Next Thread
Print Thread
#416771 25/07/10 10:16 PM
J
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
I just traveled to Aleroth, took the elevator up, then used my Dragon Stone to sell some things, do some business, etc. and then I took the zeppelin back to Aleroth. Now the elevator is on the upper floor, and every time I use the lever to call the elevator, I either immediately die, or I get lowered through the ground and straight down into the air (as if I'm on an elevator doing down).

Is there some way around this? I don't know how to get the elevator back. I hope I don't have to reload to a prior save...

Support
Support

Did you try using the call lever from the opposite side, different distances, etc, and see if you could get it to work?

If you leave Aleroth again (maybe try by zeppelin) and return, or save / quit / restart / reload, does that help any?

I take it you didn't get far enough the first time to activate the plaza teleporter shrine?

J
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by Raze

Did you try using the call lever from the opposite side, different distances, etc, and see if you could get it to work?

If you leave Aleroth again (maybe try by zeppelin) and return, or save / quit / restart / reload, does that help any?

I take it you didn't get far enough the first time to activate the plaza teleporter shrine?

Yes, I tried different positions and even tried while jumping! smile I'll see if going back after a reload helps. Unfortunately I don't have the shrine yet.

Where is the zeppelin to go back? Or is it just leaving through the door?

Support
Support

Yes, just approaching the door will give you the option to return to the fjords by zeppelin.

If you get lowered through the ground, can you use the dragon stone to get out of there, and return by zeppelin? Maybe the elevator platform would be down when you got back.
Can you run around any when you are through the ground, and see if you can get out? I once fell through the ground Rush Attacking at the orb thingy near the Broken Valley quarry; running away from the orb a bit (downhill) I popped back above ground.

J
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by Raze

Yes, just approaching the door will give you the option to return to the fjords by zeppelin.

If you get lowered through the ground, can you use the dragon stone to get out of there, and then take the zeppelin back? Maybe the elevator platform would be down when you got back.
Can you run around any when you are through the ground, and see if you can get out? I once fell through the ground Rush Attacking at the orb thingy near the Broken Valley quarry; running away from the orb a bit (downhill) I popped back above ground.

I haven't tried using the Dragon Stone, but I can't move (it locks like when you're on an elevator). Morphing doesn't work either.

What I did the first time was go up the elevator, teleport to my tower, then I went out to the fjords to find a merchant (so I couldn't return to Aleroth with my stone). I went back via zeppelin and the elevator naturally was still up, and then my problem began. So technically I have tried returning via zeppelin, but I'll try again a different way.

Support
Support

I went as far as the merchants in Aleroth the first time there and left via dragon stone, did some other stuff, and returned via zeppelin (the next time I leveled), but didn't have any problems with calling the elevator.

J
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
Oh well, nothing seemed to work so I just loaded an old save. Fortunately the game auto-saved at the top of the elevator, so all I really had to do was go back to my tower and do a few things, and then I went to the Aleroth merchant and sold everything I had done before. Didn't take too long, luckily.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard