Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
will fov be the end of egodraconis or is it possible for more adventures with our favorite split personality flying lizard

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Joram
On this moment the only other game, beside of The Dragon Knight Saga, I've an eye on is Gothic IV.

Since you like these type of games, I think you should keep an eye out for Two Worlds II also. It looks very nice, they have improved on everything from the first game (which was needed), and critics all over seems happy with what they see.

See the latest trailer on IGN: Link

"Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?"
Support
Support

The FoV website says it is "The epic conclusion to the Dragon Knight's story". Hopefully if it does well enough there will be additional add-ons with a new dragon knight, but I don't know if I'd hold my breath waiting on that.

old hand
old hand
I'd rather see Larian end this and start work on a new story that takes place some 50 or 100 years down the road where many things in the world can be changed and become totally new. It be nice to revisit the Dwarven Bread Inn or Verdistis, but if it isn't in FOV, I rather see it in D3.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I'll second that. Theres just something enticing about exploring the countryside and seeing references to the adventures long ago completed by a previous player character.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by spif2001
Originally Posted by Joram
On this moment the only other game, beside of The Dragon Knight Saga, I've an eye on is Gothic IV.

Since you like these type of games, I think you should keep an eye out for Two Worlds II also. It looks very nice, they have improved on everything from the first game (which was needed), and critics all over seems happy with what they see.

See the latest trailer on IGN: Link

Thanks ! wink

The trailer looks very nice !
I keep an eye also on this game ... but first FoV, that will be sure. Than Two Worlds II and/or Gothic IV ...
And can I buy also somewhere ... think
more-free-TIME-for-gaming? :hihi:

Last edited by Joram; 29/07/10 06:53 AM.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
I'd rather see Larian end this and start work on a new story that takes place some 50 or 100 years down the road where many things in the world can be changed and become totally new.

This would be a very interesting thought, and parhaps something for the future.

But : Since most (if not all) role-playing games evolve around "war" as the theme in which a "hero" develops, this is unlikely.

Actually, I can't remember ANY role-playing gme without "war" as the major theme !

So, I tend to rather expect that Larian would rather exploit the recurring theme of War Aginst The Damned One even further. I believe, this war needs an epic conclusion ! Because there's still the Black Ring ...

Apart from that : As I wrote above, I'd personally like something like Gothic 3, only in Rivellon.

I' lik to see some pretty normal, not war-torn towns and enclaves, too. Something where the action stops at, something to rest in. So to say.

But that ll is Larian's decision. All Divinity games have been rather action-oriented games in the past.

And that, although they do know to do non-action game, too ... wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
S
stranger
stranger
S
I prefer Gothic 3 over Divinity 2. Although they offer different experiences Gothic 3 is better in the way you feel like the country is actually at war. There are tons of towns, villages, cities while Divinity 2 only had a few, with fewer interactions. Anyway I also prefer the slower paced Gothic 3 style combat over random jumping and slicing. When I bought Diviniy 2 I was expecting a cool Oblivion Gothic clone, but it wasn't. I'm not saying the game is bad, but it falls short compared to other RPGs

addict
addict
Gothic III kinda sucks compared to Divinity II, even after all the fixes.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
A
veteran
veteran
A
We're talking about the story, I guess, not about technics.

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Okay, let's talk about the story.

From gamestar.de review:

Die Quests
Getreu dem alten Rollenspielgesetz, dass es irgendwo immer noch einen mächtigeren Zauberer gibt, ist es Ihre Aufgabe in Flames of Vengeance, eben jenen tief in den Katakomben von Aleroth aufzuspüren. Der mächtige Zauberer verfügt nämlich über das Allheilmittel gegen Damian und seine fliegenden Festungen.

AMAZING!
I thought it is not possible to make the plot more lame and worse, but looks like Larian breaks all the limits here.
WE. MUST.FIND.ANOTHER.POWERFUL.WIZARD.TO.DEFEAT.DAMIAN.
My deus_ex_elements_in_game_plots-meter shows over9k value and dies. No wonder coz of such originality - SUDDENLY, a new powerful mage Behrlihn (LOOOOOOOL) appears and solves everything. It is fun how Larian make every new powerful mage for every new Divinity game (Zandalor -> Maxos -> Behrlihn).

Soooo laaaame.
Shame on your heads, Larian.

A
veteran
veteran
A
I see from your writings that you haven't played the game.

Which means you don't know the plot.

Which means you'd better think twice on what you write.

--Dilbert cartoon

veteran
veteran
Are you trying to say that gamestar.de reviewers are liars or don't know the things they're talking about?

I guess you'd better to think twice on what you write.

P.S. As usual - *fanbois_to_the_rescue.jpg*

A
veteran
veteran
A
I say that they haven't revealed enough of the story yet.

There do exist things like "spoilers", you know !

And do you know what an anti-fanboy is ?

--Dilbert cartoon

veteran
veteran
My question was pretty simple, why do you ignore it.
The answer is simple: yes/no

A
veteran
veteran
A
For me, simple answers do not exist.

--Dilbert cartoon

journeyman
journeyman
Alrik has right. How do you know for example that the reviewer played the game thoroughly and knows all the facts about game world's background? More important is experience on which his opinion is based. If you see this matter only as black/white logic - they lie or they are true - then I'm afraid you live in fairy tale, Kein. And you will be sooner or later disappointed by real life.

veteran
veteran
Larian, you're amazing. I.. I.. I just... SIMPLE AWESUM.
You forcefully capped the game's FPS to 30! GREAT JOB!
Now ppl with GTX480/Core i7 Extreme gonna play it on shitty 30PFS!!11111oneoneone

Tha's just... brilliant coding job and a VERY clever way to solve issues I ever seen.

Here comes the cookie.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Which kind of cookie ? I like several flavours.

And, by the way, what do you know of the importance of FPS ? Are you a programmer ?

--Dilbert cartoon

apprentice
apprentice
i like white chocolate chip, dark chocolate chips give me itchy scrot

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard