Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lancet Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I'd like to know all bosses (and other sources) people have gotten Divine Charms from. Thanks in advance!

veteran
veteran
Baal

The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?
~Jeremy Bentham
Lancet Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Any others you can think of? I'm assuming only story quest bosses drop them.

Support
Support

Laiken has the first available divine charm. With him and Ba'al, that leaves 6 divine charms to account for (I had 8 before heading to the Hall of Echoes).

Lancet Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Laiken's chest (behind the throne) has 2 Divine charms in it. So that's 4 more. It sounds like only story bosses have the charms, and from reloading before killing Laiken, it was obvious he ALWAYS dropped the charm, so it seems like Divine charms are guaranteed from their sources.

veteran
veteran
Raze just gave me one. He would be considered a side quest boss I believe.

The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?
~Jeremy Bentham
Support
Support

I forgot about the charms in the chest; I didn't mindread Laiken the last time I went though that part, so the chest wasn't there. Razakel drops either a major or blessed charm.

The only flying fortress I have a save near the end of is Keara, and she does not give a divine charm.

Lancet Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I'm guessing Barnabus doesn't drop a divine charm? He seemed like the type that might, but him being one of the 5 Fjords bounty heads doesn't jive with him having a divine charm to drop.

Does Raze always drop his (or her?) divine charm?

Support
Support

Barnabus does not have a divine charm.

I'm pretty sure anyone with a divine charm drops it consistently. I reloaded a few times for such bosses, to see what else they would drop and to try for a strength, dexterity or vitality charm.

Lancet Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Apparently, there ARE some sources of divine charms which aren't guaranteed 100%!

Geshniz's golden chest (with the Plate Dragon Claws) has a chance of giving a divine charm, but it's not definite. The contents (claws aside) are random, and if it rolls a charm, it'll be a divine one. This MIGHT be based on level, however, with 30+ giving divine, and 29 or below being blessed (I'll check that in a minute).

EDIT: No, not level-dependent. And Rayhun's golden chest also has a potential Divine Charm. Does NOT look like Stone, Kali, and Raze's golden chests can have one, though. Rayhun and Geshniz's share the same style of loot (dragon armor + 3 other items), whereas the main generals' chests have random amounts, from 2 to 4 extra items. This means they probably don't share loot.

TOTAL DIVINE CHARMS: 9 (so far). Maybe I'll find even more!

Last edited by Lancet; 16/08/10 07:23 AM.
stranger
stranger
For what I think it's a random loot depending of "sets".
In every chest they're a "set" of items and when you open the chest the items are randomly get (every items have a percent for is apparition). So you'll always have the same type of things in the chest on different values (12 or 8 gold or 29 gold), or different types (Blessing charm of leech, blessing charm of fire, blessing charm of hate...). The values of gold is predefined and the "rarity" of the items too, not the enchants.
Sometime you can have more (2 items and gold) or less (just gold). The random percent is chosen by the development team so some chest can be highly random or never random (like Orobas's chest).

It's a theory based on how the others games work (especially Oblivion and Morrowind...) but normally it work like that on divinity 2 (always the sames things when I save, open the chest, load, open the chest...Something like 6/7 different items and 3 different gold values.).
If the enchants are random too thats explain with the sets are never identical but I'm not sure of it.

Last edited by Blanthirsgon; 16/08/10 06:53 PM.

Come from the flames, burn in the fame.
stranger
stranger
I messed up an used my charms already before i got to the battle tower, now i have all these legendary items with no charms to put in them, anyone know a good place to find some better then the +2 that you can buy off vendors, already did laiken an razakel, not sure if i killed baal already but most likely have, im in orbas fjord.

and is there better then +4 to melee, ranged, magic def.? havent found any yet, best i have found is +5 str, dex, int ones an +10 melee damage.

Last edited by Major-Suicide; 17/11/10 01:12 AM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard