Print Thread
#419266 16/08/10 01:31 AM
E
Eliirae Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
E
So this'll probably sound newbish, but I'm lost and not sure where to go in game >_> I'm past the battle tower, and now I only have a few shrine waypoints I can teleport to. The only one that's actually useful is the Grand Knight Shrine in the Orobas Fjords...So I go there and I'm bombarded with level 18ish goblins which isn't a problem. What is the problem is that everything in the caves is level 22-23 when I'm only sitting here at level 21...Am I suppose to go somewhere else first? I'm not sure where I need to be because the place puts me in a small area with anti-dragon zones that prevent me from going anywhere else.

I suppose I'm suppose to find a zeppelin to get to Aleroth, I just have no clue where it is or how to get there.

Kinda makes me wish there were actual walkthroughs for the game that didn't just list quests.

Support
Support

After you clear down the mountain path at the start of the fjords, there is another beach you can swim to (or fly almost to) with level 18/19 black ring members on it, behind some anti-dragon shields and defenses (which you can ignore in human form).
Once you start on the level 21 imps right away, summon your creature to help with the imps. You shouldn't have too much trouble with them (at least in small groups) at the same level. If you attack the imps with a bow from a distance (even without investing in ranger skills), you should at least be able to do some damage as they approach, and make it easier switching back to melee. Even if you just take one or two before you need retreat in order to heal (level 1 of the healing spell comes in handy, and would help conserve potions), that will mean an easier time for the next attack.

On Sentinel Island you can teleport to the shrine outside, jump up the rocks and run over to where there are no overhanging tree branches in order to change into a dragon (IIRC you may also be able to find a spot on the path down to transform, or jump off and turn into a dragon before you get too deep into the poison gas). There are probably a few remaining attackers, left when you automatically returned to the battle tower, as well as a few places you can now reach as a dragon. The quest to retrieve a book from a boat in a tree can be done now, but you might want to consider using the book yourself, rather than complete the quest.

You can also use your dragon stone to teleport to the throne room, and send your runners for ginseng (etc), malachite ore and diamonds to sell (if you don't need any other enchantment ingredients). Wait until they leave, then exit and return; once fully upgraded (talk to your trainer and enchanter) they should have a pretty good success rate, and you can do this repeatedly to build up alchemy and/or enchantment ingredients.

If you fly out over the water from the start of the fjords, you should see a bunker high in the mountains behind some anti-dragon shields and defenses. That is where you need to get to lower the barrier and disable the shields (there are a couple traders in there, as well, after they surrender).
You can either use a teleporter to get up there (the Camp Sentinel View teleporter, on the west side of the island in the middle of the channel, will bring you to Camp Eagle's Nest, where you can access the bunker) or it is also possible to fly above the anti-dragon shield and drop down in human form, if you find the right spot.

There is no rush to get to Aleroth. There are a couple of good traders there, but Zandalor will be fine until you are done with everything else; that quest is needed to get to the final section of the game. You need to find at least one of each of the 3 types of zeppelin parts (there are 3 of each type) and turn them in at the harbour to get the zeppelins running again. The pieces are predominantly in or near wyvern nests.

addict
addict
The earlier you get to Aleroth, the more levels worth of legendary jewelry you can buy from a trader there. Since legendary jewrelry has 4 total buffs, you can often get ones that give +1 to two different skills, and sometimes, even 2 skills. Also, mindreading Zandalor in the minisry building (after telling him to give you time to prepare) gets you two skill points. So getting there quickly does have SOME value to it.

E
Eliirae Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
E
The problem is the only thing I can see in dragon form in the fjords is water and anti-dragon barriers. I don't see any bunkers or anything like that. just a few anti-dragon barriers, nothing else besides water.

Am I really expected to slowly swim my way and hope I find somewhere to go?

I could use a trader to sell some things..Sassan is out of gold already since she only carries like 2k and apparently never restocks...

The I've killed all the goblins and black ring people, and this part of the game seemed to turn from being able to fight an even level/+1 enemy without using potions into spam potions in order to survive regardless of the enemy's level.

As of now I only have a limited amount of potions because I have a limited amount of gold because I can't sell anything so I can't upgrade my runners to increase their success rate or have them bring me back more than just one ginseng.

Support
Support

As you fly towards the cliff with the red anti-dragon shields, the bunker is in the cliff face. The teleporter to get over there is on a ledge directly above the left Nest Tower (as you approach the cliff).

Welcome to the forum. wave

E
Eliirae Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
E
Ahh, thanks!

Anyway, I'm stupid, sorry about that :X

addict
addict
You also have Grimm, a body parts trader on your Necromancer platform, who starts with something like 20000 gold. He can single handedly allow you to fully equip one runner, and then some.

Support
Support

I saved before talking to (or running the crosshairs over) Grimm each time I leveled (merchant inventories reset then), and reloaded a couple times to get an upgraded body part for my creature, for the next 4 or 5 levels after getting the battle tower. It doesn't help your total gold, but if you still have loot to get rid of you can buy a body part and sell enough to get that gold back.

The traders in the bunker have a fair bit of gold, and once you reach the harbour and High Hall there are additional traders (there is one in Dragon Cliff Castle, as well, but I don't recall how much gold he generally has).

Level 1 of the healing spell could help you conserve potions, though after you get your runners upgraded that will not be as much of an issue.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard