Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Support
Support

There is a patch that fixes that problem (in the US Xbox release). If you exit back to the dashboard and start the game again, loading the save will put the character in the correct location; always creating new save will avoid it.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Never overwrite
always create another save game

Xbox360 or PC

dunno about Xbox but on PC I had more savegames than I could count

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
Support
Support

The Xbox is limited to 20 saves, though with the latest firmware update at least lets you backup the saves to a USB key (haven't tried this yet). That came too late to help with my first character, where I had to keep deleting older saves as I went (contrary to my usual practice for adventure or RPG games).

stranger
stranger
haha ok ty i started all over again...but hey this time i know what not to do:)

stranger
stranger
WOW! raven ur mage build ownz! at lvl 5-6 i took down that troll with ease,took about 3 hits,of course that was after i charmed it and had it demolish a gobby camp laugh lol. but yeah i went all the way through that tunnel and got east and west talisman,and that ring from that guy at lvl 7 then i lvled from killing a couple mobs,and then got allll the way to the top of loviss tower,where u bater with that skeleton,but then made the mistake of looking closely into lord lovisis sphere thing haha,i died then but that was cause i got jumped by him and his minions lol plus i was just lvl 8!
ur build really rocks,i was gana stuck to pure mage but i found some really good weapon drops so im using this for now incase mobs get close since i dont have firewall yet,i magic melle for around 20 dmg,and with charm 1/missil 2/mana reservation 2/and that spell where u do 20 damge three times 1 lockpick 2,lol im kickin tail!! plus my guy is even stronger since i have been lucky and have like 4 rare drop gear on me haha:) ty

Last edited by UnknownGod; 13/06/10 02:21 PM.
addict
OP Offline
addict
I told you
Read part about "ULTIMATE" smile
and charm spell own

just be sure to explore,do every quest and kill everyone caose of xp penality
I hope you don"t spent points on strength
It will weaken you

raher put points in spirit and jump away when they are close
and please tell me when you get your battle tower or you have trouble killing anyone
and also post you build

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hello,

I've just created this account to share few thoughts about my personal mage build.
First off, let me state that I didn't finish the game yet - I'm finishing now side quests at Orobas Fjords.

My build for the moment:
80% points in intelligence
15% into vitality
5% into spirit

why?

You don't need high mana pool. I have like 350 mana at 26lvl and it's more than enough. Yes, you'll be burning many pots but with Battle Tower making or buying them is not the problem. You can say, it'd be difficult at the beginning - money problems - but I had none. Didn't make a lot of money, but it'd be enough to buy few upgrades right away when you finally got your precious Tower.

I focused on intelligence, I wanted my dps to be the highest possible - but with enough survivability - that's why I put some points into vitality.

Skills (at the moment):
Magic missile: 9 (my main skill)
Fire ball: 5
Fire wall: 2
Lockpick: 5
Healing: 5
Destruction: 4
Mana Effeciency: 4
Summon Demon: 4
Way of the Battle Mage: 1
Mind reading: 1
Magic Blast: 1

My thoughts:

Either Fire Wall is OP or it has a glitch: cast it not on the mobs, but try luring them into the circle - they'll die instantly. It works the same if you try luring them out, but it's more safe to do otherwise. Pretty much I use Fireball as an opening, followed with Magic Missile spam. Demon works great as a tank. I do use healing - and sometime both healing and potions. Pretty much later in the game it's really hard to do something that would make the game hard as a mage.

I have yet to respec, dunno how yet, because I'm thinking about putting few points into dexternity and getting low-req, high magic damage bow, because it might be really fun to play.

Support
Support

The battle tower trainer can let you unlearn your skills and re-assign the skill points (for a price, which doubles each time you do it). There is no way to re-assign your stat points, however. You will need to use a few charms to get your dexterity up, find some stat books / mindreads, or wait until you go up a couple levels and have enough stat points to invest (not sure what the dexterity requirements are for a magical bow; a balanced bow I checked near the end of the game had a 14 requirement for dexterity and intelligence, while a normal bow had a 29 dexterity requirement).

Skill Books/Stat Books/Dragon Skill Books Complete (spoilers)

Welcome to the forum. wave

addict
OP Offline
addict
Mjej I just saw your build
Its pretty good
I had around 1000 mana,few hundreds potions and 80 000 gold when I was 26 level on hard

About DPS thing
well I always thought its better if you can cast 500 spells before you end up without mana.
About Dps thing inteligence doesnt make superior DPS
I am sure I can make more DPS with 1000 mana than you with 300 smile

Lol just notice
my guide have 11000+ wiews
Thats something laugh

Last edited by Raven.rpg; 22/08/10 06:06 PM.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Raven, where can i find the Nightbringer Set?

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I agree with raven but I prefer putting more into vitality earlier--after I have 50 spirit and 30 int

THIS GAME IS GREAT!!
C
stranger
stranger
C
well you certainly convinced me into puttin some skill points into charm and i must say i was very surprised by the efficiency of it . ive pretty much cleared whole broken valley by just getting in the middle of a fight , using charm and firewall right afterwards .

I did however not invest that much into mana efficiency (some epic amulet is providing me with +2) , nor into potion efficiency and master herbalist (another amulet with +2). ITs more of a question ; why would u put so much into mana efficiency and mana ammount, once you get 0.1+ mana rege equipment parts theres rly no need adding to it ? i never managed to burn out my mana in fights and i have it around 680 and also why using the points in INT isnt better ? i thought int points adds to your magic damage, why wouldnt i want that- its not like im going into a 15 minutes fight and will need 1000 mana ?

after the battle tower i could not resist to level dual wielding up to 7 which made me not so ultimate mage smile
Charm skill points were replaced by the way of an battle mage , which is also imho very nice boost up on your magic damage but i didnt upgrade it up to 5/5 due to some passive skills.
NOt too happy about it but for my last skill i choose fireball (like some1 said ; was using it for the openning smile ).

i added points in confusion (which i find quite usefull esp if your spamming magic missiles every second) and 1 point to rush so once the confusion kicked in i quickly rushed into the middle, used firewall (hopefully added to confusion aswell) and quickly leeched some extra mana and life before they started fighting again / died .

Because i was always rushing into the middle of a fight i also added some points into reflex and evade, but only bc i couldnt make up my mind which one is better .

Combination pretty much worked for me everytime, even if facing higher lvl mobs altho the were a bit tougher to confuse .

Last edited by CrazyDiamond; 14/02/11 01:30 PM.
O
stranger
stranger
O
I must say this build atually kinda screwed me over. I put so many points into spirit instead of int that now my magic does sh!t dmg D: any tips? What's the point of having such a large mana pool when it rarely even runs out and you have mp pots anyways?

Support
Support

The stat bonus to damage is nice, but not a dominant factor (in DKS playing a ranger on nightmare I stopped distributing stat points on level 15, and have so far made it to the end of the D2:ED section of the game, level 37).

What level are you? Are you playing D2:ED or DKS?

There are some suggestions in your other topic. If Raven.rpg's build doesn't suit your playstype (there were changes in DKS that have a significant impact on mage characters, for example), there are other examples in this topic or the DKS forums that could give you an idea of how to modify your character as you level.

H
stranger
stranger
H
To be honest i prefer to mix and match in one game i had poison arrows, firewall, summon demon, rush attack and explosive arrows as my main skills but i put skill points on mana efficiency and summon mastery as i summoned my demon all the time.

veteran
veteran
O yes, that the most strong part of a Divnity game: the OPEN SKILL TREE !! Hope Larian never change this in a future rpg's .

I love it to use skills as 'strategic steps' in battles and above all: this is also very enjoyable and give many fun too smile

Not to forget some (no, many!) 'combinations of skills' you can use one after the other, for example:
* Stun Arrows or Poison Arrows >> Rush Attack >> Firewall :hihi:
Or
* Hide in Shadows >> Charm or Blind a victime by suprise biggrin
* Hide in Shadows > Healing and you stay invisible, the same for summoning your Creature ! (but summoning you rDemon, Ghost or Undead while Hide in Shadows is in action, you become back visible !
* Battle Rage > Rush Attack >> Thousand Strikes ! Attack ! rpg001

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard