A0 1C 90 2D wastelands, start location
here you have link to plic
http://rapidshare.com/files/359773367/data.000.html

please, send my edited to adres: ptomason@wp.pl

Raze Offline OP
Support
OP Offline
Support

I've downloaded the file and can hex teleport (in awhile), but I'm not sure if it will work properly to get a character into the wastelands. There are various changes and updates made after the cutscenes, which may not get triggered that way.

Are you playing with a no-CD/DVD crack, or did you do the configuration file edit to skip the intro videos?

The Play CD/DVD needs to be in an optical drive in order to play the cutscene videos during the blessing ceremony, and for the final cutscene video at the end of the game. If the game can not find the videos, it is unable to continue. Reload your latest save, and make sure the play disk is in a drive before you hit the gong to start the ceremony.

If you are using the no-CD crack, a couple people had to also restore the original executable. This file can be extracted from CD/DVD if you did not keep a backup (see the manual install procedure section of the Troubleshooting Tips topic; hopefully the English version instructions are close enough to follow), or with the original CD version you could just re-install the patch.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Is it possible to teleport commander Ralph out of his room?

He got stuck in there before I heard about the bug....

I've tried teleporting in there, but that only leads to me ending up in prison, and loosing a large amount of reputation...

Raze Offline OP
Support
OP Offline
Support

There are a couple ways to get him out of that room: Help with Ralph please.

Teleporting should also work: Reviving dead NPCs.

stranger
stranger
How did you understand what bytes needed to change? X_x

Raze Offline OP
Support
OP Offline
Support

For Divine Divinity, Barnabus figured out the procedure and I started with a translation of that.

I described how I identified some suff in Beyond Divinity in the topic hexess agentsv over wall. Once you get an idea of the file structure, you can target your searches much better, or even make random changes in a limited section, to see what effect it has.

[BD] Hex editing - gold, experience, stat/skill points - later in the topic there are a few more sections listing more things that can be edited, with a little bit of detail on how I figured out some of it

[BD] Teleporting anywhere (via hex editor) - replies add info about NPC teleporting

In DD, NPC teleporting is described in the topic Reviving dead NPCs (also discovered by Barnabus).

stranger
stranger
Tried... It works. Interesting. Thanks.

Still to learn so teleporting with running game, changing values in primary storage (:

Raze Offline OP
Support
OP Offline
Support

There is a way to enable the survivor's Path of the Divine early (normally available after you reach the final area of the game), which will give you access to the Translocate spell (lets you teleport anywhere you have a clear line of sight to). I tried this spell in the wastelands, but at least over long distances (by the time you moved the screen focus where you wanted in order to cast the spell) it didn't seem significantly faster than just running or using a frog statuette. Maybe with a higher screen resolution it would be more useful.

Some more hex offsets...

stranger
stranger
D:|

Map 01 ; X=60 2C ; Y=30 96 -> Penumbras SM-Studio
...is so brutal laugh

stranger
stranger
One question: Maximum X,Y coordinates for the SE of Map 02/01 are incorrect, aren't they?

Mb X must be "E0 7E" ?

Raze Offline OP
Support
OP Offline
Support

You can hex teleport to X = E0 7E (and Y = 30 7A), but at least when I tried it in Verdistis (map 01), as soon as your character tries to move, the game bumps them west (a distance a little over a couple times their height) to X = 00 7E.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

You can hex teleport to X = E0 7E (and Y = 30 7A), but at least when I tried it in Verdistis (map 01), as soon as your character tries to move, the game bumps them west (a distance a little over a couple times their height) to X = 00 7E.

It' seems, that the range of this area represents not a convex quadrangle )=

P.S. Map 01 ; X=40 E0 ; Y=70 83 -> cellar room above Dante's house
error eek

Last edited by Solitarius; 28/08/10 02:09 PM.
Raze Offline OP
Support
OP Offline
Support

You are correct; those coordinates are out of bounds, and crash the game trying to load. I'm not sure what location the description is referring to...

stranger
stranger
-___-

In primary storage with running game every coordinate are in 7 addresses x___X

I tried to change them in an infinite cycle, but game returns values back. How it's posible D:

Raze Offline OP
Support
OP Offline
Support

I do not know; I've never tried to teleport except by editing the data.000 file. If you edit the values in memory with the game running, I'm not sure how you would trigger the game to update the position. Did you try enabling Caps Lock (to allow the screen focus to be moved away from the character, possibly reducing the instances of the coordinates in memory or the frequency of auto-corrections) and then edit, and click on the ground somewhere to see if moving would jump your character position (if the value stays modified)?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard