Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hi,

playing DD via steam (GOG.com) and have version 1.05A,
the music I now ever hear is from in Aleroth, but I'm already going in the Farmlands, in the Blue Boar Inn ..., but the music didn't change at all frown !

How can I fix this issue???
Thanks in advance !! smile

EDIT: I have Windows XP, already a long time. wink
The music DID well change if I go into the Dungeaons beneath Aleroth and in the cellar of Joram's house it is also the correct sound.

Last edited by Joram; 25/08/10 01:49 PM. Reason: Forgot something to say

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Support
Support

So you used to get music changing in different areas above ground, and now it just sticks to the Aleroth music?

Did you try re-installing the game?

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yes indeed, the music sticks to the Aleroth music, also if I go into the Blue Boar Inn for example!

I just only play the game and yesterday going first to the Farmlands, the music don't change!
But before this discovering I can't even noticed there is something (possible) wrong with the ingame music because before I hadn't any problems seen and so I have not try to re-install the game!

What must I do if this isn't solved AFTER I re-install the game?
I must make a copy of my savegame, right? And after that I can re-install the game and copy paste my savegame into the new intall?

But a question: should my savegame be "corrupt"? No? (thinking of the fact that I'm already walk in the Farmlands etc WHERE the music didn't change... Or isn't that a problem? think

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Support
Support

It would be a good idea to zip or copy your saved games to another location first, just in case. The uninstall program should ask if you wish to keep your saves, so then after doing that and rebooting, shut down all non-essential programs, make sure there is nothing left in the DD folder besides the '..\Divine Divinity\Run\savegames' folder, and then re-install the game.

I don't think the problem would be in the save itself. You could start a new game, possibly use iZakaroN's SaveEditor (or from Kiya's site, with description) to boost the stats (not sure if it works with the download version of DD), and run to the farmlands or Verdistis / Dark Forest to see if the music changes.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks Raze !

I go try first to re-install DD and see or it helps wink
I also send GOG a e-mail about this issue! Hope they can give me also some extra advise smile.

One question:
can I "see" in de DD folder where the "music" must be? Maybe I can "see" that some ingame songs aren't in that folder(?) so I know the install wasn't going correct!

Best I can shut down my anti-virusprogram too? Or better not? smirk

Support
Support

At least in the disk version of the game, all the music is stored in the 165,325,592 byte file '..\Divine Divinity\Run\dat\sound.cmp'. I don't see any reason that would have been changed in the download version, and I'd guess BrainBox's music extractor would still work (see DD music).

The CRC32 value of the sound.cmp file is EDD9B582, if you want to check it with a program such as Hash. There is also a file verification procedure in the Troubleshooting Tips topic, for the disk version. With the download version, depending on the file, it may not be clear if any differences found are due to changes updating the game (at least the div.exe and configtool.exe files would be different) or corrupt files.

Yes, it would be best to shut down any non-essential programs, especially anti-virus, before installing or starting the game.
Sometimes I just leave stuff running (though I never have the real time portion of anti-virus programs going), but if I have any problems with performance or stability, then I'll start shutting down stuff first and maybe try a clean re-install.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
After re-installing the game, NOTHING changed frown !

I go explore with my savegame and go to the Dark Forest, Verdistis, Rivertown Sewers, Catacombs beneath Aleroth, Farmlands and the surroundings of Aleroth (+ Aleroth), cellar of Joram's house.

All "colation ingame music" is okay, except the Farmlands (= Aleroth music) + the Dark Forest (= also the Aleroth music!!).

If I could know ALL other NOT explored area's are okay, then I can accept a "little bit" this bug, but otherwise, NO !
And I love the Dark Forest music and especially the Wastelands music, so yeah smirk ... HOW in the name I can know on THIS moment that these area's shall "sounds" okay??? smirk frown

SO I wish to know WHAT I can change in the files so it is after that well done?

@Raze:
It's strange, but if I look in the folder of Divine Divinity, I see NO "run" -folder !
The maps are like this:
Code
Divine Divinity
   capture
   dat
      English
      monologues
         Scrying
   Dynamic
   fonts
   global
   localizations
      english
   main
      startup
         static
   savegames
   sound
   static
      herous
      imagelists

GOG haven't answered my question so far frown ...

Many thanks in advance !!

PS: So my hardcore heroin is killed by a Giant Spider I go begin over again, so no problem if my savegame going corrupt or disapeared :hihi:

PS 2: Question 2: CAN I install again the disc version (V1.0034A) and update this version to V.1.05A, (the last version?) ???

Last edited by Joram; 27/08/10 04:51 PM. Reason: PS 2 !!

Support
Support

Larian must have gotten rid of the run subfolder in the download version, and just moved everything up.

There is no official patch to update the disk version to 1.05. You could install the disk version and try replacing the div.exe and configtool.exe files with those from the download version, but I don't know if that would work properly (or at all).

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks Raze for your help and suggestions! I appreciate it very much! smile

I'm afraid not, also because I haven't much knownlegde of doing something like that :hihi: ...

I hope Larian or GOG can help me further ? (I e-mail them both).
If not, ten I play again the disc version and GOG ...hmmm... I never buy again from that site frown ... the Gothic II Gold Edition also didn't work well !! mad

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hi,

UPDATE !

It's strange, more strange now i discovered this:
going with another hero (savegame) to the Dark Forests, the music was OKAY !! smirk
But never hear the nice song of the Blue Boar Inn with the steam version of GOG frown !!

I donwloaded the version via my Internet Explorer (the last version of the IE). But maybe it is better(?) to download it via the second possible way GOG give: "add to donwloader". ?

IF I know only in the Farmlands are problems with the music, but all the rest is okay I play further the steam version V.1.05A. Otherwise ... hmmm ... still there is a solution for at least the Blue Boar Inn music! ?

Still NO answer from GOG (almost a week ago asked) ... frown

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
frown I want the "Blue Boar Inn" music on my "steam version V1.05A" ! ... frown
(and if it can the music from the Farmlands also ... )

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
It's very very strange that sometimes the music change and another time it didn't change !
For example the Dark Forest or Verdistis. Twice I experienced the music did well, but before the music didn't change ...
Maybe "strange things could be solved magical by strange methods?" :hihi:

R
stranger
stranger
R
Hi!
Same problem here - music doesn't change aboveground - it's playing only 2 track all the time aleroth theme and wilderness (i suppose) theme - certainly no farmland, inn or barracks music.
I tried to swap the "sound" folder with the one from the CD version but with no effect. Lowering the sound acceleration also doesn't work (it's not that old game so it's not the case anyway).
Maybe they broke something while upgrading from 1.04A to 1.05A version - there wasn't any cases like that on the forums before from what I know so maybe 1.04A wasn't broken.
Hope they will fix it with a new patch. Too bad I bought GOG version while having the CD version already frown

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hi Reytan,

I bought the GOG-version (V.1.05A) too. I have contact GOG for help a few weeks ago, but nothing hear of them and I ask it twice .. nothing! frown

But 1 big pro that is of having the steam version is that I can download all the DD music soundtracks and listen to all the beatiful Kirill music on my mediaplayer ...
But it is sadly that the music IN the gameworld didn't change in the Farmlands and more ... frown

I go asking Lynn of Larian and give the link to this thread (she asked me to do that)
wink

I hope Larian can give us a solution ?

But in the meanwhlie I play further my steamversion. I'm now a level 17 warrior! So a great game I could not resist biggrin

R
stranger
stranger
R
Hi,
I asked about this on gog.com forum and already checked some solutions - it doesn't work, but maybe You will have more luck than me :P
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/divine_divinity_series/music_problem_it_doesnt_change/page1

Music is a big pro of the game, but from what I remember previously it was possible to extract the soundtracks from the game, so all the same for me laugh I would like to hear this music while playing the actual game, not just on the mediaplayer :P

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I have also Windows XP and have reinstall the game (like Raze mentioned earlier), but nothing helps!

I'm for sure the admin of my own pc!

The only thing that CAN be possible is to check if my PC have the last sound drivers.

But hmmm ... strange I will say ! Why work the music in the disc version well and not in the steam version? smirk

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Now I discovered (with the steam version of GOG) that the music change very very slowly IF you go from the Farmlands to verdistis or the Dark Forest !! But it changed and I'm happy it did!!
If I go into the Catacombs beneath Aleroth or in a Cave, the music change fast enough, no problems.

And in the Ducall Inn in Verdistis the music is also going fine !!! (a little slowly, but fine)

So I think there is NO problem with MY sound card at all !!
Because why should it work fine in the Ducall Inn, but NOT in the Blue Boar Inn or Dwarven Bread in??
Why did it change if I go from the Farmlands to Verdistis or the Dark Forest and NOT if I go from the location arroud Aleroth to the Farmlands?

ALL this seems to me very very strange things ...

ALL because of my sound card? (I checked my sound card and all works well ... )
I think not .

stranger
stranger
I, too, seem to have this problem. This is my first time through so I've never heard most of the music but I'd appreciate to have the opportunity to do so, as I've enjoyed the tracks I heard.
[Linked Image]

I don't know what to do. I'm pretty sad now. Of course it's not game breaking but eh... just disappointed. I hope we can find a way to fix this!

Update: I just tried to create a "run" folder inside the Divinity main folder, and then move the "dat" folder inside the run folder I created. Didn't work. Making a copy of the dat folder and putting it inside "run" did not work either. Moving only the sound.cmp file into run/dat disables all music in the game.

So I don't think there's anything wrong with the file. It's something else. Investigating still.

I wish there was some way to see what's inside the CMP file, I wanted to look at it and see if I find anything wrong with it. Although it's been confirmed there's nothing wrong with it. I'm just running out of random stuff to do.

Last edited by taviow; 20/12/10 11:13 PM.
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yeah, and the most "strange" thing is that sometimes the music do change WELL and later on or earlier vise versa ! (by me : going to the Dark Forest: now it's okay, but earlier the music didn't change 1 time)

From 3 points in the game I'm SURE the music must change, but NEVER did it with my GOG-version :
1) Going (coming from Aleroth) to the Farmlands, the music do NOT change!
2) Going in the Blue Boar Inn, the music do NOT change
3) Going in the Dwarven Bread Inn the music do NOT change

To me it "feels" like the GOG-version is missing some of the soundtracks (???)
OR
simply(?) the "script" (or something) that is responsible for the changes in these soundtracks while my hero walk over the point of "change the music NOW!" wink

I really hope someone can find a solution ! smile

Last edited by Joram; 22/12/10 07:39 AM. Reason: "Dwarven Bread Inn", sorry !

stranger
stranger
To be honest the music never changes here. It doesn't change sometimes. It just doesn't.

We can't be the only people in the internet with this problem, now can we? There's got to be a reasonable explanation for this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard