Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
By a twist of fate, the first press to see Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga came from France.
Jeux Video and Gameblog just released their impressions after seeing the game in action. Here are a few snips:

From Jeux Video - Full preview article

"Whether it is on PC or on Xbox360, the game has taken a giant visual leap. Simply put, everything looks more beautiful, more detailed... really impressive !"

"On Xbox360, it's also worth noting that the interface has been improved significantly, more usable and a lot better readable than in Ego Draconis. Another problem they solved is that the camera is now much closer to the avatar, (ed: with different controls) allowing the player to better control his character in combat"

"Flames of Vengeance is an expansion of great quality. Very rich in content, better looking than the previous episode, with bugfixes and improvements where possible, it concludes Divinity II in the best possible way."

and from Gameblog.fr - Full preview article

"They worked on it for a year to propose you a new version that's a lot more sexy, in all aspects."

old hand
old hand
Interesting. I look forward to seeing the changes.

veteran
veteran
Hmmmm .... more sexy ? biggrin

I buy this Dragon Knight Saga on Xbox as soos as possible !! :hihi:

Thanks to Larian for making so much improvements ! claphands

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
addict
addict
Please work very hard to get the Xbox 360 version out in North America. This sounds amazing.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
The preview says that on 360, the camera will be placed much closer to the character than in the original Ego Draconis, allowing the player to perform moves that were previously impossible.

I'm sure there's a reason for this but I'm slightly worried, because in action adventure games where you fight several enemies at once coming from various angles, you generally avoid putting the camera too close to the character for fear of being hit by unseen offscreen enemies.

Can you explain how it makes movement easier?
Thanks.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Libertarian
Please work very hard to get the Xbox 360 version out in North America. This sounds amazing.
Was Ego Draconis region restricted? Some Xbox 360 games are not so worth looking into when the game releases if you want a copy.

Support
Support

The Xbox releases of D2:ED for North American (NTSC) and the UK/other (PAL) were not compatible with the opposite systems (at least according to a compatibility chart I found online somewhere when this question came up awhile ago).

Lar said Canadian distribution was set, so there shouldn't be an issue getting the Xbox version online if the US release is delayed, even if DKS doesn't support both NTSC and PAL.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard