Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#423466 05/11/10 05:31 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
At the request of Divinity Gamer and no doubt some others here's some screenshots of the Xbox 360 version. These were taken off screen using a camera so forgive the quality. The last few pics are probably better quality than the first few.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Overall the graphical quality is much improved from Ego Draconis and the framerate is much much better. As I progress through the game I'll be sure to snap a few more pictures as I go along.

Feel free to add any screenshots of your own. If anyone has a capture card to capture better images please do add some nice high quality pics.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 05/11/10 05:36 PM.

old hand
old hand
Even though the shots aren't High Quality.
I can see some Graphical Improvements along with the HUD Revamp!

Thanks smile.
Anymore people add them please!

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
The jaggies in pic 3 look pretty bad... does the console version have any AA at all? That's one of the main things that keeps me a PC gamer, the lower resolution and lack of AA in most console games.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet
The jaggies in pic 3 look pretty bad... does the console version have any AA at all? That's one of the main things that keeps me a PC gamer, the lower resolution and lack of AA in most console games.

The pics were taken with me sitting like a foot away from a 32" HDTV. Pretty much most things have jaggies at that range on my TV regardless of what game or platform. When sat on my sofa a good 6ft away from the screen you don't notice them at all.

The images are also upscaled to 1080p (the HDTV is 1080p) by the Xbox 360 and/or the AV reciever (if the Xbox 360 doesn't upscale a game to 1080p my AV reciever does). It will never be as good as a high end PC but the graphics are pretty damn good this time around for console. certainly better than Ego Draconis.

Pretty sure that both versions of Divinity 2 lack native anti aliasing on PC aswell (I've seen some stuff referencing this though cannot say it's true or not having not played the PC version myself) so I doubt the Xbox 360 version will have it if the PC version lacks it. If you don't sit with your eyeball glued to the screen it shouldn't make a great deal of difference really.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 05/11/10 07:24 PM.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Yes, sitting further away does help with console games. Still, it's noticeable for someone like me who is 95% a PC gamer, I'm just used to something else if you know what I mean. I wasn't mentioning it to start a PC vs. console war though, I was just genuinely curious.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Not interested in a platform war, I'm just telling it how it is, lol. smile

Dragon Knight Saga is a pretty looking game in comparison to Ego Draconis. Not perfect, but much much better.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 06/11/10 05:38 PM.

old hand
old hand
Make sure you keep updating us.

Ughh...all this talk makes me want to go and out and get it...but I'm broke at the moment, but I still have the Original which I haven't completed.
Who says go and back and complete it?

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Just trade it in. Dragon Knight Saga is a much better overall experience. Unless you want the achievements. wink

Don't worry I will keep updating. I haven't been on much due to work but will throw a few more screens up on Monday which will hopefully be better quality as I wont have to rush them (still be offscreen but no blur and more variation).

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 06/11/10 06:44 PM.

old hand
old hand
Seems like it really has improved over the original!

addict
addict
Yeah, I'm so jealous.

*sits and waits, while remaining cautiously optimistic, for a North American release date*

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Another screenshot taken in Broken Valley. Batteries ran out on camera so have to go buy some more to ttake some more pics later.

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard