Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet
All that said... I don't find it insulting enough to not support the game and the remaining PC developers for two reasons:

Same here (though rather than PC developers it is Dragon > DRM), thus in protest I am getting it through Impulse rather than the Larian Vault... whenever someone (I guess from Focus Home Interactive, as they are the publisher) finally flips the switch so that it will be availible for download and that is where I will recommend other get the game.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Phalzyr
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
"Windows needs to restart to install an update."

laugh that is both funny and sparks memories. As a computer tech I've seen machines stop functioning simply because they did a windows update.

I prefer DRM that does simple Disk Check, then you can remove, scheem. It stops piracy as much as all others out there and is far less intrusive. Internet required to install a game is problematic for me, only one of my pcs can get online and that is even very unreliable. I can't afford DSL or Cable or even Dial up right now...

Probably a stupid question: you can't afford an internet connection but can afford to shell out 40€ for a videogame? confused

Ipsa scientia potestas est.
Support
Support

FWIW, Larian released a patch for Beyond Divinity when Vista came out to remove the Starforce copy protection (which wouldn't install in Vista due to changes made to the way Windows handled drivers), and they have Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity available from Good Old Games, free of any DRM.

apprentice
apprentice
Probably a stupid question: you can't afford an internet connection but can afford to shell out 40€ for a videogame? confused [/quote]

Umm, there is a difference between shelling out 40€ a month for internet connection, and shelling out 40€ for a game when you can afford it.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by kache
Probably a stupid question: you can't afford an internet connection but can afford to shell out 40€ for a videogame? confused

It's more than an internet connection, it's a server connection. That server will not always be around.

old hand
old hand
As some people posted already on the forum, for our previous games we deactivated the DRM at some point and we'll do the same for this one.

Kache & StringingVelvet: $40 dollars for a game or $60+ a month for internet. You do the math the two are very different cost wise. Being a gamer I am going to get new game, that is a must. I accept that cost already. $720+ dollars a year for something I'll only uswe for game activations... I could spend that cash on far better things. IT isn't about not being able to afford it for me, it is about better money managment. Luckily I can hop on a unsecure wireless in my area to do the activation...It when it gets to internet check every time loading it that annoys me.

Last edited by Phalzyr; 08/11/10 03:36 PM.

Insanity Is Just A Matter Of Opinion
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Lar_q
As some people posted already on the forum, for our previous games we deactivated the DRM at some point and we'll do the same for this one.

Good.

I'll wait for that then. wink

S
journeyman
journeyman
S

Yes, I believe you, and like I said before I don't worry about it because if you should ever close up shop and not do that for whatever reason then the fans will take care of it.

DRM on PC is no reason not to support the games, in my opinion. Well... except for Ubisoft's BS.

stranger
stranger

When will you deactivate the DRM for DKS? It obviously serves no useful purpose.

Imarion Offline OP
OP Offline

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Zapper Weisman
I was just looking at this on Steam when I noticed the "3rd-party DRM: SecuROM™
5 machine activation limit" note under the game details.

What a pity. I was looking forward to buying this. Now I guess I won't. frown

J'aime le fromage.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard