Page 1 of 2 1 2
#424543 09/11/10 01:38 AM
S
Snutze Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
I dont knwo how your things are set up by create a mutiplier or something cause honestly I didnt find the original hard really and it seems item drop are totally crazy right now ... game is AWESOME but farmville mod kinda kill the epicness and the mood .. If people find it hard it was okay to streamline the original but I guess Difficulty isnt suppose to be the hardest thing to set up ... I think everygame should have a really challenging option and right nwo object are too strong too fast to achieve that ... there is no fear when you 3 shot a boss ..

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
first off, english please.

Second off, handicap yourself. You don't have to use the sword of +100 physical and magical damage, you know.

S
Snutze Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
well .. to me it look like you were able to understand ... beside Geting better item and geting stronger is part of the reward and thrill of playing this kind of game.. Right nwo it feels like I cheated but I have to compensate by making myself weaker .. and I can decide when to power up when its needed ? that really kills any sens of progression and epicness ..

old hand
old hand
I think we can envision making a very hard option or make hard harder - the thought has occurred over here but we didn't really think there was going to be a market for it. If enough people support the idea, we could come up with something really really hard but still doable wink

S
Snutze Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
I appreciate the feedback and I dont want you guys to rush too much on that but if its not too hard and if you have sometime check the forums smile Actualyl ive seen plenty of people that really find it too easy right now :P I found the original was okay ( could have us hard too ) but for me part of immersion is that kind of game really comes from the feelign I can easily die IF im nto cautious or prepared ! anyway thanks for reading I really hope it happens !

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by Lar_q
I think we can envision making a very hard option or make hard harder - the thought has occurred over here but we didn't really think there was going to be a market for it. If enough people support the idea, we could come up with something really really hard but still doable wink

*cough* time to open a poll then *cough*

M
addict
addict
M

I support that idea.
On normal mode, with stuttering and lag I didn't get much problem with fights until Aleroth (with a warrior).

S
stranger
stranger
S
Agree with very hard option. Playing with hard but there's eye-catching +50 damage around at level 8 for 800 gold.

Make very hard option feels like Ego Draconis with Hard might be fun.
(I don't know but dying in Divinity 2 doesn't seem frustration for me though.)

Edit: guess I'll wait for a patch or something before continue...
Or maybe forced myself to use any weapon with no + bonus damage (especially from Mind Read of course.)

Last edited by SamNainocard; 09/11/10 06:05 PM.

I'm Thai.
Sorry for my grammar.

I don't post much, but reading.
S
Snutze Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Ya personnaly im waiting for a mod or hotfix from larian to play. Even If I have the game its simply to easy right now and I dont want to have to *control my strenght * ..

Last edited by Snutze; 09/11/10 06:20 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Well it's quite easy, I just bought a weapon with chance to fire, poison or something. (Feel like to waste 2000g for self-balance.)

Anyways, current increased damage enchant seems multiply by 10.
So, what about found +50 damage, try using +10 damage instead, huh?
Well, I'm feeling using a equal weapon right now.

Anyways, 01:27 here...

Last edited by SamNainocard; 09/11/10 06:28 PM.

I'm Thai.
Sorry for my grammar.

I don't post much, but reading.
old hand
old hand
"Very Hard" option, really? I think the complainers haven't even finished the game yet.

In Ego Draconis, all one needed to do is outlevel enemies, and they couldn't hurt you anymore. Now, that was easy.

In DKS, there is no longer level-based damage and even enemies way below your level can still easily kill you if you're not careful... so all those "overpowered" weapons mean absolutely nothing later in the game.

Last edited by virumor; 09/11/10 07:59 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by virumor
"Very Hard" option, really? I think the complainers haven't even finished the game yet.

In Ego Draconis, all one needed to do is outlevel enemies, and they couldn't hurt you anymore. Now, that was easy.

In DKS, there is no longer level-based damage and even enemies way below your level can still easily kill you if you're not careful... so all those "overpowered" weapons mean absolutely nothing later in the game.

If enemies still have the same stats, only without the level adjustments to damage, then a higher difficulty will be needed because of the more powerful weapons.

Really what was needed was better armor, not weapons (Well, prehaps a little better, but not the numbers some people are finding). I never had much trouble killing enemies unless they were far above my level, it was just they kill me almost as fast.

old hand
old hand
I'm not sure, but it seems the unique armour sets (Scorpion, Ulthring) have better stats as well.

S
Snutze Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Gwenio

If enemies still have the same stats, only without the level adjustments to damage, then a higher difficulty will be needed because of the more powerful weapons.

Really what was needed was better armor, not weapons (Well, prehaps a little better, but not the numbers some people are finding). I never had much trouble killing enemies unless they were far above my level, it was just they kill me almost as fast.

Exactly ! the problem is not that its impossible to die its just that 1 shoting or 2 shotign monstrer of the same lvl doesnt feel right at all I was 100 % fine with the original values ... battle are just too fast ...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Snutze
Exactly ! the problem is not that its impossible to die its just that 1 shoting or 2 shotign monstrer of the same lvl doesnt feel right at all I was 100 % fine with the original values ... battle are just too fast ...

They are too fast in Ego Draconis if you max some of the better damage abilities. Maxed Magic Blast & Destruction take away enough of the final boss's HP so that a level 5 Explosive Arrow could finsh him on hard (at least that is what seemed to happen, the magic blast was the only thing that specifically targeted him and it did not kill him. I did not notice him after that so I assume an explosive arrow got him... either way said magic blast could one-hit him on easy). Similarly, he could nearly kill me in one melee attack (10 to 20% HP range), which is why I could not exactly follow the magic blast up with an exploding arrow immediately.

Edit:
It seems +damage enchants have been boosted as well. It seems as though weapons have been made to be closer the most powerful spells for damage output... and said spells seemed too strong in Ego Draconis.

Last edited by Gwenio; 09/11/10 09:37 PM.
old hand
old hand
Magic blast should have been *one* missile only, instead of *three*. Even *one* blast is already very powerful. Three is overkill against everything but bosses.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Magic blast should have been *one* missile only, instead of *three*. Even *one* blast is already very powerful. Three is overkill against everything but bosses.

At the very least damage per missle should not have increased when adding more missles, and possibly damage per missle should drop when adding more (best would have been a slight decrease in cool down and no extra missles, with it reaching about that of explosive arrow at max level).

S
Snutze Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
yep really I understand dev dont want the game to feel like a LOOONNG grind fest but kill or die isnt too fun or challenging its better to struggle but make it alive I want it to be rewarding to complete stuff not just *to do list* but yeah damage output is way too high I dont knwo im trowign random number but lets say you cut damage by 40 % and up survability by 20 % or somethign could make it more interesting

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Yah, make a harder option for sure. I hear overpowered weapons make it too easy... So increase normal and hard difficulty... Or make a Very Hard difficulty.

old hand
old hand
A very hard option would be interesting right now. However; it is the over powerful weapons that need toned down. The game is fun as-is without using weapons that don't offer a magic damage of +30 (or greater).

I'm sure this is patched, if you see these weapons don't get them. Treat them as a known bugged item for the time being until a patch is made. The items give a +10 damage to magic when it should be +1. We basically have weapons used for internal beta testing of the game. I've used similar weapons on closed beta games I was invited to test where we focused on quest structure as combat was given the two thumbs up.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
S
Snutze Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
SO Lar_q if you could either open a poll or simply tell us when this subject is important enough to be taken seriously :P or give us a follow up as soon as you can :P

veteran
veteran
I wish to play and "test" the whole DKS first before I ask to change something ...
I love it to play a RPG on hard(core) mode ... and I try this with the original Ego Draconis, but my hero couldn't survive easely!! It was really hard to survive ! smile

But today I think I make a new try to play hardcore (= if hero die, Game Over and start all over again!) ... and I have the feeling this time the DKS start "easy", but become more and more difficult to the end because of the changes Larian make so an enemy below my hero's level can still kill my hero (and so DO damage and not like in the original Ego Draconis!) ...

Now I first try simply on "casual" :hihi: ... just give it a try and see how I like it biggrin ... maybe too easy hahaha

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
The question is how many people are using quick save and are reloading to save XP from mind reading ect...???

I have it on XBOX 360 playing it on HARD.

Tho I have played it before I am playing it as if it was a new game so doing everything in case I miss something. I've done up to the point of killing all of Broken Valleys Most Wanted and have seen Lovis ect...

Becasue I'm playing it by the book I am running about with very little in the way of Health and Mana potions. I can't even use the tree under the mill to help because I am not finding the plants I need, but have 100+ of one I don't at this time. It's all been cleaned up so finding items is not so easy as it was before.

To be fair it's early days, but it's no walk over yet. I was used to having a LaRgE stash of potions but now I have to work harder to stay alive even tho I have played it before as ED. wink

End of the day it could be luck of the finds but if your cheating on XP then your cheating your selfs. :hihi:

A very hard option is always welcome, but right now I can't comment as I have not finished it yet and have weeks ahead of me in terms of game play. wink

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
veteran
veteran
So Dungeon Master, if I understand you right, the game become harder if you progress ?
If so, great news because it is so much more a thrilling adventure when that adventure is growing to become harder at the end and NOT vice versa (it's frustrating and boring the beginning is too hard, but all the rest become too easy) smile

IF I play hard(core), I definitely do NOT cheat with the XP debt by Mindreading! If I Mindread, my hero must TAKE the XP debt and DON'T reload after any Mindreading !

I love this Mindreading skill and definitely wish to Mindread all I can biggrin ...

I play on Xbox.

Question about "casual" difficulty :
I read on another forum if you play on "casual", every level-up you can spend 3 skillpoints and 12 statpoints!! Is that really true?

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Joram
I read on another forum if you play on "casual", every level-up you can spend 3 skillpoints and 12 statpoints!! Is that really true?

No no no! grin

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Macbeth
Originally Posted by Joram

No no no! grin

No?
I that case I think that man has a "bug" or is dreaming with his eyes open biggrin

old hand
old hand
We've included a "nightmare mode" which will be part of the next update. I haven't played it myself yet but I'm told it's brutal. When we release it, just be aware that you can always turn back the difficulty smile

We've included a "nightmare mode" which will be part of the next update. I haven't played it myself yet but I'm told it's brutal. When we release it, just be aware that you can always turn back the difficulty smile
Will this make it on 360?
How about calling it Divinity mode, Nightmare more Doom related tho it sounds we will be doomed. smile

Joram,

sure it gets harder the deeper you get and you have to change your play to survive accordingly. Truth is that with the first title you could become overwhelmed say 20 hours in because you may of skipped and/or missed many missions that reward XP so you could be entering an area much lower than you could be. DSK at the moment is no different in that it's best to do as much as you can before you commit yourself to a main quest. So if you do come across enemies that are a level or 2 above you then it's best to find another path and return later. Many things to see and do beyond what you think is the most obvious way to play and a lot of surprises to be had along the way.

Plus you can make it as easy or as hard as you wish. Many thousands of ways to play Divinity tho I am fond of having a sword in my hand at the moment. wink

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
So are these super magic damage+ weapons actually bugged or are they meant to be in the game now?

Support
Support

They are meant to be in the game, but possibly not quite that effective (or at least Lar said they would consider the comments about them being overpowered for the next update of the game). They lowered the level requirements of some enchantments, which are also used by the random item generator.

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
Originally Posted by Soulmancer
So are these super magic damage+ weapons actually bugged or are they meant to be in the game now?

The weapons are, but the actual enchantments they have are much higher than should be available.

The +100 physical/magic damage enchantments are the very highest weapon enchant you can get, so they should be reserved for weapons near the endgame. Instead, the randomization of stats/enchants sometimes causes a level 5 weapon in the broken valley village to have it :P

S
Snutze Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S

YA made my day wow thanks so much Im buying from your vault in euro ( can of bad for me since im in canada ) just to show my gratitude ! ( and yeah I was using my friend comp to play ) and actually I have to original but im still willing to pay for full dks I guess

Last edited by Snutze; 13/11/10 04:11 PM.
S
Snutze Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
PS : Have any idea when to expect the first patch ? are you guys aiming at a BIG fix in a month or some quick adjustement ( with nightmare laugh ) like in 1 or 2 weeks ?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dungeon Master
Joram,

sure it gets harder the deeper you get and you have to change your play to survive accordingly. Truth is that with the first title you could become overwhelmed say 20 hours in because you may of skipped and/or missed many missions that reward XP so you could be entering an area much lower than you could be. DSK at the moment is no different in that it's best to do as much as you can before you commit yourself to a main quest. So if you do come across enemies that are a level or 2 above you then it's best to find another path and return later. Many things to see and do beyond what you think is the most obvious way to play and a lot of surprises to be had along the way.

Plus you can make it as easy or as hard as you wish. Many thousands of ways to play Divinity tho I am fond of having a sword in my hand at the moment. wink

I've played the original Ego Draconis on Xbox to the final battle.
I've asked my question because of the massiv remastering for the DKS wink

I wish to play the DKS now firsst on casual mode and see or my hero(in) can survive. If this isn't a challenge at all, I increase the difficulty laugh !

Playing on "Nightmare" I think will not be easy to survive on hardcore mode :hihi: ...

To be clearly Dungeon Master : I play all RPG's with much patient and explore each crack & cranny to find all the goodies a RPG can offer me ! wink

apprentice
apprentice

Good To Know :DD At last :P
In Hard mode with my warri I am Godlike frown only a very very huge group can take my Hp under 50% nothing else frown
Any Release date of the update please?

old hand
old hand
Re release of patch: The most important things are in there I think, but we still have two side-effects of optimizations we did that need to be fixed. Once that is done, we need to test it, fix whatever new problems we find and then we can release it. So at best end of next week, at worst the week after that.

veteran
veteran
And will their be a patch for PC and also for the Xbox360 ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard