Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#424737 09/11/10 04:12 PM
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand

Last edited by Lar_q; 09/11/10 04:12 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
The digital hotfix. Does that apply to STEAM? Im using the Dragon Knight Saga, English version. I downloaded it and tried to install it, but it said that it could not be applied or the game was not installed or didnt match.

Whats the issue?

Last edited by Mordivier; 09/11/10 04:23 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
I doubt you will get this to work with steam. They are notoriously slow on steam sometimes. If you manage to get it to work on steam let me know if it works so I can re-purchase the game smile

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by DiceDuP
I doubt you will get this to work with steam. They are notoriously slow on steam sometimes. If you manage to get it to work on steam let me know if it works so I can re-purchase the game smile

Well, one of the hotfixes says for "digital distributions". One would think that should apply to steam.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Ye, but it doesnt :S They apply to D2d, gamesplanet, gamersgate etc. Not steam.

Last edited by DiceDuP; 09/11/10 04:33 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Lar. Any update concerning STEAM? I know alot of people who are using this platform to play this game. Any word on this?

Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
My mistake - I forgot to add that:

Some digital distribution versions (such as Steam) have their own system for releasing patches, hotfixes etc... If you bought your game through one of these vendors, then you will not be able to install this hotfix. We are working on getting it distributed through those services.

We're sending it through to them now and hopefully it'll get released soon, but that's a process outside of our control.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hi Lar,

Does this also concern the Xbox 360 version?

Thanks!
Tixu

stranger
stranger
Now that's just awesome, great work guys!

Lacho Calad! Drego Morn!
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Lar_q
My mistake - I forgot to add that:

Some digital distribution versions (such as Steam) have their own system for releasing patches, hotfixes etc... If you bought your game through one of these vendors, then you will not be able to install this hotfix. We are working on getting it distributed through those services.

We're sending it through to them now and hopefully it'll get released soon, but that's a process outside of our control.

Thank you for your response. Im glad to see that your company listens and responds to its consumer base and quickly too. Alot of companies do not.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tixu
Hi Lar,

Thanks!
Tixu

Everything concerning Xbox has to go over a Microsoft aproval, i dont think xbox version will be all that fast wink

Blame Microsoft, not larian wink

D
stranger
stranger
D
I don't think there is an issue with the XBox 360 version is there?

Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I think the situation on the X360 is different - we're releasing this hotfix to help PC players with powerful rigs and players who experience micro-stuttering. On the X360, as it's a single platform, that problem doesn't occur so they way it's currently set up is the best possible. I haven't heard (nor seen) any problems in terms of micro-stuttering on the X360.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by KnightPT
Originally Posted by Tixu
Hi Lar,

Thanks!
Tixu

Everything concerning Xbox has to go over a Microsoft aproval, i dont think xbox version will be all that fast wink

Blame Microsoft, not larian wink

Hey guy, I'm not blaming anyone! On the contrary, I really appreciate Larian's work, and I wouldn't blame a studio which delivered such a great game wink

And yes, the xbox 360 needs some hotfix too as there are a few issues which have been reported : namely, the save crashes (which is the main problem, I think), and also some movie and npc problem.

Unfortunately, it seems there are not a lot of xbox players out there to post the problems on forums, so we get much less visibility.

Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
@Mordivier: Putting it on Steam might take a bit of time but I really have no idea how long it will be. I'll keep you posted if I learn more.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Any idea when this will be available through Steam? Started to regret buying the game through steam, only did it because it was cheaper and convenient at the time... Any ETA on steam applying the hotfix? Will any announcement be posted when it is applied?

Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
@Tixu: The process of patching on the X360 is much more complicated so when we release a patch and the number of patches is limited also, so we'd like to do it all in one go. We're investigating the issues reported but they really don't seem to be that reproducible. I'm not saying they are'nt there - it's just that they have a low frequency of occurring which makes it hard for us to find them. As we discover what and when they occur, we'll work on collecting all fixes and then release a patch.

T
stranger
stranger
T
OK, thanks for the honest answer wink
Well, I know how this kind of things work being in the same line of work myself, more or less, so i guess I'll already have finished the game when the patch is online for the 360. No worries, the game is great and very enjoyable as is, and as of now, I didn't get a game braking bug anyway.

(getting a few crashes here and there reminds me of the time when I was a PC player, haha laugh

Last edited by Tixu; 09/11/10 05:32 PM.
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Hotfix doesn't help with micro-stuttering even after changing fps cap over 30...

Life is an eternal search...
C
stranger
stranger
C
I would just like to say that this patch has had the game running nicely for me, so thanks smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard