Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
stranger
stranger
While i can understand that some might be bothered by a cap, and i admit i was slightly worried when i heard about it..... it's really not an issue here. The game runs smoothly and flawlessly with no stuttering, lag, or slowdowns, even at a fully maxed out resolution.

So kudos for releasing a patch just to satisfy people that want to get rid of it, but know that the game is completely playable even without it.

Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
That's.. very interesting version of InnoSetup which makes installers the whole day :P

Kein #424666 09/11/10 12:18 PM
old hand
old hand
They need to be tested too.

Kein #424667 09/11/10 12:19 PM
Ovi Offline
stranger
stranger
Shouldnt the patch have been released by now since it was being compiled yesterday morning?

//edit: just saw the post above

Last edited by Ovi; 09/11/10 12:20 PM.
Ovi #424696 09/11/10 02:01 PM
B
stranger
stranger
B
I am rather excited about putting the frame rate up. I think the game is fantastical with the cap even, so this is just icing on the cake. I originally had that stuttering problem with Ego Draconis on my old video card. No matter what the settings were it stuttered. I have recently installed it and it was gone. So, I am excited to play Dragon Knight Saga with a full 60 FPS.

Nice job on releasing a user requested tweak program. You're one of my new favorite companies.

Kein #424706 09/11/10 02:30 PM
apprentice
apprentice
The most efficient way to get rid of the stuttering is changing the engine.
This can't be done for this game, obviously, but please do it for the next games.
The most beautiful thing would be to use cryengine3. Would that be possible? laugh

Ipsa scientia potestas est.
kache #424739 09/11/10 04:15 PM
old hand
old hand
The hotfix which allows you to play around with the cap and other settings is now online:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=424718#Post424718

Lar_q #424742 09/11/10 04:20 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Is there any special circumstances for the Steam version?

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
To be honest, the only time I've ever noticed the 30FPS limit was in the menus. In game it actually ran smoother and faster than the original ED because of the engine fixes.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I just tried running the hotfix. I have the steam version of the game and it won't let me install the hotfix for some reason. I get this message:

"The hotfix cannot be applied. Or the game was not installed, or the version does not match."

I downloaded it again, I made sure it was for the digital version of the game as well. Is there some other consideration to take into account because this is the steam version of the game? Do I have to wait for it to be put onto steam perhaps?

old hand
old hand
To release a hotfix on Steam, we have to go through Steam and that process will take a bit longer unfortunately.

D
stranger
stranger
D
It is likely that the only way to update the Steam version is when Larian give the patch to steam and then it will auto patch when it is released (so long as you have auto update feature on - which is the default).

EDIT: What he said - beat me to it laugh

Last edited by DiceDuP; 09/11/10 04:45 PM.
Lar_q #424762 09/11/10 04:45 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Do you have any idea how long it will be?

B
stranger
stranger
B
Shoot, I shot myself in the foot getting the steam version I guess. Well, I hope you can get it up there soon. Still a great game though, haha.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I was hoping for an in-game option to change the FPS cap, but to edit a config file is even more interesting (at least for me an Oblivion tweaker freak), i already know what my night will be today laugh Testing stuff like a maniac! will post back my findings.

old hand
old hand
This was the fastest way we could get it to you. To make it an in-game option would require us to verify all cases work, and that takes a bit more work. As said, it's use at your own risk.

Lar_q #424783 09/11/10 05:17 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lar_q
This was the fastest way we could get it to you. To make it an in-game option would require us to verify all cases work, and that takes a bit more work. As said, it's use at your own risk.

And that way is perfect at least for me, because it allows a lot of customization smile

wink wink wink

Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Exactly what I thought: incompatible with my version. And with many other versions for many other ppl.

Was it so hard to add it in "remastered" version of Div2? Really? 2 months passed since the initial german release.

Last edited by Kein; 09/11/10 06:06 PM.
Kein #424815 09/11/10 06:45 PM
old hand
old hand
-The hotfix has been sent to Steam and they are processing it.

-The german versions are still being tested as we're trying to bring them as much as possible up to date with the international releases with this hotfix but since there's more changes, it takes more work.

Lar_q #424884 09/11/10 10:45 PM
B
stranger
stranger
B
Awesome Lar_q. Great job getting that to steam so fast. You are the man!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard