Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#416616 24/07/10 03:01 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
hi i just bought divinity2 today and i installed it..however when i went to play the game i got a message saying i was attempting to use emulator software. i have no emulator software on my pc becuase i done a reboot 2 weeks ago and have downloaded nothing. Can anyone tell me how to fix this plz. I was realy looking forward to playing this game =(

Here is the exact error message if it helps "Attempt of using emulation software has been detected. Please, insert the licensed disc, deactivate emulation software and try again."

Last edited by SherLocK; 24/07/10 06:16 PM.
Support
Support

So you have not installed any programs since re-installing Windows? Some backup or media player software can install drive emulation programs, but if this is the first thing you've installed, that can't be the case here.
Some people have uninstalled emulation software, but had registry entries left behind which caused a problem with the copy protection. A clean re-install of Windows shouldn't have any traces of emulation programs, though.

Try contacting Securom. They have a utility to remove / update / reinstall their drivers, and if you have more than one optical drive I've seen the lowest drive letter one recommended for use, with comments that Securom can be picky about that.

You could also try emailing supportintl@dtp-entertainment.com or support@larian.com, though Larian is on vacation for the next week.

H
stranger
stranger
H
I have the same problem cant play the game because of the copy protection.

Can someone help me?

Support
Support

You are getting the same error quoted above?

Do you have any emulation software installed? (Daemon Tools, Virtual CloneDrive, MagicISO MagicDisc, Alcohol, etc)

Did you try contacting Securom?

Raze #424874 09/11/10 10:01 PM
H
stranger
stranger
H
Yes I have the same problem:

Attempt of using emulation software has been detected. Please, insert the licensed disc, deactivate emulation software and try again.
If the error recurs, press "Error report" and send the report to product technical support.

I had deamontools lite on my comp but after this I uninstalled and cleaned the registry.

But the problem remained.:(

And Yes I contacted their support team, but they need some diag file, but the diagnostic tool doesn't recognise the game's executable. So I cant send them any. frown I am still waiting for they reply though.

Support
Support

Someone else had a problem with a different game, where a dll was left over after uninstalling an emulation program (don't recall which one), but deleting that dll got rid of the Securom message.
Try making sure your Windows temp folder is empty, and the folder you installed Daemon Tools to is gone. Perhaps the following, or other topic in their forum, can help.

How to remove DAEMON Tools V4

Raze #424981 10/11/10 08:42 AM
H
stranger
stranger
H
Now I managed to evade the problem with a portable dvd driwe. It looks like it was the dvd drives fault. Its strange becasue other games does not have this issue at all. :S

But now I have a new tachnical problem.

When the authentication finished it shows me an error message:

Runtime Error

Program File\Divinity II-Eco Draconis\bin\Divinity2.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

So can u help me with this new issue?

Support
Support

Try running the game in administrator mode, and (in Vista/7) disable desktop composition in the compatibility options for the program/shortcut.

One person had that error when the date on their computer got set in the future; fixing the date/time eliminated the error. That may not be your problem, but other suggestions in the topic may help.

Upgraded to Windows 7 and now it will not run).

Did you try uninstalling the game, and (after rebooting, shutting down all non-essential programs and making sure the Divinity folder was gone or empty) re-installing from the portable optical drive?

Raze #425046 10/11/10 01:10 PM
H
stranger
stranger
H
yes I tried everything what mentioned.

But still it doesn't work.:S

The same runtime error al the time.

Support
Support

Did you email support@larian.com?

Raze #425191 10/11/10 09:03 PM
H
stranger
stranger
H

Yes I sent an e-mail to them right now, with this new problem.

Raze #425386 11/11/10 03:22 PM
H
stranger
stranger
H
I am still wainting for a reply from them.

Thanks for your help so far.:)

Raze #425668 12/11/10 05:11 PM
H
stranger
stranger
H
I had to reinstall the system, now securom has no problem with my other dvd drive.

After reinstalling windows I installed Divinity 2 and it worked finally. After that Panda Antivirus was installed and the same runtime error appeared. After uninstalling panda it worked again.

Looks like I have to find a new antivirus program if i want to play the game. smile

Thanks for your time and help btw. smile

Support
Support

Glad you got it working, and a belated welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #425736 12/11/10 09:28 PM
M
addict
addict
M
Can you simply just not deactivate it when playing ?

H
stranger
stranger
H
Nope I tried, doesn't work, while its installed.

stranger
stranger
Really, I run mine with an emulator and have never seen that error.

I use damon Tools lite version. (4.35.6.0091)

What I do is make an .iso of the DVD, then load it up and installed with the emulated DVD.
then play.
I am sorry that you have had problems with it.

Op sys is win7 64bit

Last edited by Pogue Mahon; 20/12/10 08:16 AM.

i7 Extreme 965 bloomfield 3.20GHz
Asus rampage Ii Extreme
12Gb of Corsair ram CM3X2G1600C8D
nvidia Geforce GTX 285 (soon to be upgraded)
win 7 64 bit

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard