Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
old hand
old hand
So there is yet no patch for the german DVD version of FOV. I don't see the "voice selection" problem adressed in the hotfix list (that extremely irritating bug that you are fixed to the one very annoying voice). Will that be fixed in the german patch then?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lar_q
My mistake - I forgot to add that:

Some digital distribution versions (such as Steam) have their own system for releasing patches, hotfixes etc... If you bought your game through one of these vendors, then you will not be able to install this hotfix. We are working on getting it distributed through those services.

We're sending it through to them now and hopefully it'll get released soon, but that's a process outside of our control.

I hope the game becomes availible on Impulse when the hotfix is put up there.

stranger
stranger
if steam was not so intrusive into every manufacturer's games and so dead set on date collection aka spyware hotfix's would be easier. however so would working closer with the programmers over at the idiot factory(Steam)/.

Greetings Traveller, care for a can of whoopass?
L
stranger
stranger
L
I got the download version from Amazon, is that covered by the digital distribution hotfix? Or do I have to wait for amazon?

thanks smile

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
How long does steam usually take to apply updates?

Support
Support

LiddaBit, if you have not tried to install the digital distribution patch yet, that may be the fastest way to check if it covers the Amazon version (it is pretty late in Belgium now, and not a lot of forum members have mentioned getting the Amazon download version).

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Soulmancer
How long does steam usually take to apply updates?

It shouldnt be taking that long at all. Fallout New Vegas applied a patch today and today was the release date of that same patch....and they put it out twice, within the span of a day.

Apparently, STEAM likes to do things on their own damn time depending on which would be better for business and since Fallout is a bigger IP than Ego Draconis - well, you get the picture.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Raze

LiddaBit, if you have not tried to install the digital distribution patch yet, that may be the fastest way to check if it covers the Amazon version (it is pretty late in Belgium now, and not a lot of forum members have mentioned getting the Amazon download version).

It worked! Thanks smile! Glad to know there was a checker. I was afraid of it installing without checking and possibly messing things up. Good thing Larian makes good patches laugh

Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
@Anthea: We've just uploaded the hotfix for the German version of DKS (DVD).

With regards to the DVD version of FOV, we reasoned you would be better served by us releasing a full patch which will also upgrade all of the data to the level of DKS (which also takes care of the voice problem). That patch is being created as we speak and then needs to go through testing. I realize it's been a long wait but you should have it soon. I expect it will be available early next week.

G
stranger
stranger
G

With regards to the DVD version of FOV, we reasoned you would be better served by us releasing a full patch which will also upgrade all of the data to the level of DKS (which also takes care of the voice problem). That patch is being created as we speak and then needs to go through testing. I realize it's been a long wait but you should have it soon. I expect it will be available early next week.

Is this a technical patch or already the patch to transform the German boxed products into DKS?

old hand
old hand

Thanks. But where? I currently can't find it, neither on the support page nor on the FoV page.

OK, so then I'll wait a bit longer. Probably I will have to replay everything then. I hope I manage to find all the quests again wink

ava Offline
Originally Posted by Anthea

Thanks. But where? I currently can't find it, neither on the support page nor on the FoV page.

You can find the patches on this page: http://www.larian.com/dragonknightsaga_support.php

See hotfixes/patches - DVD Versions - second line.

Last edited by ava; 11/11/10 01:13 PM.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Douglas Adams
E
stranger
stranger
E
I run the french version of the game on steam. I followed the instructions in order to apply the hotfix without the installer. But now each time i try to launch the game, Securom does not recognize my cd key. I guess the hotfix was considered by securom as a change in game files.

Does anybody can help ?

L
stranger
stranger
L
same issue that EldaRanger. Activation code doesn't work anymore. I can't launch the game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
As a note, I think someone mentioned the hotfix is on Steam, it just refuses to auto update.

apprentice
apprentice
I applied the steam hotfix (which i got from here) and it works flawlessly for me, running english version btw.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Obviously that was the new exe which caused the activation code issue, so i tried to patch by keeping the old exe with just the add of the two xml files. I've changed values in it but it didn't change anything at all. Still having this annoying 30 fps cap.

ava Offline
Originally Posted by EldaRanger
I run the french version of the game on steam. I followed the instructions in order to apply the hotfix without the installer. But now each time i try to launch the game, Securom does not recognize my cd key. I guess the hotfix was considered by securom as a change in game files.

Can you try using the English steam hotfix?

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Douglas Adams
E
stranger
stranger
E
It works ! The game runs incredibly smoother ! Thx dev wink

stranger
stranger
What if i cant save the settings i enter????
It just keeps on saying "access denied" when i try to change the fps setting on the Config.XML file. What am I doing wrong ?? XD

Who am I?
I am a Yellow Crystal Warrior, I Dedicate in order to Question, Universalizing Fearlessness, I seal the Output of Intelligence, With the Crystal tone of Cooperation, I am guided by the power of Elegance.

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission".
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard