Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
veteran
veteran
Thanks for the info and tips wink

Now I think I sell away all the Wild Dwellers items. It's a nice bow, but I've find already other very good bows smile .

Next time I play again I go later to the Temple of Doom so I have a stronger Summon Ghost, more HP and so on ... stupid I did not think about to summon my Ghost to help me healing ! silly ).

Or, I must wait until level 15 and put a point in Healing.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #444050 10/05/11 10:13 AM
addict
addict
You can't use Summon Ghost without enemies around, to my knowledge. I had a Summon Ghost jewelry item in ED and tried that, to no avail.

veteran
veteran
I that case it's 'worst the pity' such a chest on hot rocks contain a piece of an Armour Set frown

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Joram #444055 10/05/11 11:09 AM
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
You can switch from Nightmare to Casual and back just to get to the chest. No shame in that! wink

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
veteran
veteran
Playing nightmare I want NOT hotter deadlier rocks ...
... but I want Hotter enemies and hotter NPC's :hihi:

Now seriously, I didn't though set the difficulty lower make it soo much easier to reach that chest and survive, I didn't though it makes a hug difference ... smirk

Plus I, so far, never must lower the difficulty because of an fight/battle I can't win on nightmare after more than 3 times ... biggrin

But next times I try that chest again and hope for the best healing potions ...
(and set the difficulty on casual)

To be honest I like that Temple of Doom much, but I find it very sadly this Temple is a one way trip ... after the first part with poison going to the room with the Dragon Statue I CAN'T go back & come back (later) ...

Joram #444073 10/05/11 02:15 PM
veteran
veteran
A point into healing probably won't help you cross the hot rocks because you stop moving when casting the healing spell. You need to drink a potion as soon as you enter the lava area.

I just checked and Ghosts can be summoned and will heal you in areas with no enemies around. (And then I entered an area with enemies and died because the ghost didn't seem interested in healing me, but that's beside the point.)

veteran
veteran
That's good to know wink

Just a side note, offtopic :
How much skillpoints in Summon Ghost you had at that time? The more point, the better Ghost's healing art and he also heals more and faster.
I really like Summon Ghost ! He saved me yesterday once again from dead !
and it's a real healing potion saver! Sometimes (mostly by a boss) I must use only 1 healing potion (of L3 or more).

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Stabbey
A point into healing probably won't help you cross the hot rocks because you stop moving when casting the healing spell. You need to drink a potion as soon as you enter the lava area.

I just checked and Ghosts can be summoned and will heal you in areas with no enemies around. (And then I entered an area with enemies and died because the ghost didn't seem interested in healing me, but that's beside the point.)

The idea is to cast Healing BEFORE you move onto the rocks. Healing heals over time, just like potions (and I've had situations where potions alone didn't cut it for the lava).

veteran
veteran
That makes more sense, Lancet.

Joram, I had 10 points into Summon Ghost. When I was injured, it healed about 600 HP in 1 second, but I died because the ghost didn't heal me again. (An enemy did target it and it might have distracted the ghost, maybe.)

SanCo #447367 20/07/11 03:35 PM
stranger
stranger
Ok on the sword part you said i have to complete the grave robbers where is the last person i found the girl near barnabus i found Aruther Gremory and Jack Bolton ( R. I. P. )

sgtjforge@aol.com
Support
Support

This was answered in the new topic you started yesterday: The 4 explorers.

Alternately: Grave Robbers.

Raze #448562 18/08/11 04:44 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
Just curious, but do you guys think sets are the way to go? Are the progressive bonus sufficiently alluring to offset the fact that some pieces have not so great stat compared to the epic items you can get in the flying fortresses part of the game?

Support
Support

With my ranger I used the Mining Guild set from level 16 to 28 and the Orobas Bracers from 16 to 25 (these sets included in the Steam PC and North American Xbox versions), but other than that stuck to random equipment.
Once I could start using the Bow of Orobas all the other pieces of the Mining Guild set got replaced, as well, with loot I had been collecting (but until then was not good enough to break up the set).
There is a set I saw recommended for rangers early in the game, as well, but I never collected all the pieces in order to try it.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Sigwald
Just curious, but do you guys think sets are the way to go? Are the progressive bonus sufficiently alluring to offset the fact that some pieces have not so great stat compared to the epic items you can get in the flying fortresses part of the game?

I think so. Especially once you get the Tower, and can get rid of the crappy enchantments,
and replace them with good ones.

I like doing Blood Echelon -> Aleroth Archmage -> Dragon Wizard sets.

Specialization is for insects! - Robert A. Heinlein
veteran
veteran
I have, I think, sell away(the Necklage) 1 piece of my Aleroth Archmage Set, stupid me :hihi: ...
But even without this Neklage it's still a good one. Especially the Belt !! wink

I'm wearing now (L34) the compleet Ulthrings Set (Cuirass, Leggings, Gauntlets and Helmet).
I've also the compleet Scorpion Set in my possession.

I hope the Dragon Wizard Set can suit my tast ... this is a Set in Flames of Vengeance part, isn't it serutan question

Joram #448628 19/08/11 09:00 AM
old hand
old hand
Yea I finally collected scorpion and aleroth set but by the time i had the last pieces i also had ulthring set which blew them both away.

Joram #448657 19/08/11 05:48 PM
old hand
old hand
The Dragon Wizard is my favorite set I love it, & yes it's a FOV set

stranger
stranger
Sorry to butt in but I noticed that no one mentioned the famous Ulthring armour set locations. not much of a spoiler in my opinion.

Please note that to be able to loot the armour from the following you have to mindread each before you kill them.

Helmet:- Kill Kali in her flying fortress
Bracers:- Kill Xanlosch in Stone's flying fortress
Leggings:- Kill Raze in his flying fortress
Armour:- Kill Stone in his flying fortress

Locations in map below:
[img]http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...2756_1255657925_3026764_1221228780_n.jpg [/img]

now that you got them all, enjoy the strongest set in Ego Draconis ;P

Last edited by KnightofMalta; 05/11/11 10:49 AM.

\+/Don't even think about it...\+/
H
stranger
stranger
H
can someone tell me where the chest is for the aleroth archmage set hammer

Support
Support

It is inside Stone's flying fortress, in the Inner Passage which leads to Xanlosch and Isabelle. There is a short hallway with a chest at the end, with a statue of a demon, or something, in the main hallway pointed at the chest; opening the chest triggers a trap:
fireballs shot from the statue, which can be avoided if you open the chest standing close to either wall, rather than standing in front of the chest.

If you have not found the far end of the passage, you can look for the only anti-dragon shield in the fortress to find the near end, fly to that section of the fortress and drop down. There is a higher section of the platform you can land on to get ready for the encounter, so you are not dropping directly into a cutscene and fight (IIRC there are a couple regular opponents outside the fortified section where Xanlosch waits, though).

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard