Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#424070 07/11/10 05:38 PM
N
NagiSoi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Hi, so i am playing FOV and iam stuck with the last clue cant find the 5th clue, where is it? Is it the runes that shine on wall? If that so where can i fin all the plugs i found 5 but it seems it isnt enough or its bugged or somewhere something opened but nothing is shown, help would be nice.

P.s. stuck with lack clue for 2h's now and i have done all the quests(well not the pull the trigers for runes to shine because i cant find all of em).

NagiSoi #424091 07/11/10 07:14 PM
A
stranger
stranger
A
Hmm, I'm also running out of quests, and missing clue V (5). Can't figure out how to do "Mind over Matter" subquests (got 3 from mind reads). Also in the "House of Secrets" or whatnot I could not seem to proceed further than 2 rooms. Oh wells, more banging head to wall, at least game is not doing handholding too much =)

No idea what to do with the runes either, I've lit all 5 and discussed with the mage next to them.

Edit: Actually got clue 1 as well. Lots of mind reading needed wink

Edit 2: It's trivial to solve the entry puzzle with the Orbs when only one clue left, so possible to continue the game (it seems) anyway

Last edited by ankz; 07/11/10 07:53 PM. Reason: further insight
ankz #424105 07/11/10 08:07 PM
N
NagiSoi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Originally Posted by ankz
Hmm, I'm also running out of quests, and missing clue V (5). Can't figure out how to do "Mind over Matter" subquests (got 3 from mind reads). Also in the "House of Secrets" or whatnot I could not seem to proceed further than 2 rooms. Oh wells, more banging head to wall, at least game is not doing handholding too much =)

No idea what to do with the runes either, I've lit all 5 and discussed with the mage next to them.

Edit: Actually got clue 1 as well. Lots of mind reading needed wink

Edit 2: It's trivial to solve the entry puzzle with the Orbs when only one clue left, so possible to continue the game (it seems) anyway

If you cant find all the clues it seems you cant place all the orbs and open that tomb... Need help XD

NagiSoi #424150 07/11/10 11:34 PM
E
stranger
stranger
E
The 5th clue you get by talking to the Dragon Statue close to the 5 runes on the wall. The statue wants you to chose the correct combination of Cat, Totem and Maxos. If you talk to Valeri(?), he will tell you what the different runes on the wall stand for (Cat, Totem and Maxos).

The combination is Cat, Totem, Totem, Maxos, Cat.
Down there you get a clue relating to Maxos.

Last edited by Evixy; 07/11/10 11:49 PM. Reason: spoiler
Evixy #424256 08/11/10 11:21 AM
N
NagiSoi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Tnx.

Evixy #424566 09/11/10 03:30 AM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Evixy
The 5th clue you get by talking to the Dragon Statue close to the 5 runes on the wall. The statue wants you to chose the correct combination of Cat, Totem and Maxos. If you talk to Valeri(?), he will tell you what the different runes on the wall stand for (Cat, Totem and Maxos).

The combination is Cat, Totem, Totem, Maxos, Cat.
Down there you get a clue relating to Maxos.

Wheres all this exactly??

KorPhaeron #424902 09/11/10 11:36 PM
D
stranger
stranger
D
Hello there, i've found this forum and i didn't even know i had an account here , wow!
I'm with 4 orbs trying to open za door but i'm missing in quest list clue 1-2-3 laugh

clue 1
clue 2
clue 3
clue 4 - kill engineer for sword, you get to the vault trough there where u get a Headache helmet
clue 5 - (Maxhos shrine) like some1 said, talk to Dragon statue that you can find in town, right in front of Prancing Seahorse (Cat, Totem, Totem, Maxos, Cat.)

Someone complete 1-2-3 please ??? dang i really have to go town right now and make all quests :((

darkroses #425527 12/11/10 03:26 AM
old hand
old hand
I only neat the 5 clue...

I lit all the 5 runes near Valeri, but nothing happens and I can't find a dragon statue in front of the Prancing seahorse, or anywhere.

Is this a bug?

virumor #425528 12/11/10 03:51 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
its behind, not in front, in an alcove, its a pillar with a dragon bust on it, not an entire statue.

Nasuradin #425737 12/11/10 09:29 PM
N
stranger
stranger
N
Can anyone please tell me how I obtain the second clue?

Nihlus #425748 12/11/10 10:03 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I decided to abuse the spoiler function laugh

For those who cannot find the dragon statue:
You all know where Luxurious' Mansion is yes? its right across from the prancing seahorse. Now walk up the stairs to the door of his mansion, depending on if you killed him or not, it will or will not be locked. Now, without entering, face the door. Now turn around. Tada! the dragon statue is right in front of you.

How to obtain each clue:

Clue 1: Halliwell's Pendant
Use the anti-demon grip spell obtained in the prancing seahorse's forbidden archives on the door upstairs in the Circle of Trust inn.

How do I get into the forbidden archives?
[spoiler]Get the password from all 3 members-turned vegetables, open the doors to their rooms and pull the levers.

What if I'm too lazy to do that?
[spoiler]Talk to the book and enter the code 1 6 8
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Clue 2: Zombie Jake's Ring
Enter Madame Eve's establishment and solve the murder mystery.
Room 101
[spoiler]Mind read the pig to reveal a dagger under the bed, then take it to the armor merchant that sells pork and armor in the marketplace

Room 102
Pick up the flesh on the floor and ask Dr. West to identify it

Room 103
Figure out whats up with the other 2 clues by doing the above, tell the guards and they will let you in. Pick up the pixie dust and take it to Chanelle in Chez Chanelle, then use her anti-pixie dust potion in the room.

What do I do now?
Follow the blood trail to the wall where there is a button. Hit the button and look for a hatch next to the bed.
[/spoiler]

Clue 3: Gula's book
Pick up the quest to look for the two missing healers from the head healer in the healer house in the marketplace, opposite the Phoenix Inn. Go to the sewer tunnels in the crows nest to look for them.

How do I get past the big tree that is blocking the way to the Crow's Nest?
[spoiler]Pick up the book on the elven alphabet in the prancing seahorse forbidden archives, read the book, and talk to the tree again.

How do I get into Gula's house? its locked!
After fighting the crazy cook in the sewers and saving the healer, go up the hatch, deal with the person there, and you will obtain the key to Gula's house.

How do I help Gula?
Take the plate he gives you into Gula's Archaeological dig site, and place the plate on the pillar in the right room.

How do I get in? The door is locked!
[spoiler]There is a healer standing about in Lanilor Lane asking you to retrieve his special miraculous super duper healing potions, he gives you the key to the door.

I'm in but now both doors inside are locked!
[spoiler]Break all the vases inside and the key will be in one. Open the LEFT door first, to get the treasure chest, and a new key, to open the right door. Otherwise if you open the right door first you will never be able to open the left door.
[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

4th Clue: The Engineer's Sword
Enter the Forgotten Crypt in the Crow's Nest, and solve your way through the maze of traps. Be sure to mind read the troll every time he talks to you. At the end of it all, kill the Engineer.

I'm at the last trap and I can't figure out how to solve it without killing poor Abbott!
[spoiler]Well, if you mind read the troll every time he showed up, you should be able to tell him to recite the spell you heard the troll recite.
[/spoiler]

5th Clue: Maxos Bracelet
Run around the city and pull all the chains that light up the runes on the side wall, talk to the npc that appears after activating the first rune, and ask him to translate them, then talk to the dragon statue and give him the correct rune order.

I'm too lazy to do that, in what order do I give the runes to the dragon statue?
[spoiler]Kitten Totem Totem Maxos Kitten
[/spoiler]

Nasuradin #425750 12/11/10 10:08 PM
N
stranger
stranger
N
Never would've thought to mindread the pig, honestly laugh
Thanks a lot!

Nihlus #425943 13/11/10 10:12 AM
A
stranger
stranger
A
can someone please tell me where the 5th lever is? someone mentioned entering aleroth like arnie? when does that happen? am i missing a quest??

Araz #425954 13/11/10 10:48 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
5th lever of what? Do you mean the pull chains that activate the runes? You don't need to activate all of them for it to work, my first playthrough I activated the first 2 and the last one, then I just kept guessing at the 2 missing ones until I got it right, and ended up getting the 5th clue first

Nasuradin #426030 13/11/10 04:32 PM
A
stranger
stranger
A
yes i mean the chain that activates the rune... i thought i read you need them all eventually anyway but guess i was wrong if you've already played through once without them all. still would be nice to know where it is and if i'm missing a quest somewhere.

Araz #426131 13/11/10 10:50 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
well off the top of my head, there is one hidden in the bushes from where you pop into the city at the beginning of the game, 2 in town near the prancing seahorse and 2 in the crow's nest

Nasuradin #426157 14/11/10 12:40 AM
A
stranger
stranger
A
thanks - it's the one in the bushes i'm missing... now to remember where i entered...

Nasuradin #426158 14/11/10 12:51 AM
H
stranger
stranger
H
so.. when all this is done, i placed the Orbs by the right rune but nothin happend i also couldn't open the antedeluvian vault
do i need to do somethin else or?

Help on this 1, thx

Last edited by Hori; 14/11/10 01:01 AM.
Hori #426159 14/11/10 12:53 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
common mistake is placing mossrat on the life rune, read the clue again :o

Nasuradin #426286 14/11/10 12:31 PM
R
stranger
stranger
R
Anyway in clue 1. the upstair room in circle of trust in..they are two guards.what do to?

Thanks for help

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard