Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#426149 14/11/10 12:18 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
This was brought up back in the days of ED and were unfavored by a lot of PC users. I'd like to ask if they can be deleted or at least shut off in the PC version. It's one thing I've forgotten to mention since the weapon overbalance was a much larger issue. A game of this high quality shouldn't have this garbage in it.

I could care less about how many Xbox users like them. There is one reason why I don't and won't own one.

Thanks.

Achievement: You've unlocked complaining of achievements!

Last edited by LightningLockey; 14/11/10 12:19 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
enthusiast
enthusiast
As long as they are intresting and things that you have to really work for, they do not bother me (meaning ones that not everyone will get, like the one for killing bunnies).

So, the options to turn off the pop up, maybe. Removing them? No (some are intersting, just wish there were fewer for things like completing the tutorial).

M
addict
addict
M
Some have funny names, I want to keep them laugh

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
I don't see how a little pop up for doing something could interfere with your gameplay experience so much that it would want to you disable them completely.

I'm not much for achievements myself, but I ran through D2:ED and barely even noticed when they appeared.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by melianos
Some have funny names, I want to keep them laugh

yeah thay do Ego Raccoonis lol but yeah I don't like what achivments do to people a lot of 360 users go & buy a game just for the achivments & thats sad. Not all 360 users are achivment *BLEEP* but to remove them completley would indeed diprive you of one hell of a laugh when you see the names pop up on the screen come on how could you not laugh at "Your going to die Charlie" or The Bunny Bagger lol Damb that killer bunny.

old hand
old hand
If you don't like them ignore them.
Your not harming you...some PC users may like them.

M
addict
addict
M
Some PC users DO like them (at least I do).

Achieves for single player games can be fun and add extra life to a game. You can complete DSK on 360 without getting them all and if your fond of the game it gives you a chance to go see what you missed out on in the first place.

Achieves in general for multi-player games is the only time the fall flat on their face because of achievement whores and people teaming up which is like cheating other people.

If your a real gamer you just get on and play, but as I said above they can add extra value to a game in a good way when used right. I would of liked to of seen DSK have 99 achievements, so much to see and do it would of been fun collecting them all. devil

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I can see for the killer bunny to keep. But accessing the dragon tower? That is normal. I also hate when they pop up during cinematic scenes. If they were all only on rare stuff like the rabbit then I wouldn't mind them. As of now it's spam.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
I can see for the killer bunny to keep. But accessing the dragon tower? That is normal. I also hate when they pop up during cinematic scenes. If they were all only on rare stuff like the rabbit then I wouldn't mind them. As of now it's spam.

Now you are speaking sense. The ones that you have to get if you play through the game to the end need to go, and be replaced with something interesting.

You can always disable Xbox 360 notifications if you don't wish to see them which would stop pop-ups while playing.

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard