Print Thread
#426725 15/11/10 10:45 PM
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Hi,

About the Xbox 360 version: i loved the orginal version, and i feel most of the changes made in the new version are welcome, like the inventory for instance, much more easy to browse (that's a blessing!) or the smoothness of the animation.
But unfortunatly, the one thing i can't get used to is the new camera, way too close to the character in my opinion. Now i admit it's maybe because i'm used to playing Ego Draconis, but i really feel uncomfortable with the new camera point of vue... so is it thinkable to have a patch that would allow the players to choose the level of zoom of the camera in the near future?

Thanks!

Pat.

It could be you being used to the original Ego Draconis because for me I would not change the new camera for love nor money!!

You can see so much more detail now in everything you see and do. Close up enemy fight animations from items on a trading table to just looking around be it trees, rivers, door, tables, plants, creates, treause and the list goes on. For the better you are on top of the players view and can see and line your self up around corners much better. The camera follows really well and doesn't get so messed like it used too trying to keep you in play now and then like walking down a stair-case.

I put the original Divinity II back on and although everything looks small now I was used to the camera in seconds. You can always fall back, but as an XBOX gamer with the likes of GTAIV, Red Dead Redemption, Tomb Raider, Red Faction, Phantasy Star Universe, Just Cause, Star Wars Force Unleased, The Saboteur and even Gears of War to some degree they all share the same type of camera view as the new Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga - should I add Risen & Gothic 4 for good measure???

One of the best things about DKS is that you can now see the beauty of it all like never before.

If you having problems with things attacking from behind then thats a situational awareness problem and it's in your hands to keep up. The next step from this is first person shooter...

New camera rulez. smile

Put some more time in to it, I'm sure you come around soon enough.(I hope) wink

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
stranger
stranger
I don't mind the camera angle, but I think it would have been better if you could go into first person mode to shoot your bow. I think that would have made all the difference for archers.

old hand
old hand
The one change I did'nt like so much was the camra being locked in place closer to your charactor. I don't know about anyone else but one of the things I love to do is check out my gear on my charactor when I equip a full set. If it's a set I love (Like the Regular Noble Set) then I'll sit there for about 5 10 mins just looking at the detail on the armour. I could'nt do that as well this time as I could'nt get close enough to look at the boots, a zoom option would be nice in future games if everyone at Larian don't mind smile

I
Ico Offline
stranger
stranger
I
The one thing I was looking forward to the most was the changed camera. Playing the Ego Draconis demo I instantly thought it should be closer.
Now that Amazon eventually was kind enough to deliver DKS I have to say the cam is just perfect for me now.
Not only because it`s closer, but also because it now works like a standard shooter cam. the cam on Ego Draconis kinda couldn`t decide if it wants to resemble a shooter or an action adventure mostly controlled with one stick only.

DivineAvenger...strange, being able to see the equipment from a closer distance seems to be one of the big advantages of the new cam to me. smirk Oki, maybe it`s hard to see the boots now, but I think it`s possible through rotating the camera.

Anayway, OP asked to allow players to choose...and that`s always a good thing smile

old hand
old hand
yes I agree with it being closer you can get abetter look at the top part of the gear but I want to look at all of it. A zoom option would be nice for future games, just for us perfection type gamers that like to examine the details of everything lol. I don't know about anyone else but half of the fun in a freeroam RPG/Action Adventures for me is stoping & just taking a look at the world. The number of times on oblivion I just stoped on a hillside near the sea & just watched the sun setting was unreal. Or just watching the grass & trees swaying in the wind, I love observing every little detail in the games I play & I love Divinity just wish I could of got a better look at the boots lol

Last edited by Divine Avenger; 18/11/10 01:09 PM.
I
Ico Offline
stranger
stranger
I
Well, the boots issue still doesn`t really bother me, but I get your point wink

Oh, and I am totally with you about stoping and enjoying the scenery. Climbing that first tower (forgot the name) and looking down on everything from above was awesome. And I just can`t pass by a tree which has sunrays breaking through the leaves.

stranger
stranger
How about releasing the Xbox 360 version in the US so I can play it? Is the PAL version region free? Anyone know?

Last edited by ElektroDragon; 19/11/10 10:07 PM.
old hand
old hand
Unfortunateley it's not region free the ps3 is but the xbox is'nt

Just be careful from now on. WRC is the first PS3 title to be region locked.

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Personally I kind of prefer the old camera like TC.
Or at least you should be able to switch.

The reason is you can only dodge laterally (a big bummer for the console hack and slash player that I am).
So oftentimes if you want to evade a group of attackers, you actually have to jump backwards.
However this requires a lot of amplitude, and you often find yourself bouncing against an element of the level design you couldn't see because the camera was too close, ruining your evade attempt and making you vulnerable.

Last edited by masa2009; 21/11/10 02:36 AM.
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
It's an RPG. You shouldn't reasonably be able to see anything not in your character's line of sight. The only exception I would make is some compensation for not being able to actually turn your head or look over your shoulder. No reason you should be able to have a wide, top-down view of an entire battle.

That said, the close camera does make picking up some objects a royal pain when you can't maneuver the sweet spot quite where it needs to be, even though you can clearly see the object.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard