Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#426234 14/11/10 10:06 AM
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
I'll post all my findings here after a few hours of armor hunting. I'll keep everything as brief as possible as to not give everything away. Please feel free to add your findings to this post or PM me if you want more detailed instructions as to how to acquire a piece.

Broken Valley / Sentinel Island area

Defenders of Aleroth

Vampire Mace: Bellegar, when falling down after the third Vision from Sosostra.
Helmet: Bought from Locke at the Black Boar Inn.
Armor: Bought off the smith atop Lovis'tower.
Leggings: Red orb challenge (found by sanco, details in his post below)

Rivellon Guard:

Buy leg armor from Blacksmith in the Broken Valley village.
Loot chest armor from chest after defeating Arben.
Warhammer: Defeat the Demon at the summoning circle (South BV TP)

Wild Dweller:

Leggings: Third chest in the temple of doom during the fire trial.
Helmet: Lost cavern, next to the Chapel chrine tp. Key is on a chair close to a goblin tent.
Bow: Robin's storage, close to penelope's grave, under a large tree.
Armor: Chest after going to Sentinel Island.

Blood Echelon:

Leggings: 3 crystals around the temple, outer edges, Zixzax.
Bracers: Penelope's grave, reward
Sword: Lord Lovis'room, free chest.
Armor: chest after going to Sentinel Island.
Shield: Located in Naberius'storage.

Sentinel Island / Orobas Fjords area

Hunter:

Hunter Belt: Vacca's cave (sentinel island)
Hunter Helmet: Ship in the tree (req. dragon form) on Sentinel island.
Gauntlets: Corpse of Jack Bolton.
Bracelet: Gwynn's chest, mindread for password.
Bow: Bought off Nicolas, after dealing with the troll situation in the village.
Leggings: Dragon cliff castle chest, top of one of the towers.
Cuirass: Red Hammer clan cave, after finding a human to write down the goblin history.
Necklace: Gehsniz (bv fortress commander)

Scorpion:

Necklace: Mr. Shiny, chest on the beach by the ghost.
Leggings: From the trader in the camp around the ships.
Bracelet: Imp boss in Imp cave.
Sword: Grave robbers quest.
Helmet: Defeat the dragon terror patrol, then loot their corpses.
Cuirass: Buy from Artemas, Dragon cliff castle vendor.

Aleroth Archmage:

Bracer: In Laikan's old study in Sentinel Island. Key drops after defeating the spawned minions.
Belt: Mindread and kill Charlie, loot it from the small chest in his treehouse. (Yggdrasil).
Ring: Kill the Beholder Bhief in the red ore mines.
Leggings: 3 books riddle in the red ore mines.
Necklace: Barnabus'lair, chest from the middle tp room. (key is in the bottom tp room/area)
Earrings: chest in High Hall mines, get the key from the corpse hanging over the lava.
Helmet: Rayhun (bv fortress)
Chest: Bought off the archmage in Aleroth (found by Phoynix, details in his post.)

Will add the next Tier of setpieces after I progress further. This is my second run trough the campaign, so it may still take me a while to find all the remaining pieces.

- Merdarion

Last edited by Merdarion; 17/11/10 08:32 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I wrote a little guide for finding the 3 sets in Flames of Vengeance buried in another thread but it would fit better here I think :P

Dragon Wizard:

Dragon Wizard Cuirass: was given after mind reading the tree that likes to zap people

Dragon Wizard Bracers: are in a chest in the far corner of the room where you pick the "flower that does not exist", in the temple of nimir as mind reading the ghost reveals there is a button behind the first chest.

Dragon Wizard helmet: is found in Gula's Chest, after curing him of his unfortunate curse.

Dragon Wizard leggings: are found in the chest in Laeniel's Room in Hansel's house.

Dragon Wizard earrings: magically appeared in inventory after mindreading Ursula the witch, who thinks about enchanted earrings. (I let her go)

Shadow Archer:

Shadow Archer Cuirass: is found if you side with willy against the assassins, and kill them.

Shadow Archer bracelet: was found in the jewelery box in the room where Abbott was trapped in, inside the forgotten crypt.

Shadow Archer pants: were in a chest in a small treasure room in the temple of nimir

Shadow Archer gloves: were in a chest in the healer house, after mind reading the guy lying by the door in the bed.

Shadow Archer helm: is sitting in a chest in source square, more specifically right as you enter the courtyard where the Engineer is fought. The chest is sitting on a platform on the rightmost wall, just as you enter the courtyard. Running up the platform the Engineer is on and then platform jumping is required to reach the chest.

Viper:

Viper Cuirass: is given when mindreading the guy that rewards you for killing targets on the wanted poster, and asking about it.

Viper Belt: is looted off of General Luxurious

Viper Leggings: are found in a chest in the back of the locked room in the sewer tunnels in crow's nest. Mind reading the chef there reveals there are buttons next to the lower torches as you cross the bridge-path to his room.

Viper gloves:
are found in a chest in the secret room in the basement of the haunted playhouse, opened by the button next to the desk

Viper helm:
appears in a jewel box that materializes after arranging the paintings in the top room of the Phoenix Inn in the right order, 1st painting move up once, 2nd do not move, 3rd painting move up 3 times.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Updated with some more setpieces, currently trying hard to find more.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
The archmage chest peice is brought from the the Archmage.. you need to read his mind after closing down all the rifts in the ministary.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Awesome, thanks for adding it. I'll update the top post.

- Merdarion

stranger
stranger
It's good of you to take the time to do this, but some of the directions are really vague. You should add the location of them.

Bracers: Penelope's grave, reward <- Easy to miss, and even easier to miss the necklace needed. "South of West BV Shrine"

Gauntlets: Corpse of Jack Bolton.
Bracelet: Gwynn's chest, mindread for password.

Who are these guys, and where are they located?

Leggings: From the trader in the camp around the ships.

These are the only ones I miss myself, and what ships?! Sentinel Island?! Campion Harbour?

Necklace: Mr. Shiny, chest on the beach by the ghost.

Where is this guy located?

Rivellon Guard:

Buy chest armor from Blacksmith in the Broken Valley village.
Loot legs from chest after defeating Arben.

These, it's vice versa. Legs from Blacksmith, Derk. And chest from Lord Arben.

SanCo #426872 16/11/10 01:36 PM
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
I didn't add more than a few keywords due to the fact I didn't want the post to be one big bad spoiler tag, instead, I opted for keywords and posted people could PM me for more detailed instructions.

I'll answer your questions below and add some links (quests are involved), however, as a general warning, the following will contain spoilers and I won't filter them out individually.

Sentinel Island part:

Leggings: From the trader in the camp around the ships. --- This means the trader, namely Sam who's close to the shipwreck camp on Sentinel island. His exact location can be found here: http://guides.gamepressure.com/divinityiiegodraconis/guide.asp?ID=8166 (nr. 14)
Mr. Shiny is acquired by doing the Hermit's quest. It is a key (Mr. Shiny) which opens the chest on the same map. (S1)

Orobas Fjords part:

The corpse of Jack Bolton is located at the Orobas Fjords as is Gwynn : http://guides.gamepressure.com/divinityiiegodraconis/guide.asp?ID=8184 (nr. 11 and 15)

Thanks for pointing out the chest/legs bit, I missed that, I'll update the post right away. I haven't updated/confirmed Phyonix'find yet due to the fact I'm exploring every single bit of the maps in order to find more goodies and I didn't make a save game at that stage the first time I played trough it.

Hope this helped,

- Merdarion

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Merdarion
I didn't add more than a few keywords due to the fact I didn't want the post to be one big bad spoiler tag, instead, I opted for keywords and posted people could PM me for more detailed instructions.

Well, I understand however adding the name of the area I dont see how it would spoil. I can understand Jack Bolton as he's part of a quest if I remember right. But you could at least add Orobas Fjord or Sentinel Island so one doesn't go trying to look in vain as it will become inaccesible later, as in the Scorpion Legs. I don't think Gwynn would be spoiled by saying High Hall for example. And you have already specified caves for example.

As for PM for a more detailed location, it might seem like a good idea now, but sooner or later you will probably become inactive and it will be hard to get that information. So if you don't mind I'll create a more detailed version and post it here, with spoilertags ofc so one can get the exact information.

Also, Phoynix post is correct. Was one of the 2 pieces I missed and found it thanks to him, and I wish I could tell where I found the Defenders of Aleroth Legs as I have them, but don't remember. Alas I'm doing another playthrough atm so if I find them I'll post it here.

Last edited by SanCo; 16/11/10 03:33 PM.
SanCo #426991 16/11/10 07:44 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
Anyone know where they key is to open that box for the Shadow Archer bracelet?

apprentice
apprentice
Anyone can perhaps tell me how to jump towards the chest for the Dragon Wizard Bracers?? I've tried and tried and it's or too low or a wall blocks my jump. (The chest with the button behind it) If anyone can give me any pointers how to jump I would be happy. I'm now at the highest point where I picked up the flower and I tried to jump from there, but I just won't make it, also on the small ledge below it it's too far away.

Last edited by TSV-StriFe; 16/11/10 08:24 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I made this jump, though I don't recall exactly how. There was a ledge in between the chest with button and the chest with the item if I recall right.

If you seem to always over jump, I found it helpful to aim for the wall so it stopped me from going to far in a jump (try and hit the corner angle where the platform and its adjacent wall meet)

apprentice
apprentice
Nevermind I found it, by reading another post here on the forum, behind the first chest where the flower is, there's a button on the chest itself.

Though I found the Jewelry Box for the Shadow Archer Bracelets, but how to obtain the key for it?? Since my lockpicking is max. level I can't open it.

Last edited by TSV-StriFe; 16/11/10 09:32 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
mindread Abbott for jewelry box key location when you first meet him, not sure if its one of those "spawns only when mindreading" or if its always there.

Sitting in a torch in the room Abbott is trapped in

stranger
stranger
Defenders of Aleroth Leggings
can be found by completing the Giant Red Orb challenge outside Ba'al mine / West of Quarry Shrine pre-battle tower

P
stranger
stranger
P
where on sentinel island is the chest with the blood echelon armor?

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Blood Echelon Armor chest:

Armor: chest after going to Sentinel Island. --- When you go to Sentinel Island, you spawn inside the Maxos temple. There are two chests, one to your left, one to your right. The chest on your right contains the piece you are looking for.

On a sidenote, I can't edit the top post anymore, once all pieces have been found, I'll either create a new post, either hope someone with superpowers can edit the top post for me.

- Merdarion

enthusiast
enthusiast

On a sidenote, I can't edit the top post anymore, once all pieces have been found, I'll either create a new post, either hope someone with superpowers can edit the top post for me.

- Merdarion

Thats what happened to me which is one of the reasons why I tagged your post with mine :p

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Please could anyone be more specific about the Rivellon Guard warhammer,I seem to have missed it?

veteran
veteran
Blood Echelon Armor chest:

Armor: chest after going to Sentinel Island. --- When you go to Sentinel Island, you spawn inside the Maxos temple. There are two chests, one to your left, one to your right. The chest on your right contains the piece you are looking for.

I have to say that's inconvenient and a bit unfair, all the other sets can be completed while you're still in Broken Valley, and this set even restricts you to using a Sword + Shield to get the full effect of it.

Originally Posted by Lostsheep
Please could anyone be more specific about the Rivellon Guard warhammer,I seem to have missed it?

You need to kill the demon by the South Valley shrine, which means talking to Zix-Zax after talking to George Gremory and getting his quest.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Great stuff,Stabbey,thanks,this means I haven't missed it as I haven't done that yet.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard