Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
There are a lot of complicated formulas for alchemy and enchanting. But there is no ONE place to find out what the formula is called, what rank it is, and what it requires.

To know what a formula is called, you need to have either a formula in your inventory at that exact moment, or an example of the item. To know what rank the formula is, you need to be at an alchemist/enchanter making it right then and there. To know the most important part, what it actually requires, you need to either have the formula in your inventory, or you need to be at an alchemist/enchanter making it right then and there.

When buying a formula from a merchant, you might not even know if you have already learned it or not. (Do I know the formula for 202 hitpoints and mana for 5 seconds, or the one for 212? Or do I know the formula for 202 hitpoints, but not the one for both?)

The problem is especially big in Broken Valley, because that's the time when you have the least amount of formulas, no storage space, and no way to drop items without deleting them. I no longer pick up any of the plants or gems and ores if I can possibly avoid it, because I have no way to know if that item will be useful in a formula I want, and the only option to find out is to drop what I'm doing, possibly mid-dungeon, and run all the way back to check. And even then there might be another new item in the next barrel three feet away.

I want the option to go to the logbook, look up the formulas I know and see right then and there if I can use that item.

After you get your battle tower, there are still reasons for wanting to know the formula. When enchanting, you can't see what enchantments you have learned unless you have an item with free enchantment slots in your inventory right then and there. I've discovered that I often don't have an item of that type, other than what I have equipped, so I either need to go find one, or remove an enchantment from a piece of gear I'm using, just to check! Just to CHECK! That's not convenient.

The Logbook currently has 6 tabs in it: Open Quests, Closed Quests, Recent Conversations, Trophies, Achievements, Combat Log. There is plenty of space for many more tabs. Please add in 2 new tabs, one for alchemy formulas and one for Enchanting formulas that details what they're called, what rank they are, what they can be put on, what they do, and what ingredients they require.

veteran
veteran
Stabbey, you have a good point make here smile !

I make notes if I find a formula ... but WHY I must do this when it is possible all these kind of information CAN put in into a computerprogram like all games are programs, written by developers wink ...

For me it is just enough I can "see" a list with all the formula's my hero have already "learned". That will be great if the dev's made something in their next game !!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
This would be great.

Last edited by kaltorak; 16/11/10 03:04 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Stabbey
There are a lot of complicated formulas for alchemy and enchanting. But there is no ONE place to find out what the formula is called, what rank it is, and what it requires.

To know what a formula is called, you need to have either a formula in your inventory at that exact moment, or an example of the item. To know what rank the formula is, you need to be at an alchemist/enchanter making it right then and there. To know the most important part, what it actually requires, you need to either have the formula in your inventory, or you need to be at an alchemist/enchanter making it right then and there.

When buying a formula from a merchant, you might not even know if you have already learned it or not. (Do I know the formula for 202 hitpoints and mana for 5 seconds, or the one for 212? Or do I know the formula for 202 hitpoints, but not the one for both?)

The problem is especially big in Broken Valley, because that's the time when you have the least amount of formulas, no storage space, and no way to drop items without deleting them. I no longer pick up any of the plants or gems and ores if I can possibly avoid it, because I have no way to know if that item will be useful in a formula I want, and the only option to find out is to drop what I'm doing, possibly mid-dungeon, and run all the way back to check. And even then there might be another new item in the next barrel three feet away.

I want the option to go to the logbook, look up the formulas I know and see right then and there if I can use that item.

After you get your battle tower, there are still reasons for wanting to know the formula. When enchanting, you can't see what enchantments you have learned unless you have an item with free enchantment slots in your inventory right then and there. I've discovered that I often don't have an item of that type, other than what I have equipped, so I either need to go find one, or remove an enchantment from a piece of gear I'm using, just to check! Just to CHECK! That's not convenient.

The Logbook currently has 6 tabs in it: Open Quests, Closed Quests, Recent Conversations, Trophies, Achievements, Combat Log. There is plenty of space for many more tabs. Please add in 2 new tabs, one for alchemy formulas and one for Enchanting formulas that details what they're called, what rank they are, what they can be put on, what they do, and what ingredients they require.

I'll add a request for this,it's a very good idea,the present system is very awkward.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
This would be great. I kept a legal pad with a list of all the potions, armour, weapon and jewelry enchantments going as I went with what each needed. Very time consuming and not needed now that you basically buy only what you want. But what a pain it was! Only way I found to keep it all straight. Most other games do a better job in this area and I would love to see section tabs for this, too!

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard