Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
stranger
stranger
F
alright ima bite. as long as it has 3 person view then im in. but i serously hope to see a 100-to erm 2k hours worth of gameplay sumday. i love these kinds of RPG;s so i want super long and fun ones. life has me at home 24/7 for reason's i wont say so playing games is all i really have to do. (hope to see my dream come true sumday).

veteran
veteran
I don't think the next game will be in isometric view ... Lar_q means only the whole Larian Team will be follow the forum members' suggestions very closely !! (like they did with Divine Divinty)

@Unrael Warfare : good ideas have youabout the Xbox controller ! wink

Maybe, if it is possible, they can make it like this? :
give players the ability to CHANGE (some of) the controls by themself ! So that will be nice if every game on my Xbox I can change (some of) the controls so I can find my own style that suits me best !!

O, and about the length of the upcoming RPG?
If the DKS was meant to be 25 hours and now they say you can at least play for 40 to 60 hours?
I have the real confidence Larians next game will be at least even big and long as the DKS !

But for me this is NOT the most important thing of a RPG. IF a RPG has a strong Replayability factor and the game is very addicted, I like that sooo much!! (like DD has it to me :hihi: )
I love it to play one RPG more than once, at least ! A second and third and ... time it's great to play again and discover always new things !! (I also experienced this in DD many many times over and over again!)

So Larian, make a game with many many hidden things/secrets (loot, NPC's, chests, rooms, dungeons, etc etc biggrin ... I love it to read that each Quest will have at least 2 choices ! Great !

People, it's now the time to give all your suggestions in the correspondeting Suggestions-thread on this forum ! wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I like tactical RPGs to be overhead/isometric, but any full-on action RPG now should be full 3D, if you ask me. Which no one did... haha.

I would also vote for complete in-a-box product, rather than episodic or what-have-you, but I feel like I am on the losing side of that battle now-a-days.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Joram
People, it's now the time to give all your suggestions in the correspondeting Suggestions-thread on this forum ! wink

Where is it?

old hand
old hand
Our next project is called Secretive Secret!

For now. It's a working title. We're just trying it out. think

Tweeting @forktong
veteran
veteran
See Larian Studios
>> Forums
>> General
>> Suggestions

wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ForkTong

For now. It's a working title. We're just trying it out. think

Great, really sounds nice this working title wink

Maybe somebody of the Larian Team can make a seperate topic for this work-around ?

For example in the thread I mentioned above (answering the question for Unreal Warfare).

enthusiast
enthusiast
See Larian Studios
>> Forums
>> General
>> Suggestions

wink

Thanks. Threw in my suggestion for a shortcuts revamp in there. Here's hoping it gets noticed as some sort of revamp is definitely needed. Can never have too many shortcuts in games like this.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 17/11/10 01:21 PM.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by lynn

Since I am not a nice guy, I will not reveal a thing.

Ah, sorry, so there are also some bad guys or nice/bad girls at Larian. Its even better for us. Bad guys and nice/bad girls usually have verbosity as a virtue. grin

Originally Posted by Lar_q

It's an action RPG, it's in the Divinity universe, it's different yet not so different, the concepts behind it are pretty cool with a few things in there that we think are quite innovative.
It's being made by the same team that brought you DKS, and the designer brief is that every single quest in there has to be a real choice.

Thank you, Lar, for fine hints. It seems like an RPG smaller in scope but larger in replayability. More choices, even moral choices, that have bigger impact on the story or other quests (?). Divinity 2 meets Witcher, maybe? smile

Originally Posted by ForkTong

Good you dont call it "Secretive Secret of Secretive Secretary Girl".
It would sound like title from... ehm, different type of entertainment. wink

journeyman
journeyman
Secretive Secret eh? I see what you did there:)

Personally, I think the isometric view belongs to a bygone era. It was good for Baldur's Gate and Divine Divinity because full 3D graphics couldn't look as nice back then. But now... except for something like Diablo, where there is little story involved and it's all about dungeon crawling, I think isometric view feels too detached from the characters, less personal. But that's just me. And if it's a great game I might enjoy it just as much in isometric view, I don't know:)

Experience the Witch Hunter Chronicles at https://whchronicles.wordpress.com !
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Maybe they are working on releasing that open world part of D2 they didn't finally include in FoV. I just read about it in a post of Lar_q in another thread

veteran
veteran
WHY are you all "thinking" the next game will be possible in Isometric view ?? Have I miss something?

I said it before:
I'm sure the next game will be in 3 D, ... BUT this time the Larian Team wish to involved back more the ideas and feedback (suggestions) from us all, the forum members, like the Larian Team did when they're developing Divine Divinity.

If I'm NOT correct, say it to me wink !

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
WHY are you all "thinking" the next game will be possible in Isometric view ?? Have I miss something?

(...) and we're thinking of making it top-down again like the first game.

wink

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Macbeth

wink

Please don't make it isometric frown

veteran
veteran
Oops confused

So... I was confused, sorry .. with "Top-down" I was thinking he means "developing the next game from the beginning to the end following closely the suggestions of forum members like with DD ...

Why Lar_q not simply say: "Isometric view" ?

But okay ... I missunderstood about what he said ...
my apologies wink

Now, IF indeed Isometric view wil come again ... woow ... I like it! But ...

I just wonder what kind of gamers wish to play again such a playstyle like in DD ?

Last edited by Joram; 18/11/10 09:18 AM.

old hand
old hand
Oops confused
I just wonder what kind of gamers wish to play again such a playstyle like in DD ?

The same that will buy Diablo 3... wink

veteran
veteran
I take a look at Diabolo III .. hmm .. great ! Dark atmosphere, nice looking grapics !

If the next Larian game makes it also nice (of even better on it's own way!), I buy it !

But I wonder if then that game comes out also on a console ...
I think not, so I hope my PC can run that game wink

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Macbeth

wink

Where and when he said/mentioned that?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Page 1 of this thread.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I smell a diablo3 kind of game there from the hints so far.

Great if done properly, but its a big risk to always be known as "another diablo clone".

wink

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard