Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
-Elena- Offline OP
OP Offline
Let me start to say that the DKS was an awesome experience. From all games that I played from start to end (over 200 I guess) this game is my number 1.

FoV is one of the best add-ons I played so far. It really adds something to the game, and is not just there to make more profit. The part that was missing in ED has been put in FoV.

Still, some things are not clear for me yet (perhaps to keep us curious for D3?)

Rhode; Is she dead? Because I really missed dialogues with here in FoV. It would've been fun to hear her say: O I'm sorry I said your the enemy blah blah.

At the end of ED, you 'kill' Zandalor and the Divine. But Zandalor stays alive, while the Divine is trapped in ice. Why is that?

About the white cat you see in the end cut-scene, is he Maxos? In DD he was a friend of Zandalor, but now he's only mentioned in the very last part of the game.

That's it for now, feel free to post your thoughts wink

old hand
old hand
Glad to hear you enjoyed it Elena.

To answer your questions:

I think Rhode is a statue for the time being so it'd be hard for her to talk.

The events at the ending of ED happened in the hall of echoes which is a very strange place, but I'll leave it up to Jan (our writer) to explain that wink

The cat is known as Arhu and he just came back from urgent business wink

If those answers are not really answering your questions, it's on purpose as we have a tendency to change our storylines multiple times as we develop, so anything I'd say here would be obsolete by the time we release our next thing.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Lar_q,the expansion is good but ehhh..........the city is almost 80% only walking back and forth to people for quests. and that gets boring afther a while.

btw: you save the divine Elena,in the end cutscene you see him next to Zandalor. and your flying in the air as a dragon.
(but i didnt notice a white cat.)
and yea,i want to know what happens to Rhode >_> (she may be acting as an enemy towards you,but she doesnt deserve a life as statue.) but yea,i hope this will be explained in D3.
(besides,damian isnt death either. so yea as a dragon knight you pretty much fail. i mean you resurrect Yzerna and that other guy in FoV,you kill both of them again,only the world turned into a dark world. and Damian still lives afther the nuke on his fortress.)

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Lar_q
The events at the ending of ED happened in the hall of echoes which is a very strange place, but I'll leave it up to Jan (our writer) to explain that wink

Will do! smile

What's up with Rhode is FoV territory, so I'm still going to use spoiler tags for that one.

Rhode has been petrified by Bellegar, as you know, but that does not mean she is dead of course. I like Rhode very much and I think she's a great character, but - as Lar said - it's impossible to say whether she'll be back. The good thing is, she easily could. One just needs to find the right spell (or convince Bellegar he's been naughty). wink

And actually, there are people new to Divinity II here as well, so once more spoiler tags for your second question.

About the end of Ego Draconis: the story is quite complicated, though the intent is actually rather simple. This is what happened. You travel to the Hall of Echoes, i.e. the land of the dead; the afterworld. In this afterworld you have to find the soul of Ygerna and bring it back to life. You do this by going into her memory and in that memory stopping her execution. By changing the past in her memory, her execution and thus death becomes undone. To do this you fight Zandalor and the Divine, but they are of course not the 'real' Zandalor and Divine, but merely Ygerna's memory of them. To put it really simply: you kill them in a dream, not in reality. All the while the Divine is locked in his crystal and Zandalor is still back in Aleroth having a beer with Deodatus.

There it is. Couldn't be clearer! rpg006

And about Arhu kitty I just hope someday he'll be back and play a much more active part just like he did in div

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
E
journeyman
journeyman
E
Yeah, the white cat is from the first game, Divine Divinity. I actually did a double take when I saw him as he surprised me.

old hand
old hand
I agree about Rhode... I was looking forward to a confrontation with her throughout the game... I was a bit disappointed to see her petrified.

I've some questions as well:

- Ursula and her diary speak of a land far-away from Rivellon... will this land perhaps be visited in future Larian games?

- Carmina apparently bore Laiken a child... mayhap a future villain?

-Elena- Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the responds wink

All the time I thought that you were the Dragon Knight that killed the Divine... in the memory then.

But there was another knight that killed him? I wonder who that was then wink

And I'd love to see Rhode & Arhu again. Arhu was so cute in DD.

One comment about the game itself though, I thought that the amount of skillpoints you got from quests was huge. In ED you really need to think and put a strategy around the amount of points you invest in different skills, but in FoV I got so many of them that I had to search which skills I hadn't upgrade to full yet.
Perhaps I'm the only one who thinks that there were too many, but maybe you could 'fix' it in a patch or something.

The final battle against Ygerna was way too easy on normal diffeculty, mostly because of the amount of skillpoints I guess.

Still, I'm looking forward to D3 wink Keep up the good work!

old hand
old hand
I just used the stupid amount of skill points on the things like lockpick & mindread coz mindreading was so damb expencive on FOV. Plus the extra skill points let me try out skill's I never used b4 because I did'nt want to risk them & mess up my method of play but thay allowed me to experiment a little more so I hope thay stay.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by virumor
I agree about Rhode... I was looking forward to a confrontation with her throughout the game... I was a bit disappointed to see her petrified.

I've some questions as well:

- Ursula and her diary speak of a land far-away from Rivellon... will this land perhaps be visited in future Larian games?

- Carmina apparently bore Laiken a child... mayhap a future villain?

Yeah tell me about it & after her rest assured disiple we shall meet again speech

I was hoping for a awsome confrontation or a reconciliation of some sort

as for the land far away it might be nice to have that added in the next game or as some new dlc for this one

& Laikan having a kid that might be an interesting turn of events if thay added him as a new villan

Last edited by Divine Avenger; 15/11/10 03:24 PM.
stranger
stranger
Oh I found the skill points to be a lot when I played then with my character from Divinity2 but when I started just from the FOV expansion with a new character I found I needed all the skill points and was looking forward to getting them!

Oh and was there a game before Divinity2 with the white kitty in it? Was it released for pc? I havent played that.

Oh and if Macbeth or Lar G or any other staff there at Larian are reading this still then is it possible there will be a romance for us softies some time in the future in the storylines.

Oh and great job on the humour and jokes too by the way, oh and I think I heard some Aussi and Irish accents in some of the characters which was pretty cool!

laugh

Have been waiting for so long for this expansion to be released and am so delighted to have it at last! Am enjoying it immensely!!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by LadyGamer

Oh and was there a game before Divinity2 with the white kitty in it? Was it released for pc? I havent played that.

I believe that's Arhu, Zandalor's cat from Divine Divinity. wink

Last edited by virumor; 16/11/10 10:42 PM.
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by virumor
I believe that's Arhu, Zandalor's cat from Divine Divinity. wink

Indeed! kitty

I am in blood
stranger
stranger
Ahh ty, I will check it out!! laugh

old hand
old hand
Oh and if Macbeth or Lar G or any other staff there at Larian are reading this still then is it possible there will be a romance for us softies some time in the future in the storylines.

Yeah that would be nice, Are Dragon Knight is still young after all

-Elena- Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Divine Avenger

Yeah that would be nice, Are Dragon Knight is still young after all

In Divine Divinity there actually was a possibility to hook up with an elf. So yes it would be fun to have something like that in Divinity 3 smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by -Elena-
In Divine Divinity there actually was a possibility to hook up with an elf. So yes it would be fun to have something like that in Divinity 3 smile

And apparently that was considered canon, because if you mind-read Deodatus in Aleroth after closing the rifts, you can buy the necklace the Divine gave her. I actually hated that quest though, the writing made me cringe, even if it was intended as parody.

This game didn't even have any different dialogue to take into account the player's gender, so I'd work on that before worrying about putting in a romance. I don't think that this is the right style of game for a romance to be done effectively.

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by Stabbey
And apparently that was considered canon, because if you mind-read Deodatus in Aleroth after closing the rifts, you can buy the necklace the Divine gave her.

Quite so.

Also, in the FoV intro, as you see Behrlihn fly towards you and the Divine, the Divine is telling the player about his brief romane with this elven girl. Alas it is really hard to hear over the music. smile

I am in blood
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by -Elena-

And apparently that was considered canon, because if you mind-read Deodatus in Aleroth after closing the rifts, you can buy the necklace the Divine gave her. I actually hated that quest though, the writing made me cringe, even if it was intended as parody.

This game didn't even have any different dialogue to take into account the player's gender, so I'd work on that before worrying about putting in a romance. I don't think that this is the right style of game for a romance to be done effectively.

well I think that a romance could work if done in the right way, after all the motivations behind Damians actions is the Love of his life.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Macbeth

Also, in the FoV intro, as you see Behrlihn fly towards you and the Divine, the Divine is telling the player about his brief romane with this elven girl. Alas it is really hard to hear over the music. smile

In the original Divine Divinity, it didn't seem like a romance, it seemed like the Divine was just trying to get in the elven girl's pants. He didn't bother going out and looking for the amulet, he had a dwarf make a copy, then he lied about it, saying it was a long and tireless search. How sweet. </sarcasm>

Personally, I think Penumbra the assassin would have been a much more atypical choice (and therefore more interesting) for the Divine. (I do have to wonder who Antumbra's grandfather was, though...)

I do agree that Damian's motivations are well-done, but that's because we aren't influencing the words he's saying. Romances don't mix well with choose-your-own-dialogue, especially if the player doesn't want the romance in question.

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
In the original Divine Divinity, it didn't seem like a romance, it seemed like the Divine was just trying to get in the elven girl's pants. He didn't bother going out and looking for the amulet, he had a dwarf make a copy, then he lied about it, saying it was a long and tireless search. How sweet. </sarcasm>

grin

He kind of admits that though. Here's the text he says. Maybe you can hear some of it if you listen really closely.

"And that's when I met this stunning elven girl, Eleanalessa. O, I remember it well! Yes, she was very high maintenance - had to end a war between her people and the dwarves just to be able to steal a kiss - but she was more than worth it! Of course I had the Demon of Lies to slay, so I was forced to cut my stay short. Zandalor can be quite insistent, but I don't need to tell you that! Not every day you ... Wait! ... Did you hear? Who approaches?"

I am in blood
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard