Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I am doing the quest "Something rotten" and cannot get into the top room in the Phoenix inn. I have mindread the tavern owner - but did that a while back and cannot remember what he said. Alas - I cannot find any way to open the room.

EDIT:
This quest is broken for me. The key for the top room of the Phoenix inn is nowhere to be found. The barkeep Ricky has been mindread but the only key to be found near the broken bridge is a key that leads to a backroom with an item for the "Critics" quest for the chef of the Phoenix inn.

I don't know if some decisions I made has broken the quest but these are the things I can think of that may have influenced the "Something is rotten" quest.

- I did not give back the barkeep's mother's amulet - instead I gave it to the necromancer
- I mindread both the barkeep Ricky and the Beggar outside before picking up or searching for any keys
- I ate some enchanted vegetables

Last edited by arkhanari; 17/11/10 08:37 AM.
veteran
veteran
It's in Lanilor Lane. Look on the ground near where the bridge passes overhead.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Stabbey
It's in Lanilor Lane. Look on the ground near where the bridge passes overhead.

Thank you. That got me the cheese for the chef - but how the heck does that get me into the top room? smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Look again, I guess. Mindreading the begger makes the key on the planter show up, not the tavern owner

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Nasuradin
Look again, I guess. Mindreading the begger makes the key on the planter show up, not the tavern owner

The only key I've found beneath the bridge leads me into a room where I find the cheese for the chef. I guess I'll look again.

A
stranger
stranger
A
If I do recall correctly, there is more than a room up there. One leads you to the skeleton enchanter whose name fails me now, and the other room leads you to the place you're looking for. The key should open both doors.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by arkhanari
Originally Posted by Nasuradin

The only key I've found beneath the bridge leads me into a room where I find the cheese for the chef. I guess I'll look again.

It's on the other side of the street from there. It's not exactly under the bridge, it's a few feet towards the playhouse on that side of the street.

stranger
stranger
None of this helped me with getting into the top room in the phoenix inn. the only key I found in Lanilor lane was the one on the planter, that gets you into the "back room" where you get cheese. I have searched all over lanilor lane and only found that one key. I have the skeleton enchanter door open, the key does NOT open both doors. this is the only quest I have left besides the 5th clue, I wish I could find the stupid key, haha. i really hope my game isn't just glitched... I don't want to start over.

did you mindread the barkeep?

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Originally Posted by spiders213
None of this helped me with getting into the top room in the phoenix inn. the only key I found in Lanilor lane was the one on the planter, that gets you into the "back room" where you get cheese. I have searched all over lanilor lane and only found that one key. I have the skeleton enchanter door open, the key does NOT open both doors. this is the only quest I have left besides the 5th clue, I wish I could find the stupid key, haha. i really hope my game isn't just glitched... I don't want to start over.

This is exactly what I am experiencing. There is a key, not under the bridge, but near it in a plant. This key leads to a backdoor entrance just nearby the key to a room where you get the special cheese for the chef of the Phoenix inn (for the critics quest). I have not found any key at all that gives me access to the top room of the Phoenix inn (the locked room). I have mindread the barkeep.

Is this a glitch somehow? I did eat that talking carrot a way back smile

EDIT: To clarify.

The key in Lanilor Lane, near the bridge, in the planter, does not open the top room in the Phoenix inn. It opens a backdoor where it is found. In this room you find the special cheese for the Phoenix inn chef for the quest with the food critic.

Last edited by arkhanari; 16/11/10 11:27 AM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Virc
did you mindread the barkeep?
I did, still nothing.

stranger
stranger
Oh well I'm just going to move forward, next play through I'll try to do this one again.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yerp :[ If you mindread the beggar he thinks about knowing where Gula's maid keeps the key so he can steal food, and the one in the plant spawns. If you mindread the Phoenix Inn's tavern keeper, he thinks about how mad Halliwell will be when he finds out that the tavern keeper lost the key to the upstairs room somewhere under the bridge, which spawns a key on the steps on the other side of the street from the plant key, standing far enough away from the arches the bridge spans so it fits on the entire screen, you can see both keys sitting there if you've made both spawn

...but if you have mindread the tavern keeper/barkeep and the key didn't spawn.. I have no idea why not D:!

it should be at the broken tower on the stairs in lanilor lane

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Virc
it should be at the broken tower on the stairs in lanilor lane

I think that we can safely report this quest as bugged by now. The key is nowhere to be found. Too bad.

I
stranger
stranger
I
The key position should be in the lower right corner in this image
[Linked Image]
The planter can be seen near the minimap in the upper left

Last edited by IQ4Beer; 17/11/10 01:34 PM.
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Originally Posted by IQ4Beer
The key position should be in the lower right corner in this image
[Linked Image]
The planter can be seen near the minimap in the upper left

Yup. It is not there. smile

EDIT: Is there any way to spawn that key somehow via a console or something?

Last edited by arkhanari; 17/11/10 01:58 PM.
No console. But send your savegame to support@larian.com and reference this thread and we should be able to help you out.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Greever
No console. But send your savegame to support@larian.com and reference this thread and we should be able to help you out.

Where are the save games located? I'm on Win7 x64.

I have, by the way, moved on with the quests.

Should be in C:\Users\%yourusername%\AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard