Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I mean books, dialogues, notes and all other stuff.

I honestly skipped 90% of all, because voice-overs are awful and storyline is boring as hell and full of cliches. I followed the storyline of Dragon Age and all it's DLCs tho, since it was much better written and voiced.

So what about the rest of you?

old hand
old hand
I read every book I find speak to everyone I can & I love the story & the gameplay.

I don't understand why you'd bother to join the forums if you did'nt like the game unless your a closet addict in which case your forgiven lol

apprentice
apprentice
I Read everything(and translate)
I Mindread everything
I Listen Everything
I Talk to Everyone

And the Storyline is very very good maked.
Voices are very good also

Buy a better Pc with a Better Sound Card.And stop complaining please

M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by Amnariel
I Read everything(and translate)
I Mindread everything
I Listen Everything
I Talk to Everyone

And the Storyline is very very good maked.
Voices are very good also

Same here. And I enjoyed every second.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
The only thing I don't do is read the books. There's way too many. I open them to make sure they don't do anything, and skim it, but I don't read the entire thing.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I just read a few books. The story though is great, and the game better than DAO.

I read as much as I can and sometimes build up a collection of books and take time out to read, later sell the ones I don't on.

The voice acting in Divinity (English) is some of the best ever and sets the tone and atmos perfectly.

It's hard to believe that almost all RPG's your find someone moaning about the voice acting. As an English man Divinity II is amazing!!!

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Dungeon Master
It's hard to believe that almost all RPG's your find someone moaning about the voice acting. As an English man Divinity II is amazing!!!

That's because

1, some people are just 2 hard to please

2, somepeople just like to complain even if their complaint is groundless

every game has it's flaws & you'll never have a game that does'nt have flaws in the voice acting in one way or another. DKS though is one of the better high quality voice acting games & if you can't recognise that then there really is no hope of pleasing you.

veteran
veteran
Divine Avenger ... wise words ... open minded, I like that .

I can really be pleased playing the DKS (of cource one of my favorite games), but also playing other RPG's like Risen, Two Worlds II, Oblivion, Arcania, a puzzle game or adventure game, etc ... and be pleased too !

I have of course my meaning about all this RPG's, all with their own flaws !!
For example Oblivion: nice big world, but the "gameplay" do not hold mine attention for long !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Divine Avenger
I don't understand why you'd bother to join the forums if you did'nt like the game unless your a closet addict in which case your forgiven lol

Who said I didn't like? I just turned it into FPS/RPG hehe

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Amnariel
Buy a better Pc with a Better Sound Card.And stop complaining please

I have 5.1 sound coming via optical fiber into receiver and a 100 Watt subwoffer.
What can be better? hehe

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Dungeon Master

Well, I find Dragon Age voice acting much, much better. And yes, I'm talking about English of course.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Joram
For example Oblivion: nice big world, but the "gameplay" do not hold mine attention for long !

Sure, everyone has flaws. This is not the point.

The point is that Divinity storyline didn't catch me at all - too much cliches and it's not interesting. I think it's in general hard to find a new and interesting storyline in fantasy genre.

apprentice
apprentice

I can really be pleased playing the DKS (of cource one of my favorite games), but also playing other RPG's like Risen, Two Worlds II, Oblivion, Arcania, a puzzle game or adventure game, etc ... and be pleased too !

Risen is another amazing RPG. Living in Canada, i'm really glad I can have access to quality RPGs from oversee.

I simply can't find games that hook me to my screen as EURPGs as I like to call them.

Gaming machine : Win7 Pro 64-bit | Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6950 @ 1536SPs | X-Fi Titanium HD | 6gb DDR2-800 | LG 23" LCD 1080p
E
journeyman
journeyman
E
Didn't read any of the books, really.

Read some of the notes.

First time through listened to all the dialog. (because that's what I do in voiced RPGs: I listen to the voice acting. Shocking, isn't it?)

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Rhezuss

Risen is another amazing RPG. Living in Canada, i'm really glad I can have access to quality RPGs from oversee.

I simply can't find games that hook me to my screen as EURPGs as I like to call them.

Risen I think was indeed a good game but a lot of people did'nt give it a chance, it's just one of thouse games that takes awhile b4 the story picks up some pace. I think that is what turned a lot of people away from it it's certainley not a game forinpatiant people.

But if you want an eg of a game with bad voice acting "TWO WORLDS"
the main charactor always sounded the same even when he should be getting pi**ed off he sounded like a bloody android

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Risen I think was indeed a good game but a lot of people did'nt give it a chance, it's just one of thouse games that takes awhile b4 the story picks up some pace. I think that is what turned a lot of people away from it it's certainley not a game forinpatiant people.

For me DKS was such game. At first I was like "Barf! It sucks like hell, but I'm bored and have to play! Puke!", but later I found it pretty nice in some ways.

But if you want an eg of a game with bad voice acting "TWO WORLDS" the main charactor always sounded the same even when he should be getting pi**ed off he sounded like a bloody android

I tried TW2 - uninstalled it in like 15 mins. This is a troll's vomit indeed, especially when you've just finished DKS.

Last edited by Monkeyman; 18/11/10 07:28 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Monkeyman
I mean books, dialogues, notes and all other stuff.

I honestly skipped 90% of all, because voice-overs are awful and storyline is boring as hell and full of cliches. I followed the storyline of Dragon Age and all it's DLCs tho, since it was much better written and voiced.

So what about the rest of you?

I find voices well done and storyline is quite engaging and interesting but to each its own potato, so this is not your potato type I guess. I loved Origins and Awakening but DKS is a really nice and fresh bread for my salad.. if you know what I mean.

veteran
veteran
I'm a patient RPG player, so I like RPG's that don't hold your hand ! RPG's where I must use my brains ... And I read ALL books/notes, etc in each RPG ... but honestly, I love reading! smile

And patiently search/explore the world from A to Z to find secrets and hidden loot etc ! Love that !
Yet in all the Divnity games and Risen exploring the world from A to Z rewarded the player's patient. I think Oblivion too, but can't still say it for sure.
I never played DAO, so I can't compare that game with other RPG's.

Maybe the voice acting in TW II is less interesting then in the DKS and so on, but I'm sure TW II has also great things to have fun with ! smile

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Polantaris
The only thing I don't do is read the books. There's way too many. I open them to make sure they don't do anything, and skim it, but I don't read the entire thing.

I read some of the books, but basically this was me as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard