Next Thread
Print Thread
#427752 19/11/10 03:56 AM
P
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
P
Seriously, this is starting to REALLY get on my nerves.

The Arrow skills are extremely overpowered for them all being Homing Attacks.

You see a room full of monsters.
At least 3 are archers.
1 Shoots Poison Arrow at you. Now you're poisoned.
1 Shoots an Exploding Arrow at you. Now you've taken at least 200-250 damage AND you're knocked over.
1 Shoots a Stun Arrow. Now you're a sitting goose for the other guys to get on top of you and mash on you until you're dead.

It's really started to get on my nerves. A room in the Mine in Broken Valley (Post Battle Tower), at least 8 guys. 4 Demons, 2 Melee, and 2 Healers. Easy as hell. Wasn't even a challenge.
Next room, 4 Archers, 2 Demons, 1 Melee, and 1 Healer. I get slaughtered. It's not because I can't do damage, it's not because I can't take damage. It's because no matter what I do, I'm always hit by Poison/Exploding/Stun arrows and I get slaughtered because I can't do ANYTHING. The second the Stun ends, I get hit with another one, and MAYBE I got a Potion off in time to be able to survive until the next Stun arrow hits me again.

Is there really anything I can do about this? Maybe be able to turn off how Arrows Home on you? It's so dumb!
This has been the only major detterant for me in this game so far, every time I have some fun, I run into some stupid archer group that has stun arrows that just drives me insane.

Last edited by Polantaris; 19/11/10 03:58 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
The Ranger skills seem to be more oriented for support against one enemy rather than helping one person take on a group; thus making them more for the game than the player.

P
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
P
Yes but meanwhile they wouldn't nearly be so broken if they didn't home in. I rarely get hit by ranged attacks EXCEPT when they are skills because the only thing you can stop them with is physical objects. You can dodge all you want but they WILL hit you, which is honestly the worst thing I've ever seen. Games with Homing abilities always drive players insane after enough time, unless they are specifically meant to be homing (Like that Magic Missile attack, and yet, that's easily dodge-able).

enthusiast
enthusiast
Just think what would happen if the game used Magic Blast and full level + full level Destruction.

P
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
P
At least enough Intelligence and Magic Defense can stop that, but you can't stop continual Stun to the point where you get no movement at all and just have to watch things wail on you to death.

apprentice
apprentice
Actually u can smile And that's called:

Strong Body: Its reduces the damage from skills like
Bleeding Cut, Fireball, Firewall,
Poison Arrows and Polymorph.

Indominable Will: It governs your resistance to Curse, Fear, Polymorph,
Surprise Attack and Stunning Arrows.

These helps against your damage and the chance u get hit with Stun or any other targeted skills smile Though keep in mind, that 75% is the max. u can get.

So 75 Points:

Strength: It not only governs the damage you cause in melee, but also
your HP regeneration and your Resistance to melee attacks.
It further increases the 'Strong Body'.

Dexterity It governs your Ranged Damaged and your Enhanced Reflexes.
It also increases the Ranged Resistance.

Intelligence: It governs the Magic damage you cause with your attack.
Your MP regeneration and your Indominable Will and
your Magic Resistance.

and this is without the equipment bonuses smile

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
A pet with a perfect goblin head does wonders ... he will take out 3-4 of them sometimes with his level 10 fireball. It's not a bad idea at all to have a pet that complements your fighting ... if you are a warrior, pet should be a ranger or mage; if you are a ranger or mage, pet should be a tank.

old hand
old hand
1st of all I had no idea what kinda build your character is base on. But as usual, when you saw/approach a group of mobs, never charge in blindly.

If you are playing a ranger, it shouldnt be a problem for you to eliminate those archers 1 by 1 1st with ranger stealth and stun arrows, without pulling the whole group to you.

As for the homing arrow part, it is already better now in DKS, as only skill type attack like poison arrow and stun arrow had homing capability, where as in the ori ego draconis, all range arrow attacks is homing based. And from what I observe, the only way to evade those homing arrows is to hide behind obstacles such as rocks or crates. Archers will always use their skill once they spotted you and all you can do is immediately get behind something to evade those homing attack, and kill them before their homing skill cd. The best solution still pulling them out 1 by 1 to eliminate.

stranger
stranger
Just think of it as a challenge - the game's easy enough as it is with the right build (even at the hardest difficulty).

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Archers = VERY bad in-game balance.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I agree! My Ranger is waaay over powered and I love it, hehe! Invincible in Normal, Untouchable in Hard, and well, there's the Nightmare silly

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard