Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
OpEnBsD Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
I have played and finished Dragon Age Origins ,Oblivion and I wonder how's this would be compare with those two?
I saw on some place I don't remember now this game uses the same engine which used for Oblivion and Fallout 3 as well if that's true does that mean graphics is same as Oblivion's? no improvements have been made so far? I saw screenshots of Two Worlds 2 and read their descriptions and first thought it's a nice game but in their forum (it's not even official) most of people mentioned they can't play the larger island in single Player mod and maximum game play hours is around 20 to 25 hours
lol in Dragon Age I spent 45 hours for main game+15 hours for awakening+I think 5 hours for rest of DLCs so it's huge.
,too bad. so I want to know how is this game good or bad compare with Two Worlds 2??
basically I expect a self criticism.
-thanks

old hand
old hand
I have no intention of buying 2 worlds 2 as the first game bored me to sleep littraly

Oblivion was an awsome game in my opinion but it lacked the humour that makes Divinity the Shining star it is

for me it is a very hard choice to compare Oblivion with Divinity I love them both & thay both have there good points & bad points.

I love the music in both games I love the story in both games I love the replayability in both games. The worlds are both graphicley stimulating & awe inspiring, as a whole though as much as I love Oblivion if I have to choose it would be Divinity.

Reason 1 = DRAGON FORM LOL

Reason 2 = Bethesta is a large company with a huge budget & yet Larian were able to give us an outstanding world with a much smaller budget

Reason 3 = The humour in Divinity is what makes it top Oblivion in my opinion the sarcasam is amazing

as I said I love both games but Divinity takes the lead because of the above reasons

veteran
veteran
Dragon Age wins this one obviously.

apprentice
apprentice
Dragon Age has MUCH better storyline and voice acting. It catches you completely. Still DKS has it's own advantages.

O
OpEnBsD Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
thanks for your reply and rest of people.
yea I believe Dragon Age got a very realistic game play,honestly when you play u cry,laugh it changes your emotions in every time so I believe Developers are true genius,well since I haven't play this game I can't say exactly what is in. but I am looking forward to try this game too.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I vote unmodded: DAO, TDKS, then OB (hated it)
modded: OB (hands down, beats any other game out there for me), DAO, TDKS (no modding unfortunately)

Grafix: TDKS, OB (unmodded), DAO
Combat: (biggest distinction is DAO is continuous turn based, OB and TDKS are real time)
-DAO is much more tactical and strategic
-OB has more involved combat (i like active blocking and having to manuever around each fight and not just click to win, and a mod in OB made it the best combat game i have ever played), TDKS felt like 3d Diablo to me, very hack and slashy
Story:
-DAO, OB, not done with TDKS yet :P
Replayability/Longevity
-I couldnt play vanilla OB in disgust, modded OB only left my PC when my HD went bust (thousands of hours of gameplay
- DAO gave me hundreds of hours, each playthru much more distinct from the others than OB
-TDKS potentially great replayability from the sheer combination of skills but i see myself only playing fighter then mage

Last edited by SonOfCapiz; 18/11/10 07:58 PM.

Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you. See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands... - Isaiah 49:15-16
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by OpEnBsD
I have played and finished Dragon Age Origins ,Oblivion and I wonder how's this would be compare with those two?
I saw on some place I don't remember now this game uses the same engine which used for Oblivion and Fallout 3 as well if that's true does that mean graphics is same as Oblivion's? no improvements have been made so far? I saw screenshots of Two Worlds 2 and read their descriptions and first thought it's a nice game but in their forum (it's not even official) most of people mentioned they can't play the larger island in single Player mod and maximum game play hours is around 20 to 25 hours
lol in Dragon Age I spent 45 hours for main game+15 hours for awakening+I think 5 hours for rest of DLCs so it's huge.
,too bad. so I want to know how is this game good or bad compare with Two Worlds 2??
-thanks

MAXOS! claphands

old hand
old hand
rofl yeah MAXOS LOL

stranger
stranger
I found oblivion kind of cliche. It didn't bring anything new, the combat was really repetitive, and it was easy.

It was the exact same thing as morrowind, combat was dull. Basically it was slash/magic>slash/magic
It was fun if you had some cool addons, but the normal game was kind of dull. The main story was very cliche.

The only thing I found good was the size of it. Bunch of dungeons and quests. I also liked the sneak system very much. It was fun sneaking up on someone and stabbing them in the back/shooting them with an arrow.

Dragon age I kind of liked, but it was to linear. I could never defeat the last boss, no matter how many times I tried. I also think they stepped into the realm of real religion a little bit. I want my fantasy games to be fantasy. It had its perks, the battle system was good. I liked how they handled relationships. The game was to small though.

I say DKS is a good mix between the two. Lots of side quests, nice innovative features, and a great story.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by ExaltedReign
Dragon age I kind of liked, but it was to linear. I could never defeat the last boss, no matter how many times I tried. I also think they stepped into the realm of real religion a little bit. I want my fantasy games to be fantasy. It had its perks, the battle system was good. I liked how they handled relationships. The game was to small though.

Dragon Age was Absolute C*** in my opinion the combat system "WHAT COMBAT SYSTEM" look theres an enemy click a button & let the computer do the work while you go make a coffee.

Ha what bull I like having a bit more interaction with my game than click a button & I like getting to know my charactors & conecting with them.

The lack of interaction & involvment in combat ruined it completley for me, I felt like a pointless observer & disconected from the whole of the game.

With Oblivion & Divinity I AM MY CHARACTOR not some shmuck thats just there to press a button every once in a while while the computer does all the work. The fact that it was so short would'nt have bothered me if I had more involvment in the game. As for it being linear well just the icing on the cake really a sh** world to go with a not so great repetative story & a boring combat system.

I mean come on the same story for how many charactor types yeah there origans were different but you'd have thought thay'd put more effort into the different charactor types having different interactions with your team.

Same S*** Different day different charactor, I don't hold it against anyone liking it but I certainley don't I'd rather Play Divinity or Oblivion & actully feel like theres a point to the controler being in my hand.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
It's really hard to compare DKS with Dragon Age since Dragon Age is more of a strategic micro-management game like Baldur's Gate.
I didn't play it that much because I prefer action RPGs.
DAO is probably a bit deeper of an experience than Div II. Races are more prominently featured, you have a party, etc...
Div II makes up for it in its personality, and a few gameplay gimmicks.
You can order assistants to gather stuff for you, train you, or assemble Frankenstein-like creatures you can then summon in combat. It's not a party in the usual RPG sense but it's interesting.

With Oblivion, the comparison is a bit easier.
Oblivion is huge and more open, the combat however is not a whole lot of fun.
Div II's hack and slash gameplay feels way more dynamic.
Oblivion had a morality system which was both a blessing and a curse. It offered a deeper experience, but the good/evil system was riddled with incoherences that made the game infuriating and ridiculous at times.

Div. II simply does not have a morality system. You can loot pretty much anyone's place at will and they never say anything except for a select few scripted situations, which isn't terribly realistic. But it's also less of an annoyance than the infuriating reputation system in Oblivion.
I guess it could be justified from a narration standpoint by the fact that you belong to an elite army division, so townspeople tend to be intimidated or revere you.
Div. II is an RPG with a palpable action-adventure feel and an overall linear story, that focuses on good questing and memorable settings.
Exploration however is still a must to unravel sidequests for levelling purposes.
On top of that, some of these sidequests tend to intertwine pretty nicely, which allows the narrative to keep you interested even while you're not on the main quest.
The game also features some mild puzzle elements. They can mean a welcome change of pace, although sometimes they don't feel fully realized.

As for TW2, it releases in a few days, so far only German tests exist and they are excellent but Germany is a big market for this type of games and it weighs on reviews. German reviews tend to be rather lenient with such products and international reception often finds more faults.
I hope I'll be able to try it and give some feedback if this thread is still alive.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Divine Avenger

Dragon Age was Absolute C*** in my opinion the combat system "WHAT COMBAT SYSTEM" look theres an enemy click a button & let the computer do the work while you go make a coffee.

I dont know what difficulty level you played, but on difficult (and my friend says on normal) clicking the enemy and let them do the fighting is a sure way to get your party wiped out in seconds. And thats before the mods. Combat is also party based meaning your party has to work together or their skills have to complement each other. you also have to be careful about aggro and positioning. All in i find it requires no less, and often actually requires more, involvement than combat in DKS .

In DAO you order a normal attack, your character will keep on attacking. Is it really that much different when you have to click yourself for each attack? DAO will execute a special attack when you order a special attack, same as DKS. I understand if you prefer being involved in each click, i enjoy games like that too, but implying DAO is click and win is simply not true.

Ive played many a character (at least 6) in DAO and each experience is remarkably different from the others so i dont know where youre coming from by saying

"I mean come on the same story for how many charactor types yeah there origans were different but you'd have thought thay'd put more effort into the different charactor types having different interactions with your team.

Same S*** Different day different charactor".

exactly how is DKS better than DAO in this aspect?

Last edited by SonOfCapiz; 19/11/10 02:59 AM.

Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you. See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands... - Isaiah 49:15-16
old hand
old hand
[quote=SonOfCapiz.In DAO you order a normal attack, your character will keep on attacking. [/quote]

That's my point "you order your attack" if i wanted to order an attack & play the observer thats just huling a tone of orders around & not doing any real work I'd go play command & conquer.

The whole feeling I got from DAO was that I was the worlds worst story teller, I'm the one telling everyone what happened but that's where it end's because my involvment was minimal at best there is no way to explain the emotional side of it because you observed it rather than expirianced it.

Everyone's entitled to there opinion & that's mine DAO is a absolute Joke in my opinion & nothing anyone says will change that. 2 each his own DAO just is'nt worthy of my intrest,If I wanted to abserve something I'd watch the discovery channal. An RPG/Action Adventure is nothing more or less than an interactive film & when a film does'nt move you or get you engrosed then to you it will be an epic fail & thats what DAO is to me an epic fail that made me feel like the squire there to sharpen the swords & clean the computers boots while it did all the real work. Not the Hero that has just lead a group of suicidal crazy fools on a vertually hopeless campaine & won.

DAO was a waste of my money & to this very day the only reason that I'm glad I preordered it was the blooddragon armour for Mass Effect 2.

M
addict
addict
M
Like I said in another post, they don't use the same gameplay (even if they are both rpg), it's like comparing Quake and Rainbow Six.

But I prefer Div2, I got kinda bored of playing a team by myself, and having to pause all the time to issue orders (never played Oblivion). That has been breaking immersion for me.

Also I like the Div2 twists on a otherwise overused story (there is a big bad guy, you got to kill him before he destroys the world). And did I mention DRAGON FORM !!!!!!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OpEnBsD
-thanks

I can't say anything about DA, but for me Oblivion's gameplay I don't like it if I compare it with the DKS !! Sooo a different gameplay I find! In many ways I love the RPG-elements in the Divnity games much more ! (leveling-up system(!!),skills, quests, humour, voice acting, music ...)

About TW II : I read on forums some players simply can't say the SP of Two Worlds is indeed short at all!! So don't believe everything ! wink
Their are many hidden quests, places, etc to discover, but if players rush trough TW II, yeah, in that case 20 - 30 hours is possible!
The same with the DKS: if you rush through this game (it's also a shame I find because the dev's put soo many hours/effort in making the DKS - the same for all other RPG's I think!), you should miss many nice funny things etc !!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran

Stop playing it on easy? Go solo-challenge? Go naked lvl1 solo challenge?

journeyman
journeyman
I'm a member over at TW2 forums, For most people they're finishing the main quest and side quests around the 25 hour mark. Of course this is down to peoples playing preferences (you may be able to bump it up to 40 hours if you stand around looking at the eye candy for hours) but after the Dev's stated it was a complete open world (it's not) with around 100 hours of gameplay I'd stay away till they add DLC or you can pick it up cheaply. They included in the SP map an island which is just for MP...go figure.

It's also smaller than the first Two worlds. I personally think the dev's went for eye candy rather than content which is a crying shame.

*** Stay put while I go search for a butterfly net. ***
DAO, was/is a epic story. It had a very good writer (David Gaider), I feel in these types of games the story is very,very important. It had brilliant voice acting and a strange way of making you feel a close relationship to the characters.

DKS, Has a okay story, and holds the player throughout. The voice acting is as good if not better than DAO. The relationship to the characters in DKS is touched upon only, but I can't help thinking if they took this a little further it would only help to improve the game.

I think the music in DKS wins over the music in DAO.

Last edited by Paris; 19/11/10 11:53 AM.

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
stranger
stranger
I'm loving DKS, but for me it will always be Oblivion. I can't betray the hundreds of hours I've put into that game, the only game in the world where you can throw your shoes onto the roof. Joining the thieves guild and running across rooftops in the night. I liked the combat, and the bow mechanics are excellent. Just the sheer amount of things to do is staggering. The possibilities are endless. Now where did I leave my horse?

old hand
old hand
I left my horse in the stables of Battle horn caste lol

The white horse with the elven armour awsome combo wink

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard