Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
i'm pretty sure i've settled on Hermosa (trainer) and Barbatos (alchemist), and Jonelath (necromancer) but can't decide on the enchanter. Wesson or Radcliffe? any thoughts?

stranger
stranger
Radcliffe wins the enchanting competition by a healthy margin...but I took Wesson because he has a family. I read somewhere in the end it doesn't really matter though.

Support
Support

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
thanks all for that. i ended up going with Radcliffe over Wesson - maybe a bad choice but we will see later on i guess. i figured that since Radcliffe made a better sword he'd be the better choice... but i probably should have taken into consideration that WEsson has a family. now the wife hates me...

Support
Support

That's ok... she will not hate you for long. evil

stranger
stranger
I have wesson for my enchanter, when I upgraded I chose the machines for armor both times, is that a mistake? should I of chose 1 armor machine & 1 weapons? im enchanting mostly armor now anyways since im still working on completing the Ulthring's set, but he already specializes in armor, so I guess im wondering if I wasted the last upgrade or if I will still use the same amount of mats as I would only having 1 armor upgrade since he specializes in armor, or will having 2 armor machines cut down the mats a bit?

addict
addict
The "best" choices from as objective a standpoint as possible are:
-Hermosa
-Jonelath
-Wesson
-Barbatos

All four allow more total skill points. Hermosa gets you one extra, but in reality is more like 5 extra, since Kenneth's 2nd quest item can be used for FIVE skill points (so Kenneth costs you six). And completing Kenneth's 1st quest for the full reward causes you to fail another quest. There's pretty much no reason to ever choose Kenneth over Hermosa, unless you have a character build that absolutely requires making use of Myrthos (a sword Hermosa needs for her 2nd quest, and honestly one of the best melee weapons in the game, but not worth 5 skill points). The only difference between their services is which skills are half price, but the items needed for the quests is the only true factor here.

Jonelath's 1st quest has a glitch of sorts that gives you the skill book reward twice, for a total of 3 points compared to Igor's 2. Neither one requires any truly "unique" items, aside from Igor needing an otherwise-useless quest item, and a ring from a Black Ring general... but the ring doesn't drop unless you chose Igor anyways. The defense differences for the Creature has little effect in the long run, and is the only difference in their services.

Wesson gives two quests and rewards 2 skill books total. His 2nd quest requires a unique body armor from a Black Ring general, but this armor isn't the best as it is (Ulthring's stuff surpasses it easily). His 1st requires a quest item that is useless otherwise, so no loss there.

Radcliff, on the other hand, only gives one quest, but only rewards one skill point. You can choose to sell his item for 2 Malachite Gems, but doing that will deny you the skill point, and only give one of the two total upgrades to his platform. As far as I can tell, there is absolutely no difference between the two in terms of being an Enchanter, aside from the fact that Radcliff can get you both upgrades to the platform fairly quickly (drop all the barriers in the Fjords, then fly to his chest and dragon stone back right after opening).

Barbatos is a superior Alchemist because he lets you use the Potion of Wisdom yourself, for +5 to your Int stat. Allan requires giving it up, whereas Barbatos only costs you the Alchemy Amulet, which is a nice amulet, but has nothing incredibly unique to make it more valuable than a permanent +5 Int boost. Some reloading in front of the jewelry salesman in Aleroth can probably get you a comparable item. The Allan Brew potion is unique, however, and a decent potion if you're into that sort of thing (boosting all defenses, far beyond a Lv10 Full Resist potion). Oh, also, Allan's 1st quest doesn't reward a skill point. Barbatos' does.

Last edited by Lancet; 22/11/10 03:05 AM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard