Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tevaul Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I just picked the game up and am trying to get a quest started. I own a 360 controller for my PC and wanted to play the game using the controller. I was able to map all the keys to my controller with the exception of the camera to my right analog stick. If anyone could please let me know how to change the camera to my controller I would really appreciate it! Thank you in advance!

T
Tevaul Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I have now run into another issue, waiting for a response I got to the point of getting a bow. If I press the buttons on my 360 controller for some odd reason it resets my camera position. So say if I try and shoot a target with my bow, it is impossible as I line up my shot, hit the shoot button and the camera quickly recenters itself and I shoot the ground. This happens with every button I press on my controller.

Buy an xbox 360 and the xbox 360 version of DKS if you wish to use an xbox 360 controller wink

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
T
Tevaul Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Well that isn't really a logical solution, clearly I have purchased the PC version and who in their right mind would go out and spend another $60 to rebuy the game? I own a 360 and make decisions on which version I am going to get based on which is better, in this case the PC version was the resounding winner and so I picked it up. This type of game though screams for controller support, I am honestly stunned that this was not implemented before release.

L
stranger
stranger
L
You may be able to use emulators like http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/ or xpadder

I here you though, native controller support would be really nice, especially since I have a great little htpc hooked up to a 55' led samsung.

apprentice
apprentice
I'm using Pinnacle game profiler and it works flawlessly with my 360 gamepad, so far i've used it for D2:ED, FOV, Risen and Fable to play with my gamepad and never had any problems with it.
It emulates everything from the keyboard keys to the mouse movements and scroll wheel.

There's a trial you can use and then decide if you want to buy it (i did).

Originally Posted by Tevaul
I have now run into another issue, waiting for a response I got to the point of getting a bow. If I press the buttons on my 360 controller for some odd reason it resets my camera position.

Thats a known problem, probly some leftover codes from the 360 version, what you need to do is start the game then unplug (or remove battery pack) your controller and reconnect it only when the menu is there. that fix the problem : )

Last edited by Shinuz; 24/11/10 04:39 PM.
T
Tevaul Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Shinuz
I'm using Pinnacle game profiler and it works flawlessly with my 360 gamepad, so far i've used it for D2:ED, FOV, Risen and Fable to play with my gamepad and never had any problems with it.
It emulates everything from the keyboard keys to the mouse movements and scroll wheel.

I have now run into another issue, waiting for a response I got to the point of getting a bow. If I press the buttons on my 360 controller for some odd reason it resets my camera position.

Thats a known problem, probly some leftover codes from the 360 version, what you need to do is start the game then unplug (or remove battery pack) your controller and reconnect it only when the menu is there. that fix the problem : )

You are my hero, I am running Xpadder and I FINALLY have a working controller functioning in game. Thank you to everyone that helped out!

J
apprentice
apprentice
J

This does not work for me. Even unassigned keys in both Pinnacle or Xpadder reset the camera position... If look at objects and press "interactive" assignment mapped for mouse2 or E as default it 2/3 of the time its just resets my view If I am not standing real close. Using keyboard or mouse it always works as intended (i.e. view never resets and instead loot window pops up), but not with wired xbox360 controller. Very frustrating.

Any other tricks I could try?

Win7 64bit with hotfix installed.

Last edited by jansuuta; 28/11/10 12:57 PM.
T
Tevaul Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by jansuuta

This does not work for me. Even unassigned keys in both Pinnacle or Xpadder reset the camera position... If look at objects and press "interactive" assignment mapped for mouse2 or E as default it 2/3 of the time its just resets my view If I am not standing real close. Using keyboard or mouse it always works as intended (i.e. view never resets and instead loot window pops up), but not with wired xbox360 controller. Very frustrating.

Any other tricks I could try?

Win7 64bit with hotfix installed.

You might have missed the other part of the explanation, you need to turn your PC on, unplug your controller as in pull the USB plug out of the computer, load up your game, minimize the game, turn on Xpadder or whatever, plug your controller in and than it works. If your controller is plugged in when you turn the game on you will get the camera reset bug no matter what you do.

apprentice
apprentice
I too was disappointted to see no native 360 controller support. (Pinnacles a great programme but menus designed for mouse are no fun with a controller). Surely putting in the 360 UI wouldnt have been that hard.

KB&M is my primary input method but i like having the option as sometimes you just wanna hook up to your big telly and sit on your backside with a controller.

And if i wanted a game with bad graphics and no options only then would i buy a 360 version of a game availible on PC!!!!!!

Last edited by apoc_reg; 29/11/10 10:09 AM.

----------------------------------------
GTX 480, i7 920, 6GB Dominator, Win7 x64
Steam: apoc_reg, Live: apoc reg, PSN: apoc_reg
stranger
stranger
Can anyone tell me how to get the game (DKS PC disc version) to recognize the XBox 360 controller? I have Xpadder, and I assigned the keys from the game to the controller profile, I can move the mouse around with the Xbox 360 controller on my desktop, however, it does not work in game. My keyboard/mouse set up is USB wireless.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J

You might have missed the other part of the explanation, you need to turn your PC on, unplug your controller as in pull the USB plug out of the computer, load up your game, minimize the game, turn on Xpadder or whatever, plug your controller in and than it works. If your controller is plugged in when you turn the game on you will get the camera reset bug no matter what you do.

Thanks, works now fine with Xpadder, no more view reset. Pinnacle as well, nice stupid

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard