Next Thread
Print Thread
U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
Hi,
I've noticed someone has the same thing happened in the Divinity II DKS in this forum: The bosses in some flying fortress are way too strong that they can kill me in a single magic blast or fireball.

My experience was like: Hard difficulty, level 32, magic resisitance is around 50%. The general Raze in his flying fortress killed me with a 600+ dmg magic blast at the first second of the battle. I tried to change to normal difficulty and it's the same. The second time I came across someone in the Broken Valley fortress and killed by a fireball with 1500+ dmg.

Is this designed like this? I need to level up to 35 or more and then come back again? I doubt this because I don't think I can win the battle even if I was level 40.

If this is a bug, I think it should be fixed.

stranger
stranger
I dont think its a bug. The games suppose to be hard. Its not like those sissy RPGs that hold you hand like oblivion. I'd say it was pretty hard to kill raze on normal. I was a level 26 mage. All I did was disable the heal tanks, beat on him with my weapons, rather rinse repeat. He was rather easy that way. Just ignore the extras and beat him down.

What are your specs?

U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
I was a level 32 mage and even I changed the difficulty to normal, I didn't have the chance to draw my weapon before Raze took me down with a magic blast (5 hits with 150+ damage each hit). I don't think it's possible to close both heal tanks and kill him without being hit. The skeletons appeared with him dealt only 10 or 20 damage on me.

veteran
veteran
No it is a bug that bosses can kill you instantly, it should be addressed in the patch coming this week.

journeyman
journeyman
What level are you playing it on?

How many hit points do you have?

What are you character stats?

Without out those answers, it's hard to tell.

I have a character that can wipe most Boss's, but have run into a game bug that kills me every time.

The difference in difficulty is 100:1.

Something most game designers forget -- that for a game to be playable by a wide range of people, the difference from the easiest should be *at least* 2 orders of magnitude, with the better ones allowing a continuous slider between -100x -> 0 -> +100x.

I saw one game that had a VERY wide appeal that had a range of +/0 1000. It was playable by my mom to the most advance gamers -- that's good game design.

To many designers think a difference of -50% -> + 200% is enough, but they don't realize the vast difference of players out there.

Something to keep in mind for future patches. Loosen up the rules and allow the user to set more parameters in the game so they can create their own experience -- the next step being full on extensions/modifications -- that's where it's at for giving gamers hours-weeks, months of play -- then add on-line -- on-line of various types -- those playing with restricted characters , those playing with semi-restricted, and whatever they want -- (not for a general world, so much, but custom campaigns against epic monsters/battles -- bring the full range of fantasy and imagination to life!

journeyman
journeyman
You obviously never played Oblivion on the hardest settings.

I suspect you never played it at all.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by ExaltedReign
I dont think its a bug. The games suppose to be hard. Its not like those sissy RPGs that hold you hand like oblivion. I'd say it was pretty hard to kill raze on normal. I was a level 26 mage. All I did was disable the heal tanks, beat on him with my weapons, rather rinse repeat. He was rather easy that way. Just ignore the extras and beat him down.

This game hard? Heaven forbid you ever try Risen or one of the earlier Gothics. This one is a walk in the park. Not to take anything away from it, I find that a nice change of pace. But if you carefully build up your character as much as possible, you can breeze through most fights. That said, it is a bug that some bosses can one-shot you before you even have time to chug a potion. Raze is notorious for it. I do recall there being something said about a patch fixing this, but if you don't want to wait, exit, do a few other things, and come back. He handed me my behind 5 times in a row, so I went out and did a few other quests, when I came back the only issue was his annoying heals. So exit and try again, or exit, get a few levels, and try again. It's possible too, if you drink a full resist potion before triggering his speech that you may do better.

I might add, that for those who find tough boss fights tedious, it is entirely possible to go into options, set the game to easy, fight them, then go back and put your settings to wherever they were before. The difficulty settings were specifically designed for this because the developers knew not every likes tough boss fights. For some it's more getting there than the actual fight.

Last edited by Daen; 28/11/10 07:17 PM.
U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
I did try to go away and level up outside. But I'm out of luck. I came back after raising a level and raze still one-shot me.

But I think I'll keep trying until the patch released.

Thankes to you all.

This can be fixed by support. Send your savegame to support@larian.com and reference this thread.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard