Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
It's indeed really impossible to please everyone, correct ! wink

And just because of this,
I enjoy all RPG games I bought or simply stop playing if the game can't hold my attention
and do not say things as: "This game sucks, this game is stupid, this game ... bla bla bla ... " - all such words are totally useless !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Joram
It's indeed really impossible to please everyone, correct ! wink

And just because of this,
I enjoy all RPG games I bought or simply stop playing if the game can't hold my attention
and do not say things as: "This game sucks, this game is stupid, this game ... bla bla bla ... " - all such words are totally useless !

indeed all games have there good points & bad points no game is perfect, for someone to say it sucks it's retarded ect ect there must be a reason 4 it. I mean if your going to bad mouth a game at least do it properley & have an actual reason or rather a justifyed reason for bad mouthing it.

Eg. I hate Two Worlds, I think the charactorbuild is ok but the story was so boring that I stopped playing it halfway through.

The world was fairley big but you spend 90% of the game dying because there is no clear sence of direction. No matter which area you start with you end up as a wreck on the floor because every area is too overpowered for your lvl. Over all two worlds was an utter disapointment for me the game tried to hard to be Oblivion & it failed misserably.

There see if your going to bad mouth a game do it properley & have a point to your little rant & people will take note of it.

R
stranger
stranger
R
well this is a very smart game
congratulations for the team of this game, smart team
almost all games are for tiny players but not this smile
indeed some parts are pain head but each thing of the game is smart made
graphic too smart made, im sure they tested on medium pc`s too not only for ultra video cards, i have all settings to low cus i got only ati x1800, but graphic of the game is pretty nice on low details
alot of new games 2010 are made only for expensive video cards....
can say more about the game but to much of read smile

F
stranger
stranger
F
make the next dlc open world where 50/50 is dragon/human and add a ton of quests and tons to explore. any game that takes over 50+ hours is a great game in my book. i love rpg games and i love collecting stuff so im up to 61 hours now and int he undead part of the city in FoV and i look in every crack n cranny for goodies. So for the next DLC or game make it HUGE open world and go for the goal of 300+ hours! if u make it like u did the first part of the game then 0.o itll be epic!.
(incase u all havent noticed i love games that take forever to beat, as long as their done rite i know all of u would gladly beating it)

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
That's my opinion of course and I'm understandably biased, but I really do think that as a RPG, DKS now feels complete, which it wasn't when it was just existing as ED alone.

I'm sorry, but I whole heartedly disagree there. In no way does this game, or perhaps I should stay story, feel complete. We haven't faced Damien yet, the story so far seems like one big warm up exercise where regardless of the choices one makes during the game, the ending remains the same. The saying: "All roads lead to Rome" couldn't have a better use. Now I know a follow-up is being worked on or is planned, however, even though this game delivers (in my opinion) an amazing experience and hours of truly enjoyable gameplay, I still feel it's only reached about 80% of what it actually could.

I'm hoping Part III will give more uses to the dragon form (like stated in so many forums, it's mainly a convenient way to travel and only in one zone at this point), more open-world exploring/fighting to be done (I for one didn't understand why they was so little animal-life around, I found about 10 boars to kill and that was it) and faster, more to the point dialog.

Ever since Gothic I/II, I was craving for a really nice RPG to play (don't shoot me now, I was a HUGE fan of those 2 games) and to me, ED/DKS is delivering big time. I mean, we get our own "base of operations" (it would be nice to include the tower more though, (rogue?) Dragon slayers staging attacks, people actually visiting the tower and asking for help etc ...), a really nice combat system and most importantly, we get to morph into a big bad dragon.

All in all, even though the OP has a right to voice his or her opinion, I couldn't disagree more and will be eagerly anticipating the release of the next game.

- Merdarion

old hand
old hand
no one said the game as a series is complete but D2 is now that are dragon knight has been broken in & excepted His/Her fate that thay were never ment to be a slayer but the dragon there is a lot of things on the horizon. Now that your charactor has learned what it means to be a dragon & has the whole thing under controle we can finally get down to buisness in the next instalation of Divinity.

I agree with the devs on this one I think that D2/DKS is complete & the rest of the story will be awaiting us in D3. I do hope that the leaning curve for are dragon knight as far as taking dragon form go's is indeed over & I'd love more dragon form involvment in the next game. Just like everyone else I'd like an equal amount of human & dragon time in the next game.

I also think that some more involvment with the battle tower would be nice as well & I like the sound of your ideas of people requesting aid & having to fend off slayer assults. Now that the Divine has returned though it will be easyer to rally the people of Riverlon to the cause of kicking Damian in his manhood & it will be easyer to orginise a resistance for an epic showdown between good & evil with your Dragonknight at the helm.

more sky battles would be amazing, I loved the objective of protecting the Zeplin on FOV more of that kind of thing would be welcome for D3.

veteran
veteran
I think it would be really wrong for anyone except the Divine to be the one to face and defeat Damian.

The conflict between them is the closest thing to the emotional heart of the story as there is. The Dragon Knight has no real emotional investment there, that ended when he/she ended Ygerna, freeing the Divine and restoring the good name to the Dragon Knights. That was the story of the last Dragon Knight.

The Divine's role is to accept responsibility for Damian, he let Damian live against Zandalor's wishes, he pushed Damian over the edge by executing Ygerna, he banished Damian into another dimension instead of killing him, and Rivellon has paid the price. The Divine has to be the protagonist for the final part of Damian's story, and he has to be the one to deal with Damian once and for all.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I think it would be really wrong for anyone except the Divine to be the one to face and defeat Damian.

The conflict between them is the closest thing to the emotional heart of the story as there is. The Dragon Knight has no real emotional investment there, that ended when he/she ended Ygerna, freeing the Divine and restoring the good name to the Dragon Knights. That was the story of the last Dragon Knight.

The Divine's role is to accept responsibility for Damian, he let Damian live against Zandalor's wishes, he pushed Damian over the edge by executing Ygerna, he banished Damian into another dimension instead of killing him, and Rivellon has paid the price. The Divine has to be the protagonist for the final part of Damian's story, and he has to be the one to deal with Damian once and for all.

Yeah I agree with you on that one it would be wrong to see anyone other than the Divine kill Damian but take Halo 3 for example though Marter Chief was the hero it was the arbiter that had the killing blow on the prophit of truth. So that said although I would expect no less than to see the Divine put an end to Damians scheems does'nt mean that are dragon can't come along for the ride.

I mean comeon lets face it the Divine is going to need all the support he can get on this one.

Last edited by Divine Avenger; 19/11/10 02:37 AM.
veteran
veteran
I suppose, theoretically, there could be two playable characters in the final installment, but that would obviously be confusing.

Still, while I think that the Divine should be the main playable character in Divinity 3, sections where you control the Dragon Knight in Dragon form to break an entrance or break defenses for the Divine might be worth thinking about...

old hand
old hand
Even though I think the Divine should have the killing blow on Damian I also think are dragon knight should be the main playable charactor in D3. The reason being the Divine has already shown what he's capable of he had his campain that turned him into a demi god. He's had a lot of time to show the world what he can do now that are dragon knight has found his/her meaning & come to terms with & understand what it means to be a dragon knight. It just would'nt be fair to not give are knight a chance to shine & prove themselfs like the Divine has. Let the Divine Correct his mistake but let the dragon knight shine as well, that would make for an epic tale.

Have the dragon knight as your main playable charactor while at the same time have the Divines side of the story run paralel with yours. Maybe for the Finally hold off Damians forces while the Divine has his showdown with Damian, or after you've done everything you can to ensure success take controle of the Divine for the final showdown.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
does'nt mean that are dragon can't come along for the ride.

Whereas it might seem "un-dragon knightly" to do so, perhaps giving The Divine a ride could be fun. Make sure he reaches Damian's hideout alive and keep fending off attackers so he can focus on Damian. Damian himself could at one point mount his favourite flying Wyvern/Drake and then it's your turn to kick some air-borne butt. 't Is but an idea.

- Merdarion

old hand
old hand
lol you read my mind you posted as I edited a mistake in my post & added more lol

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
First time posting on these forums, though I check them every day. I have to say that I've truly enjoyed this game. I've found the game play to be balanced quite nicely for the way the game is assembled. Respawn can be nice if you choose to grind to gain levels, but given the level of exploration you do in this game, it could get annoying quickly so I have come to like the lack of respawn. I've not yet actually reached FOV though I've played into the fjords several different times trying out different character builds. I've read here about it being focused more on interaction with townsfolk and completing quests, and I can't see how that's a bad thing. I typically play RPG games more than anything for the storyline and from what I've seen of this game, it doesn't disappoint, there are lots of caveats and 'easter eggs' present that add layers to the game that aren't typical of games. I do find that the dragon play seems to be much more 'arcade' style than the rest of the game, but I find that it's provides a break that's quite nice. Could things be better? Absolutely, you must consider the costs of development and the time that goes into adding the content that's already there and thinking of it in those terms you definitely get your money's worth. In my opinion the game has a very polished feel and is quite smooth. I'm sure if Larian had 10 years to work on a game, and they could retail for $200 they could make everyone happy and have an uber game with millions of features, I think people might be a little too demanding. This game plays quite well, I've yet to find anything that is less that high quality in the game, if you overlook a few bugs here and there and the devs quickly respond and cater to the general public opinion towards their work. How could you ask for more? I'm looking forward to the ED+FOV to DKS patch for the better loot distribution but that's coming. Overall I have to say in the last twenty three years of gaming this is one of my all time favorites. I have to say that on my own personal scale when you consider the level of service larian provides and the overall quality of their product, definitely a 10/10. Good work.

Reality is but a shadow of one's imagination, is it not?
journeyman
journeyman
The problem with DKS isn't that there's a lot of combat, it's that that's almost ALL there is to it.

The problem with FoV isn't that there's a lot of dialogue, it's that that's almost ALL there is to it.

Both entries are good ideas, but it would've been better (imo) if they were merged into one grand concept. A good balance of combat/exploration and dialogue, instead of being almost completely one-sided for the first game, and almost completely on the other side for the expansion.

apprentice
apprentice
The OP, is just a another pointless attack. For me this game has been a blast, as stated above, it feels a lot like a story I once read...along the lines of the "Zork" series of olde. I remember reading those olde "choose your adventure" books, and this game gave me that feeling.

Making a game to fit everybody's boat is not even possible, there will always be someone out there who has better ideas, but funny thing is, these same people depend on these same game programmers to satiate there gaming needs. So it would behoove the game player to provide useful information, rather than RETARDED forum trolling.

Thanks again for this game Larian.

happy hunting rpg008

stranger
stranger
Great game, great expansion.

laugh

If there's no quest or no loot, don't talk to me!
C
C
I played straight through from ED to FOV and was not disappointed one bit by the expansion. As a standalone piece it certainly doesn't sate the desired for a full release; and compared to many recent AAA releases, this DLC probably offers less playtime.

I can understand the desire to have less dialog, but its an unfortunate consequence of allowing players to jump into the DLC without playing through FOV first. To allow players to jump in, you must provide an introduction or refresher lead-in. I compliment Larian on allowing this feature, however omitting the option of standalone DLC playthrough would have allow a tighter integration with the original release.

Other posters were complaining about being locked into a smaller sandbox. From the perspective of game advancement it makes perfect sense and is directly inline with any other title. As you advance in the game, previous levels are locked out and replaced by updated world content reflecting changes that are the result of consequence in plot completion. Think of FOV as the final stage in ED and you will see that similar occurrences happened in FOV. When you complete the Battle Tower, the old Broken Valley is locked out and replaced by new content.

My complaint is often times the game feels incomplete. It really feels like Larian was overambitious in their goals for D2. The game should have been release as a complete product including FOV. However, I understand that there is often a trade off when building a competitive product with a smaller team. Its good to see that FOV actually compliments ED instead of adding side quests and other hidden secrets that are sometimes seen in add-on releases. No names, but you occasionally see milking of existing properties to fuel development on future releases.

There are certainly issues of refinement that I hope future releases address in order to remain competitive with titles released by monolithic publishers. You can begin to see Larian has begun to address issues of RP such gender, status, and path (decision) recognition in world NPCs. Also dialog decision result in more diverse responses. Its good to see but perhaps not in lieu of game content. For a smaller outfit from EU, I must say that most gamers do not give enough credit, Larian has put a tremendous effort into releasing their products. I look forward to bigger and better releases in the future.

Last edited by candlebbq; 03/12/10 04:46 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
I did like the FOV, but, sadly, you can'y keep playing after completing it.
So yea, it pretty much made the whole "Dragon Knight" stuff worthless

IDK what to put here, so don't bother reading it, you're just wasting your time... STOP READING IT!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard