Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Same thing here. After applying the patch resolution options don't show in the menu. I tried uninstalling the game completely and reinstalling the game and then patch, but it doesn't change things. My OS is win7 64 bit and my video card is Nvidia 8800 gts 512 (latest driver 260.99). Seems to be a Nvidia specific issue?

Paris Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Rain Koor
Same thing here. After applying the patch resolution options don't show in the menu. I tried uninstalling the game completely and reinstalling the game and then patch, but it doesn't change things. My OS is win7 64 bit and my video card is Nvidia 8800 gts 512 (latest driver 260.99). Seems to be a Nvidia specific issue?

Resolution not showing is on ATI cards as well, I think this has more to do with running Windows 7 64bit. But the corrupt graphics may be Nvidia only.

Last edited by Paris; 02/12/10 08:50 AM.

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
apprentice
apprentice
There aren't any corrupt graphics anymore... after deleting the profile and reinstalling DKS, and the patch anything is fine with that. Maybe it had something to do with the hotfix or maybe with the profile, I don't know. There were only two reports with that graphic glitch issue and mine (and hopefully also the one of the other user) is solved, so I really don't care that much what the problem was for now. wink For the most people the resolution-problem is surely much more important. Not anyone reads in forums or is able to change such settings in a xml textfile.

apprentice
apprentice
ditto...

win 7 64bit with no 'resolution menu'

ATI 5970 catalyst 10.10e with no in-game graphic problems.

(also using multicore cpu (Intel) and multicore gpu (ATI)... no problem.)

"be honest... both with others and yourself"
old hand
old hand
Hi again,

We think we figured out the cause and created updated versions of the patch. If possible, could those that downloaded it already and experienced issues try re-downloading their patches from the following page:

http://www.larian.com/dragonknightsaga_support_forum.php

All DKS patches are there, but we'd rather wait with making it official until we have some confirmation that the problems reported are indeed gone with this.

Thank you

D
stranger
stranger
D
Heh, I take it steam patch has been delayed even longer then? frown

old hand
old hand
We aborted the upload to Steam last night when we discovered people were reporting not being able to change resolutions in the graphic options anymore. This should be fixed now, but we're looking for confirmation from those that reported it. If we get that, we'll promptly send it to Steam.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Doh so we wont see it today then frown

Ohwell.

stranger
stranger
Ok i tried the new patch Lar_q .. First it looked really bad like it was 800x600 but with really small characters, but the drop down menu was showing 1680x1050. I tried switching the resolutions around then but the problem persisted. THEN I tried unpluging my second monitor wich is old and use a lower resolution, and boom i had perfect resolution after rebooting the game. So yeah problem solved for me but only after removing my second monitor!

old hand
old hand
Is it possible that the 800x600 monitor is your primary monitor (as shown in display properties ?). (Edit: this is the really cool thing about PC's)

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Edit: this is the really cool thing about PC's)

laugh
I've been troubleshooting PC's for twenty years. You can imagine how I feel about the cool thing. wink

stranger
stranger
no in my display properties it is set as second monitor with no taskbar and no icons. I only use it to display temperatures and gpu usage.

Ok i was able to recreate the problem. I pluged my second monitor back in and the problem came back, low res but drop box displaying 1680x1050.
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1979/case10.jpg
Notice how its not displayed in the proper res, probably using my second monitor res (1152x864)

Then i unchecked "use interface desktop resolution" and rebooted the game. Fixed everything.
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1028/case2w.jpg

stranger
stranger
Here is how my second monitor is set up, physically to the left of my 23inch widescreen main monitor.

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/1310/secondmonitorres.jpg

Hope this helps

Paris Offline OP
OP Offline
My report on the new patch is that all is now working fine, thank you.

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
old hand
old hand
Great Paris ! You're one of the ones I was waiting for - I can go home now !!! smile

If it's ok on your system, and it was ok on all our systems, I think it's going to be ok on all systems. We'll make a note in the patch log/technical faq of the 'use desktop interface resolution' checkbox solution for people who have two-monitor issues..

We'll make the patches official tomorrow morning then.

apprentice
apprentice
Ditto again...

new patch is working perfectly!

i can see resolution options!

tried a few different settings, saved, restarted,...
change setting again, save, restarted....

checked again on Kali's fortress, used old save to check Raze...

flawless wink

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

rpg003 gonna be a great Divinity weekend! rpg001

div2s
Larian Studios FTW!!!

(p.s... special thanks to my supervisor for letting me setup pc at the office to test patch LOL)

Last edited by brandon2u; 02/12/10 07:47 PM.

"be honest... both with others and yourself"
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by brandon2u

(p.s... special thanks to my supervisor for letting me setup pc at the office to test patch LOL)

wtf smile

Tweeting @forktong
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Hi again,

We think we figured out the cause and created updated versions of the patch. If possible, could those that downloaded it already and experienced issues try re-downloading their patches from the following page:

http://www.larian.com/dragonknightsaga_support_forum.php

All DKS patches are there, but we'd rather wait with making it official until we have some confirmation that the problems reported are indeed gone with this.

Thank you

In context of my earlier report here:

no changes unfortunately - still messed render and resolution locked at 1440x900 (although I never had problems with missing resolution options).

I'll do what NewRaven did - refresh the install and apply patch w/o hotfix in-between (out of curiosity, what files were altered by the hotfix ?).

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
No it is not fixed for me yet either. I can see the resolutions, but many resolutions that i can select give me black screen. Including 1920*1080 that worked fine before. For some reason whatever resolution i select fonts etc. in the menu also seem the same size, and the image looks a bit blurred, like it's not the native resolution, even when i select 1920*1080. Ingame this and many other resolutions give me black screen however. One other thing. Whenever i start the game post patch i see a message through logo videos, that windows color scheme has been changed to windows 7 basic. I didn't see that one before the patch and i don't remember any other games i've played lately doing that. Is that part of some compatibility fixes that you did with the patch?

ava Offline
Do we already have a report file from you? If not, can you create one with our support tool? Thanks.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Douglas Adams
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard