Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
For me unchecking that box helped to get rid of not being able to see nothing but black screen at certain resolutions (Including 1920*1080, that worked fine before the patch). It didn't help with wrong FOV though.

old hand
old hand
Is there any chance of getting a screenshot of your wrong FOV ? (apologies if it's already somewhere)

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Screenshots are in this post:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=430701#Post430701

Basically the game looks stretched and characters fat with 1920*1200. That is with 'User Interface In Desktop-Resolution' UNchecked.

With checked, I get blackscreen just like Rain Koor and the others.

nVidia gtx 280, latest WHQL drivers.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
I have made some screenshots as well:

can be seen on menu too:
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5299/divinity220101207190636.jpg

ingame:

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9783/divinity220101207190741.jpg

(so fat!!)

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1708/divinity220101207190708.jpg

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5486/divinity220101207190701.jpg

In nVidia control panel, I have "use my display's built in scaling" option selected.

FOV was normal before this latest patch.

old hand
old hand
It looks as if the aspect ratio of the selected resolution is different from what you actually have, and most likely it'll be related to the scaling. We're running a number of tests and trying to figure out what's causing it.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Let me know if you need any more info about my configuration/pc/whatever.
I would really like to have this fixed so I can play Div2 over the christmas holiday : ).

M
stranger
stranger
M
I am having the same problems of aspect ratio not matching the selected resolution (1920x1080).

In my game it appears to be trying to fit a much wider ratio into my resolution as everything appears "skinnier".

If I check the "use desktop resolution" box, I get an even stranger issue of the aspect ratio being out of whack AND the game screen only takes up about 60% of my monitor's display area (with large black borders around the edge)

Either way is 100% unplayable... gotta love it when patches make things worse!

Last edited by molleh; 08/12/10 03:35 AM.
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I'm not having any problems (2 monitors running off NVidia drivers), but I did just notice that Windows 7 is now switching to Basic (not Aero) colour scheme when the game is running.

It never happened before, and it doesn't happen with any of my other games except Flight Simulator X (which was released before Vista and Aero were around).

Seems to indicate an issue with the graphics, possibly related to the other issues that have been reported.

Edit: Thanks ForkTong, and fair enough. As I said I wasn't worried, it just seemed unusual - and your game is one of the few stable enough for me to regularly alt-tab out of it without risking a crash smile

Last edited by Trippy; 08/12/10 01:54 PM.
old hand
old hand
It's not an issue, we're disabling Aero on purpose. When you exit the game, it'll be enabled again.

Tweeting @forktong
stranger
stranger
I'm having problems with the resolution settings as well. It won't display my monitors resolution the highest I can set it is 1024x768 while my monitor is 1920x1080. This only starting happening after I installed the patch off steam last night. After reading various posts in the forums I think I've found the problem. . .since the new patch the game doesn't like duel monitors. My main monitor is 1920x1080 but my little monitor on the side is 1024x768 and for some reason that is the highest resolution the game will detect. And I've read a lot of other people with duel monitors seem to be having problems as well. I've tried to mess around with the settings and it does nothing except on the occasion simply make the game crash =( I'll have to get my roommate up here later to mess around with the monitors to see for sure but I'm pretty sure that if I disabled the duel monitor it would more then likely work. Just in case, I'm running a steam version on win XP and an nvidia 9800.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Any updates on a fix for this?

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by Lar_q
It looks as if the aspect ratio of the selected resolution is different from what you actually have, and most likely it'll be related to the scaling. We're running a number of tests and trying to figure out what's causing it.

Hello, are there any news about this issue - were you able to replicate it?
I am pondering whether I should wait for a fix, or play Witcher for the second time instead in the meanwhile.
Again, I am available if you need any more info about configuration etc.

ava Offline
@Paulcz: I send you a mail yesterday with an exe to try out, didn't you receive this?

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Douglas Adams
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Hello,

unfortunately not - it is possible stupid email service has problem. I will PM you with another email (on google, so hopefully more reliable). Thank you for the support !

apprentice
apprentice
If i have it on extreme i just get a blak screen (only th UI shows) and no matter what i change the resolution too the game wont switch!

What the?!?

Edit: sorry should have read above.

I also can get the game to run if I uncheck match desktop (which wasn't needed before) but it's stretched. It looks like a 4:3 aspect ratio sretched to -6:9

win7 x64, gtx 480, i7 920

Last edited by apoc_reg; 11/12/10 06:36 PM.

----------------------------------------
GTX 480, i7 920, 6GB Dominator, Win7 x64
Steam: apoc_reg, Live: apoc reg, PSN: apoc_reg
M
stranger
stranger
M
Updates please?

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
I just checked email, I received new hopefully fixed exe file from Alex. I will test it as soon as I get home from work (3 hours more..) and give feedback.
Thank Alex btw : ).

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Paulcz

In nVidia control panel, I have "use my display's built in scaling" option selected.

FOV was normal before this latest patch.

You have to set it to "Use Nvidia Scaling"

If it doesn't stay after you hit apply then you have to change your drivers. I found that the only 200+ drivers that work are 257.21. All other version the scaling option doesn't stay selected after clicking apply.

Also, if there is a fixed exe that doesn't bypasses the scaling problem I would love to receive it! I get much better fps on some of my other games with newer drivers!

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
I happily report that new EXE file that Alex sent me indeed fixed the problem - I did not have to change anything in nVidia panel, and FOV is correct in 1920*1200 as it was before the patch.

You can see new screenshot:
http://b.imagehost.org/0688/Divinity2_TRYOUT_2010-12-13_16-49-13-00.jpg

So I assume Larian folks will release the patch the official way soon. Really happy with Larian support!

Last edited by Paulcz; 13/12/10 03:58 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Great! Where can I get the exe please?

----------------------------------------
GTX 480, i7 920, 6GB Dominator, Win7 x64
Steam: apoc_reg, Live: apoc reg, PSN: apoc_reg
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard