Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#428196 20/11/10 08:07 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hello guys !

I own a disk copy of Ego Draconis collector version, and decided to purchase a digital version of Flame of Vengeance. Because it's been a while since I finished the original game, I created a new character in order to play from the begining to the end. I cleared most of the original game, I'm just missing the sigil in broken valley. But when I get there some part of the area are bugged : the lever float mid air (which is weird but not a big deal, I can flip them) however some towers, foes and teleporters are covered by big rocks. I am totally unable to access to Geshmiz or Rayhun...

Is this a known issue ? Is there anything I can do on order for the rocks to disappear to keep playing ?

By the way, I'm french and so is my version of the game.

I hope you can help me !

enthusiast
enthusiast
It is (and it happens for other bosses as well), they are working on a patch. You can send then the saved game to fix it.

See here for details.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks ! I will try to send my savegame.

I also noticed I can't finished the quest "a guild without a master", I kill the first three guys after having taken the quest and then... nothing. The guildmaster says nothing, all doors are locked and no more ennemies... Is this also a known issue ?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think at I have read where someone else encountered it.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I ran into the same problem on the quest "A guild without a master". I entered into the tower. A cinematic with alliance soldiers started. After that, I killed them, went on the top of the tower, met the guild master and accepted his quest (aim was to help them to go out of the tower). Some alliance soldiers popped, I killed them, and after that : nothing...

I'm not able to speak to the guild master and the 3 doors of the tower are locked so I'm totally blocked.

I made a search on the forum about this issue but I didn't found any post talking about it.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Yes, it's exactly what happened to me. It seems that failing the quest however allow us to go outside... But failing on purpose isn't my cup of tea !
I'm waiting for my savegame to be fixed to see if it also fixes this particuliar issue.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi !

I don't want to sound impatient, I just wanted to know if you have found the problem in the savegame I sent to you. In fact, I have some issues with hotmail, and I just want to be sure you didn't sent me a fix savegame. Can't wait to finish ego draconis and begin FOV !

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
As someone with the same problem, can I also check that my email linking to my savegame got there safely?

J'aime le fromage.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Just had a nice reply from a chap in support to say that this will be fixed in the upcoming patch. Yay!

J'aime le fromage.
A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
Flying gg, you might want to resend your mail if you haven't received anything from us yet.

And in response to your question: we figured out what the problem is and it should be fixed in the next patch.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I already sent the mail and received a confirmation from you. But seeing how fast you seem to fix savegames for the others, I was just wondering if you may have sent it back to me without hotmail properly delivering it to me.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Flying gg
I already sent the mail and received a confirmation from you. But seeing how fast you seem to fix savegames for the others, I was just wondering if you may have sent it back to me without hotmail properly delivering it to me.

If I may stick my oar in (again!) it looks like our problem's not the same as the Raze one which requires the savegame to be unbugged; seems it's a problem with our game installation which the patch should fix.

Just in case there is any commonality, I'm using the old DVD-based Ego Draconis installation with patch 1.3 subsequently installed (which worked) and then the digital version of FoV added on, at which point it broke.

I don't think it seems to be a savegame problem as I see the same thing with my old (unbugged) saves from earlier in the year.

Now all we need to do is wait a few more days for the patch to appear. I hate being patient. grin

Last edited by Vometia; 30/11/10 05:08 PM.

J'aime le fromage.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks Vometia, I didn't understand that. I thought the patch would fix the problem but won't be able to fix the savegame.

I used the same install than your (dvd of ego draconis 1.3 + digital FOV) but I didn't keep any savegame of my former charcater while he was in broken valley to check. It's a relief to know I won't have to go through the whole game (while being great I hate doing that because of a bug).

I don't mind being patient, in fact I have tons of pupils to get mad at in order to relieve the impatience ! :p

stranger
stranger
Hello

Just like you.. Divinity Ego Draconis and FOV
and the same bug.. lever float or covered by rocks... i've deleted my save frown

i've posted the same thing in the french forum

i'm french... sorry for my english

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
You souldn't have deleted your savegame. Be patient ! The patch for FOV is soon to be released.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Flying gg
You souldn't have deleted your savegame. Be patient ! The patch for FOV is soon to be released.

Patient? Hmm, it's a word I'm sure I've heard of; wasn't that the premise of one of those ancient philosophers like Socrates or Plato, or maybe some religious movement, perhaps? Patient, patient... no, it's gone, I really don't understand that word as any sort of workable belief or concept. grin

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
Yep, i didn't know that Larian was working on a patch

I thought it was just a little bug

In the same area, i've got a problem with unpowered ba'al
LVL 34 VS LVL 30 for him.. the battle starts and finished in 2 seconds..

So after the patch, i'll start a new game for the third time

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I don't suppose there's an ETA on the FoV patch joining the DKS one...? I'd rather like to progress with the MQ now that I've run out of other stuff to do, but can't enter the mine due to the Broken Valley bugs preventing me from disabling the anti-dragon field.

J'aime le fromage.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Hmm, I wonder...

This is probably asking for trouble with regard to my savegame getting corrupted, but I was wondering what's the likelihood of having two installations of ED, one with FoV and one without, and switching between them as and when I need to do so.

Hazarding a guess, I reckon my save might not even load if I attempt to remove FoV and install ED by itself, but has anyone else tried this?

J'aime le fromage.
S
stranger
stranger
S
No, I have the patch and the problem persists.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard