Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I've read it in a magazine.Is it true?I pay nearly the full price and then I have to play
the maingame (35H) again for the expansion after I got this cliffhanger ending in the first D2?Are you guys serious?Sometimes I think consoleowners are only cashcows because there is'nt enough money to gain in the PC market.I always lived with bad conversations,but this piss take.

Last edited by Arggghhhh Rarrr; 04/12/10 08:20 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Nobody forces you to buy DKS. Ofc you cant use your old saves, considering the game have had a complete makeover.

Oh and btw, you can choose to start with Flames of vengance right away. You don't have to play through ED

Last edited by Dk Slayer; 04/12/10 08:58 AM.
old hand
old hand
Yes...
Due to many reasons, which I'm sure somebody like Raze can go through :O

Yeah nobody forces you to buy it.

Just as I posted on gamefaqs to your reply

Would of been best to ask people who own it... ouch

You can play Flames of Vengeance from the word go. You get the option to play Flames or Ego - any order you like.

The whole game has been remastered for the better in ever area and an all new inventory system with your character now displayed with new icons short links to the kit you wear. It's an amazing package.

In no way is this like a Game Of The Year version, it's like playing a new game. Never has a game been released twice and had this much love added to the original.

Both games share an all new 1000 achievements.

Never trust a magazine!! Across the board DKS has been getting high praise and reviews above 90%. How do you feel now jumping straight in with the bad-mouthing when it was not called for?? think

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Ok,maybe I made a little to much trouble.I enjoyed the first one till to the (end).Since I can play only the expansion I will live with that.I dont have the time and mood to play ED again.However,the possibility not to transfer my hard gained character from ED to the expansion feels like a rip- off.And I'm not the only one whos say this.
I'll buy DKS if it has a price drop.

old hand
old hand
Yeah, no one is forcing him to buy it but what if he WANTS to buy it?

<_<

I felt the same way, I'd spent around 30 hours on my character and would have loved to have played the expansion as him, instead I have to play again and rebuild him and make the same choices I did the first time, to assure they are carried over to the expansion - not a problem though since I enjoy the game. Don't play the expansion Arggghhhh Rarrr straight away, unless you don't care about who you have in your battle tower.

I can understand your feelings of wanting to import your hard work, but I believe the balance of XP has been tuned and tweaked that your old character would not be a correct match for this new remastered version. Even the items you collect and buy have been fine tuned out more. Saying... you may get one or two chances to buy a load of HP potions off a trader but later it will be limited.

I hope you find the strength to play ED again. If not it can always keep for a rainy day. Shop about online for the best prices. I have seen people talk of getting it for 26 pounds new in the UK. I got mine from GAME and cost me 40 pounds - release day. I did not care, I was having this game no matter what. wink

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
@Dungeon Master
The problem is not the Strengh or the money.Its simply the time.My shelf is full of unplayed games and I'm over 30,so there are still other priorities in live.30h+ gaming time = 1 month
But I will play the expansion.I want to see how this game goes on.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard