Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#430614 05/12/10 10:08 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
What could be taking Steam so long to release the updated patch when it has been given to them from the devs of the game itself 3-4 days ago?? I just do not understand the hold-up.

apprentice
apprentice
In another thread on 12/2/2010 Larian said they will probably upload it to steam the next day, meaning 12/3/2010. Since we don't know what time of the day that would have happened if they did send it the next day, at best Steam probably would have started testing on December 4th which is a Saturday, and we don't know if Steam has their patch testing and integration team working on the weekends.

Last edited by eisberg; 05/12/10 10:29 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Eisberg, ive seen patches distributed on steam before the upload confirmation is even sent out to the developer. This is taking longer than it should.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Dranearian
Eisberg, ive seen patches distributed on steam before the upload confirmation is even sent out to the developer. This is taking longer than it should.

How do you know when they get the confirmation? Every time I have seen a developer say they have uploaded the patch to Steam, it would show up on Steam anywhere from 1-5 days later. Some developers even wait to distribute a patch till all versions are ready, meaning Steam, Direct 2 Drive, boxed versions, ect are all ready, so that all customers can get the patches at the same time.

It has only been 1-2 days, depending on when Larian uploaded the patch.

stranger
stranger
I'm getting kind of anxious too, hehehe. That shows we like this one :P

i7-4930K w/ 16GB DDR3RAM
GForce GTX780 @ 1920x1080
Linux! (when possible)
T
stranger
stranger
T
Yeah I was wondering this myself today, especially after my game froze up on me and I had to end task the game.

I decided some time ago, never to buy from steam unless for some reason, I had to. I think I made the right decision. think

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
veteran
veteran
For everyone who don't want to wait for Steam patch:

1. Download the retail patch
2. Extract it with innounp
3. Make copy of your Divinity2.exe
4. Revoke your current activation (run Divinity2.exe with /revoke key)
5. Replace your Divinity2.exe with the latest from patch
6. Copy Patch.dv2 into "..\divinity ii - dragon knight saga\data\Win32\Packed\" directory

Run the game via exe. It will ask you for the key, use your key. Since it's secuROM, the key should be valid as long as it is not in the balck list (so-called "pirated keys").

NOTE: I haven't tried this trick myself. Everything you do is @ your own risk (actually, you lose nothing, but there is always exist some retards that can destroy the whole PC with such simple actions).

P.S. If it does not work then it's clear that secuROm uses different keys for different editions. Which will be weird, coz it was possible to activate russian version of Arcania with EU-keys (secuROM too).

How to return back:
1. Delete both of the copied files.
2. Copy the backup version of the Divinity2.exe
3. Activate and play/wait for the Steam patch.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I'm so tempted to do that but with how many anti-crack measures they put into Div2, I think I'll just continue playing other games until I finally get my patch. The last thing I want to find is that I cannot even jump because they think I have cracked the game. lol

veteran
veteran
Who in the hell told you that this patch contain exe without DRM? I don't understand, really. There is already few ppl who believe in this shit and I have no idea where is this came from.

D
stranger
stranger
D
First calm the hell down. Damn. I didn't say it contained an EXE without DRM so stop making assumptions as to what I mean when you clearly have no clue what I'm talking about. What I'm saying is that there are obviously different versions of the patch for a reason, so taking a retail patch and putting on a digital release of a game could break things if there's anything different between my copy and the one it was intended for.

I seriously don't know why you are always so abrasive to people on this forum, but you do it time and time again with no good reason. I've only been here for a couple weeks now and I've already seen at least a half dozen times where you've gone off on people that were either new to the forum or had a valid point to make but didn't apparently agree with you.

veteran
veteran
Okay, so, if I take it right:

I'm so tempted to do that but with how many anti-crack measures they put into Div2, I think I'll just continue playing other games until

You don't play D2 because it has secuROM ("many anti-crack measures") and you play other games. Okay.

until I finally get my patch.

Wait.
Didn't you just said you don't want to play because it has secuROM protection which WILL NOT BE REMOVED even with a patch?
SENSE. I demand some.
There is a two assumptions: you fail @ plain logic OR you think the patch will remove the protection. Since I'm such a good guy, I don't think all ppl are id... well, bad with logic, so, I picked up the second assumption. Should I go back to the first?

The last thing I want to find is that I cannot even jump because they think I have cracked the game. lol

SURPRISE! The trigger could be.. err.. triggered even in the game with latest patch.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I never said I won't play Div2 until the DRM is removed. I said I'm not playing it until the patch comes out. I've beat the game twice in a month now. What I WANT is to play the game all the way through using the patched changes. That's all I've wanted. Damn, stop taking my words out of the context they were in originally. It wasn't me that was even talking about SecuROM in the first place.

You want some sense? Start learning some reading comprehension first.

Last edited by DeTard; 06/12/10 06:49 PM.
veteran
veteran
Okay, lol, let's pretend we didn't see The last thing I want to find is that I cannot even jump because they think I have cracked the game.

Convo closed.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Right. I wasn't talking about wanting to remove the DRM though. Some other people have, and in other threads have mentioned there was ways of bypassing SecuROM. That wasn't even what I was even suggesting but it was what you were implying I had meant. The ONLY thing I was talking about this whole time was making sure I didn't break anything. Not the removal of anything.

And that was an unintentional typo. What I had meant to say was:
"It wasn't me that was even talking about REMOVING SecuROM in the first place."

Last edited by DeTard; 06/12/10 07:48 PM.
veteran
veteran
Some other people have, and in other threads have mentioned there was ways of bypassing SecuROM

Hmm... what do you mean? Can you linkify me? it looks like I'd miss those posts (sometimes I just scroll down too many replies >_>)

D
stranger
stranger
D
There's no mention of HOW to do it exactly (that'd obviously be against the TOS of these forums), but I didn't have to look far to find people are at least talking about it in the big Steam/SecuROM thread:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=429182

Second post even talks about it there. I'm sure there's probably other posts too, but a lot of people in that thread want it removed. Myself I don't care much, the DRM isn't game-breaking for me, it's other people that are running into issues.

veteran
veteran
Ah that...

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
PATCH IS OUT!!! smile

I had to start the game to force download

Last edited by zonaren; 06/12/10 09:55 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Patch is now up on steam smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard