#426477 15/11/10 02:43 AM
P
Phoynix Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
Any way to turn it off?

I dont remember it being as bad as it is in the orginal ego draconis, but the fog effect ends up washing out all the colour in DKS.
It starts WAY to soon as in even your char has more/less colour depending on how close the camera is to them.

The world would look a hell of alot better(looks good already) if colours wernt being washed out of every thing with the fog, OR the fog at least only kicked in after a reasonble distance.

Infact the ONLY place in real life that has this kinda effect on a daily basis are cities.

example
[Linked Image]

veteran
veteran
No, there is none. I don't think so.

apprentice
apprentice
This effect is normally,go to camping in the mountains and take a look over landscape,you will observe laugh

veteran
veteran
Uhh...
Just finished the tutorial and... WTH! PALE MIST! EVERYWHERE.

Larian, what did you, lol. MY EYES HURTS! Can we have some advanced option in config.xml (or something like that) to remove that fog? I can live with dynamically loading/missing objects on farplane, I swear!

Save our eyes! We need it when we get older!

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
To me, the worst fog is when we first arrive in Broken Valley, but after you enter or bypass the village everything looks considerably better. I don't recall it being too noticeable anywhere else, and Aleroth looks great in FoV.

That one patch of fog makes my eyes water, and I don't even suffer from pollen-related allergies.

I'd rather see the blur removed from dragon flight though. That's silly, but probably done to enhance performance.

old hand
old hand
Is that a moustache?

I agree about the blurriness making your eyes water. Damn that! I was even thinking that playing Divinity II would soon effect my eyes. The colours are VERY bright as well. Who tested the game? Someone who was colour blind? Just kidding!

D
stranger
stranger
D
Care to tell me how you got Crystal Skull so early ingame? Or how did you do to play after completing the game, IF you did? Also, how did you make AA work?

And yea, I do like the fog effect

Last edited by DSabre; 08/12/10 05:15 AM.

IDK what to put here, so don't bother reading it, you're just wasting your time... STOP READING IT!
veteran
veteran
AFAIR, the fog wasn't that bad in D2: Ego DRaconis v1.01. But now it's just... OVERKILL.

veteran
veteran
Wait... why in the hell this thread in Help/Tips/Tricks? :<

Mods, you gonna be fired! :P

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard