Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I have been wondering why there arent any guides or free trainers for this game. Is it because a lot of console gamers hated D2 or because people are lazy? (for the guides)

All the trainers in the world either hate me and Steam or trainers are made by idiotic people that post them on P2P sites or, finally, they have a quiz(which is blocked by my antivirus) or you need to pay via paypal. I am but a 16 year old gamer and have yet to find a hassle free and free trainer or a non-video guide.

I have already beaten the whole DKS but i think a trainer would be fun until I decide to restart. I want a guide so I can max out my player legit next time around.

Some call me a hero, others call me a traiter. I am neither, I am God.
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
The only good trainer for DKS that I've found was on "CheatHappens" - it even has audio feedback in-game. But you need to be a paid up member to get it, and they re-compile each copy with your username embedded so they can track anyone who starts to pirate it.

Still, I would recommend membership - they have a lot of great trainers for many games, and it's important to get trainers from a trusted source since you basically have to disable your anti-virus to get them to run.

There's a wiki for ED (divinity2.wikia.com) - also guides.gamepressure.com/divinityiiegodraconis/ has some good maps, but neither are pefect. I never found anything for FoV though, I guess its still too new.

C
C
There are multiple guides for ED that can be applied for the first part of DKS. There's no change quest-wise except the location of set pieces. The secrets the guides expose are still present in the fortresses although the dungeon crawl has been simplified that many hints on how to disable anti-dragon zones become unnecessary.

I couldn't find a good FoV guide except in German. Most of the secrets are in this forum, but I've compiled a text file myself. You can PM me if you want it.

Personally, I don't see a need to hunt for secrets in the FoV part of DKS. The best weapons can be purchased directly from vendors. If you already know how to obtain the FoV armor sets, you already have the best matching armor. The real worth of a FoV guide would be to get that very last skill and stat point.

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
I used Gamefaq's guides until I was familiar with the ED campaign. They have one that is a huge reference for things like where Malachite gems can be obtained, skill books, stat points, dragon armor, etc.

Another one is a walk-through and is quite thorough. The quest rewards probably aren't accurate anymore, and as was mentioned most of the anti-dragon zones were removed from the latter portions of the game, making fortresses a bit easier to handle. Still a good guide if you're looking for quest and mind-reading info.

Interestingly, once I was familiar with ED, FoV proved easy to figure out, for the most part. If you need help with something search the Hints & Tips forum, and if you can't find it that way, ask others.

Last edited by Endurium; 08/12/10 07:12 AM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard