Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#431436 10/12/10 11:31 PM
Grifter Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So in case anyone is wondering why they haven't been able to complete specific armor sets, it's because the armor is generated randomly as you approach the chest. If you quick save from a further distance away, you can keep reloading until the item changes to something more favorable. Quite honestly it's a waste of time - EXCEPT if you're about to open something you know has legendary or heroic equipment in it.

Thing I want to know though, is if anyone has a list or knows what the best sets of armor or weapons are for each class or ones that exist in the game? Which ones can be enchanted for the best possible combinations?

If you can't answer the question or give a location for a guide on that, maybe just tell me what the best kind of weapons and armor that exist for a dual wielding fighter. I've been able to get to Orbajas Fjord pretty easily with only 5 points spent in Life Leech and Bleed and some pretty good swords.

I have a Blood Sword which deals 15-45 damage I believe, but has a +65 melee damage enchantment. Just wondering what else is out there before I pillage through this next part of the game. I haven't even begun to look into what the malachite gems can do but I have three up to this point and a bunch of ores.

C
C
AFAIK the armor sets are not random. They're not in the same place in DKS as ED, but not random. The other items are procedurally generated so they will vary. Some armor pieces require you to complete optional puzzles and locate hidden chests.

The best way to get a weapon is to find the weapon with the best base stats. Personally, I've found the best items at vendors. This is especially true in FoV where vendors are selling named (gold) items with ridiculous stats.

Next look for weapons that have good enchants on them. Early on you won't have many opportunities to pick up the enchants themselves so what you can do is disenchant items that have so-so base stats but awesome enchants. Disenchanting a weapon allows your smith to learn enchantment. You can then apply the enchantment to another item.

Malachite is used for the top tier (Level 10) enchants. You should always keep as much malachite as possible. There is a limited amount of malachite available in the game. If you are presented with an opportunity to buy it, always do so. However, its less important once you reach FoV since there are many more opportunities to obtain malachite.

Grifter Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
This is untrue. If you quicksave from a far distance before mining Malachite veins, you can collect up to 4 gems per vein, though it is very rare. It takes lots of patience, but its not uncommon to grab 2 from one vein. Same with armor you win from battles and quests.

The results are the same as per the EXP and gold, and the QUALITY of the item. AKA - 1 legendary item or 1 heroic item. But not the enchantments or stats that come with it. This is why I save before I loot anything I know is going to yield big returns.

old hand
old hand
Well you dont actually need to stay far from malachite ore vein or normal chest for the reload purpose. You can save right next the vein to quick save and quick load. As long as your pointer didnt interact with the vein, the content of the veins and normal chest will still be randomize.

To be honest quick save and load for chest and quest rewards is kinda wasting time in DKS, as one can easily access to good grade items even at the early stage of the game. Black smith in broken valley already selling heroic grade item. Once you reach orobas fjord and disable the anti dragon force field, straight complete the zappelin quest and you can already buy legendary grade gear from weapon smith in aleroth. I think only locked chest which confirm to provide elder grade items might worth spending some time on it only

As for malachite vein, basically we wont need much malachite gem also. 2 from each veins will be enough to sustain. I think it only worth for weapon damage enchantments only. Accessories regen enchantment in my opinion can be skip as well, since using potions with high potion efficiency will be a better choice.

Grifter Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks that was good information to know.

Does anyone still have a list though of what the best types of rare/legendary etc. weapons/armor that exist?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Grifter
Thanks that was good information to know.

Does anyone still have a list though of what the best types of rare/legendary etc. weapons/armor that exist?

EDIT: I just realized you were looking specifically for items in the (I think) Broken Valley/Fjords area. Some of my response will not really apply, but I typed it all out, so whatever. Haha. stupid

For me in the Broken Valley, the best setup was full Wild Dwellers gear and weapon. Due to the bonuses this was the best gear I had until after I found most of the Ranger set in O.F. I know there is a Magic/Melee set as well you can find in B.V. which is probably the same case.

----------------------------------

I have yet to find a complete database of the correct locations of the set items, however if you ask here, there are people who will tell you where all of the items in a certain set are.

As far as the best types go, it's class specific, and by the end of the game, you probably won't be using an item set as opposed to a custom set made up of Unique, (these are the best items you can get as far as stat allocation, charm slots, and enchantment slots) Epic (second best) and special gold items sold by the vendors in Aleroth in FoV. Also, it will be near impossible to obtain a "best" set due to the fact many of the Unique rated items you will want will have a random chance occurrence of dropping or showing up at a vendor.

Even if it were possible to get every item exactly by chance, it would take quite a bit of foot work to figure out what the most optimal gear setup for each class is because you have to factor in things such as the fact that your 4 main stats cap at 100 and Conditioned Body, Heightened Reflexes, and Indomitable Will, all cap at 75% and get no further benefit beyond that cap. (Someone correct me if I am wrong here and your character actually still gets a benefit beyond the 100 and 75% cap the character screen shows.) Not to mention, the game allows you to play hybrid styles and there is no saying you have to be 100% warrior, or 100% mage, etc.

So loading up on just one stat would eventually be pointless and a waste. Basically, whatever gear gets you capped in your main damage stat, Vitality, and as high in resistances as possible is the best set you can find.

Last edited by Ailurophile; 13/12/10 09:23 AM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard