Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Grim Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
G
Upgraded to a new computer and have no problems running Divine Divinity or Beyond Divinity (even Diablo runs fine) but after installing Divinity II - Ego Draconis (including latest patch and DirectX) all I get is a black screen and a message that says "Error Initializing Divinity 2, Couldn't Create Renderer" I can't get rid of the black screen and error message unless I bring up the Task Manager and cancel the error message manually.

My new computer specs are:
Windows 7 - Ultimate 32-Bit Install
nVIDIA GeForce 465 Video Card 1,024Mb DDR5
MSI X58 Pro-E Motherboard 4Gb DDR3
Intel Core i7-950
1Tb Hard Drive
Cooler Master 750W ATX Power Supply

I have lowered my screen resolution from 1680x1050 all the way down to 800x600 - does not help
I have closed windows Firewall and Virus protection entirely - Does not help
In Windows7 I have turned the User Account Control Settings all the way to OFF - Does not help
I have uninstalled/reinstalled the software (including patch and PhysX from DVD) - Does not help

Any suggestions please ??? Thank You.

G
Grim Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
G
Problem resolved. Thanks for the tip on checkmarking the "Disable Desktop Composition" and "Run as Administrator" in the desktop Icon properties menu. So far so good....

Support
Support

There was also a suggestion in the topic First Aid Kit for Divinity II.

If you get the error message "couldn't create renderer", change your desktop resolution to a lower resolution, and try starting the game. In the game's options screen, check the box that says "don't use desktop resolution" and apply.

G
Grim Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
G
Thanks Raze. Unfortunately that tip did not work for me because 1) I lowered the desktop resolution in steps all the way down to 800x600 and it didn't help. 2) I could never even get to the game options screen to check a box. I actually did not realize that the checkbox is now available through the desktop icon preferences. Windows7 has added 3 more tabs and several new checkboxes to Icon preferences, very handy in this case.

apprentice
apprentice
i have a similar erorr, however what I did is just reinstall it and didn't know what to check r not t to check. At the very end of course I got the could not render error. After pressing the divinitiy icon i got "divinity is still running". Then I wentback to the desktop (which was black by the way) and pressed the divinity icon and again got divinity is still running. I am very upset with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Conan stood paralyzed in the disruption of the faculties which demoralizes anyone who is confronted by an impossible negation of sanity.

veteran
veteran
Hello to both,

It is possible that DirectX9.0c is not installed or that there are no drivers installed for the graphics card. Please run the support tool for this game and send us the report. We can then verify what the problem is exactly, and help you further.

Download the Support Tool
Email the report to support@larian.com

Could you please refer to this forum thread too?

Thank you,
Lynn

apprentice
apprentice
I mad sure to update nvidia drivers c++, Physx and Direct9 to the latest possible versions but I will certainly try this. As I was lamenting over my game, I started to notice a few other weird things happening and wondered if my system was just becoming toast. I tried to reformat but it wouldn't let me!! Now I am VERY not happy.

Conan stood paralyzed in the disruption of the faculties which demoralizes anyone who is confronted by an impossible negation of sanity.

veteran
veteran
Cyrion, please send the report as I mentioned in my post above to support@larian.com Could you please reference this forum thread? Thank you, Lynn.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard