Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I had mindreading to level 15 before the hall of echoes - that was before patch 1 though, they might have changed it since.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Further to my last post - I'm pretty sure that the only skills I could upgrade further in FoV were lockpicking and regeneration (at least out of the ones I used).

Are you sure you can't train it to level 15 after the second skill upgrade? You need to buy level 13 first, then level 15 should be available.

Also, I chose the female trainer - maybe the male one isn't as skilled? I've wandered if there were differences in the max skill levels between the trainers, but have only played the game through once.

Support
Support

In D2:ED the only difference between the two trainers (other than quests) was the cost to increase the level caps for skills.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Darien
It's possible they rebalanced it with DKS so that it requires level 15 to have no-cost mindreading, whereas in ED it might have required 13.

So maybe if I don´t get the latest patches I´ll still be able to mindread without cost? Maybe I already have them patches...

Last edited by MC VS ARBITER; 14/01/11 11:26 AM.

What is the value of life, without God, if no one created the value but mankind. Answer is no value...
Except from when playing D2:DKS!!!
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Trippy
Further to my last post - I'm pretty sure that the only skills I could upgrade further in FoV were lockpicking and regeneration (at least out of the ones I used).

Are you sure you can't train it to level 15 after the second skill upgrade? You need to buy level 13 first, then level 15 should be available.

Also, I chose the female trainer - maybe the male one isn't as skilled? I've wandered if there were differences in the max skill levels between the trainers, but have only played the game through once.

I also chose her, both times.

What is the value of life, without God, if no one created the value but mankind. Answer is no value...
enthusiast
enthusiast
The only difference between Hermosa and Kenneth is that Hermosa is nicer to look at and the quests the two send you on. Their skills are equal, despite the incident back at the beach.

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Shaver
The only difference between Hermosa and Kenneth is that Hermosa is nicer to look at and the quests the two send you on. Their skills are equal, despite the incident back at the beach.

HAHA, lol, indeed, lol. So there is no other difference? What beach?

Support
Support

The prices to raise skill caps are different between the two trainers (IIRC Hermosa is a little cheaper with warrior skills, while Kenneth is cheaper with mage skills). That isn't much of a practical difference, though, since by the time you get the battle tower you should have plenty of gold, and can easily farm more with your runners (sending them for diamonds and malachite ore to sell).

Talking to Kenneth on the beach when you start off on Sentinel Island, he can ask you to issue a challenge of a duel to the death to the other trainer. If you agree to this and pass the message on, Hermosa will agree. Kenneth will try to back out when he finds out the other trainer is a woman (if you tell him earlier he will not propose the duel), but if you insist on the fight taking place, Hermosa will win.

apprentice
apprentice
I mindread everyone without saving and loading.

Delicious flavour text and jokes at the cost of delaying your level gains slightly are worth it, but playing an superbly geared= melee warrior that can life/mana leech and kill faster than enemies could damage him does help with just being able to throw precious XP around.

I do skip out on useless mindreads on my magic oriented character.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard