Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
If they couldn't fix it since Ego Draconis then this game needs to change engine completly to make it playable...

Life is an eternal search...
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Raze

Where did he say they would fix it in a few days? What makes you think they only just started looking at this issue?

where did i say i expected a release in a couple days? eta = estimated time of arrival, not COOL RELEASE TOMORROW! and no where did i say i thought they just started, but 10 months with an issue a fair group of people have is not cool

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by mikes

Where did he say they would fix it in a few days? What makes you think they only just started looking at this issue?

where did i say i expected a release in a couple days? eta = estimated time of arrival, not COOL RELEASE TOMORROW! and no where did i say i thought they just started, but 10 months with an issue a fair group of people have is not cool

He was replying to the post above yours... (which is why I have taken to quoting something from posts I am replying to on all forums)

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Gwenio

He was replying to the post above yours... (which is why I have taken to quoting something from posts I am replying to on all forums)

go back to his post and check the re:mikes part :]

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Gwenio

go back to his post and check the re:mikes part :]

The quick reply seems to target the latest post, I assume he used that.

Support
Support

Sorry for the confusion, but I was relying to Luki, and that is shown in my post ([Re: LUKI]). I would have quoted something, but when I opened the topic, Mikes had not posted yet, and I may not have checked for new posts before I made my reply.

stranger
stranger
Hey folks,

I'm not sure if this has ever been posted elsewhere or if I'm the only person to have this issue but...

I started up the Dragon Knight Saga for the first time last night and set my display options to custom.

I had everything checked except Lockstep Mode and Timeslice Animation Update.

My resolution was 1680x1050(native resolution for my 22" monitor).

I started the game and the intro movie played fine...but when I got to the character screen, only the interface was visible. Only very distorted graphics were visible in the background. The screen was pink and blue and I could only barely see what looked like my character's head off to one side. Everything else was a mess.

I tried changing various settings like AA, Timeslice, anisotrophic filtering and detail level. Nothing helped. Finally I dropped my resolution to 1024x768 and the display no longer came up distorted. I tried other resolutions but that was the only one that would work.

Finally, I unchecked the box User Interface in Desktop Resolution, and the game came up fine. I've since set all my settings back to max(shadows at medium) and the game displays fine.

My specs are: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200, 4GB of RAM, Geforce GTX 260 and Windows XP Service Pack 2

nVidia driver version 197.45

I'm not sure why unchecking that box would make a difference. My desktop resolution is the same as my game resolution so there should be no problem with this.

apprentice
apprentice
Could my computer run this game well?

CPU- AMD Turion X2 Ultra Duo-Core Mobile ZM-85 2.4 Ghz
RAM- 4 Gigs
GPU- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 Series (512 MB)

old hand
old hand
@Slashman - you should get the beta patches for DKS (they'll be upgraded to official today I think). Most likely your problem will be solved then.

@XXGreenYxX: A demo will be out shortly (I hope this week) so you'll be able to try it first.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm having a bit of trouble with getting the game to render properly, for me cutscenes are all fine, but during the game itself I cannot see the menus - it comes out as pixelated colour bits but partially rendered. but the background/scenery/characters all look fine, just can't read the menus and hence can't play frown for example i try to look at my inventory, i can see the tabs on the top for equipment i guess, and see my equips but cant actually see any ok/accept buttons on the bottom and the text is unreadable

according to the minimum requirements it says ATI Radeon 1600 or higher, mine is ATI Radeon 1700 (512MB)
using 1024 x 768 in game i think
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5600 @ 1.83GHz

is there any solution or driver to download or any settings i can tweak, short of buying a new graphics card? :o

Last edited by shadowfrost; 25/12/10 04:24 PM.
old hand
old hand
Shadowfrost, have you installed the latest patch?

Tweeting @forktong
S
stranger
stranger
S
I think I have, as I bought the game off Steam yesterday (christmas day!) and I think Steam should have auto updated it like it does for other games, but I'm not sure. Is there a way to check?

I tried playing it on my sister's maxed out computer and it works perfectly fine, so I'm pretty sure its from my graphics card being too old

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard