Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I quite liked the Gothic 4 demo, but sadly the moment had passed by the time the game was eventually released and my interest was never rekindled.

I do think that whoever voiced the witch should probably have their vocal cords removed, though!

J'aime le fromage.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Trippy
@Felelorn - you actually liked Gothic 4 Arcania? I played it before I played DKS, and the only memorable part of the game was the awful voice acting - the screetch of "A Stranger?! Here!!" will echo in my ears for a long time to come...

Oh ya the voice acting was horrible on every level possible... but the actual game I enjoyed. Just wish it was not so linear.

addict
addict
I enjoyed Arcania: Gothic IV a ton as well. I thought some acting was decent (the main character and a few others), while the rest of it was horrific.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Even though some of the voice acting was bad, Gothic 4 was still a good game to play.. I personally didnt get the game for the voice acting.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I am waiting for the 360 version so bad! Come on publishers D:!

I hope the game is released before February xD

You see, I'm gonna buy a game for my birhday (a gift from me to me)
So I got the eye in the Dragon Knight Saga or Red Dead Redemption (which will obviously win as the game of the year)

So if it is not released before february... Well you guess what happens...

Last edited by Dragoon Knight; 18/12/10 09:33 PM.
Dae Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Am I the only one who found the Gothic 4 story severely lacking?
Course maybe thats because I never played the first 3 gothic games hahaha

So many developers still havent gotten a grasp on the idea that sequels should both:
1. be a continuation of the previous games
2. reiterate the back story or start a completely new story with references to the previous games so that new players actually know what the h3ll is going on.

Gothic 4 for lacked #2 IMO. It should have been called Gothic 3, part 2.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
It shouldn't have been called Gothic 4 at all. Reviews would have been much more generous. They realised it, and the add-on Arcania: Fall of Setariff doesn't have G4 in a title. They say they started a new Arcania franchize, while what will happen with Gothic title now is undetermined.

I like Arcania, btw. Definitely not Gothic game, but kinda nice.

Last edited by vivaxardas; 18/12/10 09:59 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Dae
Am I the only one who found the Gothic 4 story severely lacking?
Course maybe thats because I never played the first 3 gothic games hahaha

So many developers still havent gotten a grasp on the idea that sequels should both:
1. be a continuation of the previous games
2. reiterate the back story or start a completely new story with references to the previous games so that new players actually know what the h3ll is going on.

Gothic 4 for lacked #2 IMO. It should have been called Gothic 3, part 2.

Ya the story was not very good because there is a few times where the story is broken and does not go anywhere, among other things. But I enjoyed the gameplay..

Just a matter of time now. Far too great of a game not to be released in the US with all of the new content.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I hope we get some news as to when its getting published here in the USA.. Maybe when the new year kicks in we will have an answer??? rpg001

apprentice
apprentice
saw the PC version was 33% off on Steam so I picked it up and will still buy the 360 version... guess I know what I am doing for the next week or two... laugh

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by KingMafiaIV
I hope we get some news as to when its getting published here in the USA.. Maybe when the new year kicks in we will have an answer??? rpg001

My guess is there is no publisher willing to bring this game over to the USA. It only appears to be a select number of people on here that want the game. So I guess if I was a publisher and I saw on some different forums that a total of 150 people showed interest in the Xbox 360 version, well I guess I would pass.

I have no problems playing Ego Draconis so I will keep on with that one.

Larian could always bring out some form of Downloadable Content for Xbox live?

I really want DKS but it doesnt look good sad

B
stranger
stranger
B

My guess is there is no publisher willing to bring this game over to the USA. It only appears to be a select number of people on here that want the game. So I guess if I was a publisher and I saw on some different forums that a total of 150 people showed interest in the Xbox 360 version, well I guess I would pass.

I have no problems playing Ego Draconis so I will keep on with that one.

Larian could always bring out some form of Downloadable Content for Xbox live?

I really want DKS but it doesnt look good sad

Get out. nao.

Bring The XB360 Version Of DKS To USA
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice

Get out. nao.[/quote]

Get Out? huh??

old hand
old hand
Actually, the contracts for the US are about to be signed and the process for submitting it to Microsoft USA has started smile I think an announcement will be made beginning of next year on when the game will be released in the US.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Actually, the contracts for the US are about to be signed and the process for submitting it to Microsoft USA has started smile I think an announcement will be made beginning of next year on when the game will be released in the US.

Thats AWESOME news!!!!!!! I just read this little note on the Divinity facebook page:

Divinity 2: Ego Draconis The Xbox 360 demo is available only on the European Xbox LIVE® Network. The full game will be released in the United States Q1 2011, on Xbox 360 and PC.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! claphands horsey thankyou

apprentice
apprentice

WooHoo!!! TY TY this is great news...

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Please, try not to jinx it by early announcments. wink

B
stranger
stranger
B

You have made my Christmas magical.

I thank you, kind sir. thankyou

Bring The XB360 Version Of DKS To USA
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by bring_dks_to_usa

You have made my Christmas magical.

I thank you, kind sir. thankyou

Yes sir indeed

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard