Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Looks like a BiG Happy xmas from Larian Studios to XBOX 360 users!! claphands

Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga Demo has just gone Live on Xbox LiVE market place. She's 2GIG.

Piccy: http://i54.tinypic.com/64f7uc.jpg

Share the news and spread the word.

PS. I have the full game so no need for it, tell us your thoughts on the demo. Hope you enjoy!! cheer

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
addict
addict
You're in the UK? I'm guessing the demo isn't released in the US, then, because I don't see it.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Yeah, the demo is UK only. frown

Bring The XB360 Version Of DKS To USA
apprentice
apprentice
Gahhh, I instantly turned my xbox on then just read the rest of the thread :-(

stranger
stranger
Would LOVE to play it but i cant.

i hate Xbox, the demos are only for Gold users.

the rest of us have to wait 1-2 weeks before it gets unlocked.

i hate Microsoft......

Last edited by Tlaw616; 24/12/10 08:17 AM.
OP Offline
Sorry guys I had no idea. down

Can you not create a UK region gamertag & it would allow 1 months XBL gold to grab it???

Really sorry, a demo is a demo - why you guys don't have it is unbelievable. Maybe the publisher for the european version is linked to it from say the intro loading screens?

Sorry again. frown

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Dungeon Master
Sorry guys I had no idea. down

Can you not create a UK region gamertag & it would allow 1 months XBL gold to grab it???

Really sorry, a demo is a demo - why you guys don't have it is unbelievable. Maybe the publisher for the european version is linked to it from say the intro loading screens?

Sorry again. frown

You're a genius! Haha. I forgot we can do that. Last time I did it, I still had to wait I thought though even though it was a one month gold; I think I had to wait untill silver accounts could get it.

Last edited by XxGREENYxX; 24/12/10 05:00 PM.
addict
addict
Used my last free 1 month subscription account to get Earthworm Jim for free on the Japanese Marketplace a few weeks back. Oh well. I shall wait.

Last edited by Libertarian; 24/12/10 05:04 PM.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
stranger
stranger
dont worry its not anyones fault.... well except Microsoft for being greedy bastards, and want everyone to pay $59.99 a year just to play online, which i might add on PS3 is FREE...

anyways, i dont think they give out free gold member trials no more, im not sure, last time i tried that it didnt work out.

but im gonna try again.

i must play this game!! smile

EDIT

OMG it worked, i created a new xbox live account for UK and it gave me a gold 1 month free.

its downloading now YES!!!!!!

now the waiting game.......

Last edited by Tlaw616; 24/12/10 10:49 PM.
OP Offline
Last time I fired up a dummy gamertag it gave me 1 month gold for free. hahaha

Nice to know that feature is still active. ENJOY!!!!!!!! horsey

addict
addict
A demo for Gray Matter is totally out! :o

I just downloaded it, while I wait for a North American release. I have to wait on the Dragon Knight Saga demo until it's available to Silver. I wish my US Gold subscription was good on a global scale. frown

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
apprentice
apprentice
So, ONLY UK can download it? Only? Not entire Europe?

What is the value of life, without God, if no one created the value but mankind. Answer is no value...
Except from when playing D2:DKS!!!
B
stranger
stranger
B
I made a UK XBL account and it worked. Got a one month Gold membership free and downloaded the demo.

If you don't know how to make a UK XBL account, all you have to do is make a free Hotmail account and then use a UK postal code when you set up the account. Easy.

Bring The XB360 Version Of DKS To USA
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Actually, it is even easier. You can, just like I did, create one more profile right on the xbox, and during confirmation change your country from Unated States to United Kingdom. You will get 1 month trial Gold account, and when you sign in, you'll be on Live UK. You can switch between profiles as much as you want.

BTW, can you in Larian make the full game available for download from Live UK? It will great.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by vivaxardas
Actually, it is even easier. You can, just like I did, create one more profile right on the xbox, and during confirmation change your country from Unated States to United Kingdom. You will get 1 month trial Gold account, and when you sign in, you'll be on Live UK. You can switch between profiles as much as you want.

BTW, can you in Larian make the full game available for download from Live UK? It will great.

Give it 6 months who knows... Red Dead Redemption is now on Game on Demand. Depends I guess how much of a cut M$ wan't to take for the service.

old hand
old hand
Demo is available in Europe, not just UK. Don't forget to rate it smile

Making the full game available on the Live Store is something the publisher should look into.

Tweeting @forktong
OP Offline
I guess no harm can be done...

If you need a UK postal code then SO19 8AT should get you on your way - Area is Southampton, Hampshire and the land where the Titanic's maiden voyage started from. Pick a house number and you could be on a roll. I used to live in Cleethorpes Road as a kid. wink

Thats S letter O 19 for Southampton - and not S ZERO 19.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by ForkTong
Demo is available in Europe, not just UK. Don't forget to rate it smile

Making the full game available on the Live Store is something the publisher should look into.

True, it's available.
I played the demo from Netherlands and in about 3 hours I'm heading into town to buy the full X360 retail version.

OP Offline
**Bump**

I mean... some demo players have said the DKS demo save games do not work with the full retail release of Divinity II: DKS so don't go setting your heart on some ultimate & epic demo run as it will not work.

old hand
old hand
Sadly it seems my love for Div II has been lost.
I seriously cannot get into the game, it doesn't appeal to me, as much as it once did despite me not finishing the original edition of the game,
I've not played the original version for months, in fact I no longer have it and compared to the demo I don't see any Major Graphical differences, things such as Armor seem glossier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard