Next Thread
Print Thread
#433118 27/12/10 04:35 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Ok so im stuck at the part where i fight Amdusias and i realized that after you mind read him he gives you the password to his chest where his armor is stored but i saved the game at the alter so the only time i can mindread is when i change him to human again where he kicks my a** and i dont know what to do. Can anyone give me some advice?!

journeyman
journeyman
You can mind read him when he is a dragon. Stick your head in for an initial talk and mindread him then.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
well thats my problem. i didnt mindread him and i saved the game afterward so now i can only mindread him when i change him human. Then he kills me lol

enthusiast
enthusiast
This is one game I had to abuse save/reload to its max. Amdusias is an important stage in the game so, you should have a hard save just before entering the Blood Altar for the first time. I know that's water under the bridge now but I 'm saying that for future. If in doubt, save every time you level up.

As for the situation at hand, all I can suggest is to lower the difficulty level for that particular fight. You cannot advance unless you beat him.

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
Han Offline
stranger
stranger
I recommend you to focus on other side quests.. After comleting some quests, with better items you can slash him !

That's what I did smile

Han #433167 27/12/10 01:39 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
True! All the side quests should have been done by the time you're at that stege.

Han Offline
stranger
stranger
Also, for XP bonus you can travel Orobas Fjords if you trust your charachter smile

Han #433180 27/12/10 02:19 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Very good point Han. He MUST do that anyway to clear around the very first waypoint shrine in the Fjords. Because if he doesn't...
...the ambush there will oblitirate him, when he first goes there from the Battletower.

Just walking down to the water on that path will give him 2 levels, easy cool2

O
apprentice
apprentice
O
Mind reading him for his chest password will not affect the battle..the helmet isn't that great either. So no real loss. Nothing special.

To kill him after changing him to his human form, try to get him to come towards you and use the dips in the bridge as cover. His most devastating attacks are ranged. Fight on the bridge...the altar area is asking for a whooping.

Close up in melee he goes down real fast.

Use summons / creature as fodder to close the gap with a distraction...as all enemy will attack summoned beings first.

I kept getting my rear handed to me by his ranged attacks..couldn't even get close to the altar. Then I realized the bridge is more defensible and the dips allow for cover and the opportunity to get in close fast without getting nailed from across the room.

My lvl 13 fighter had no problem shredding him up close...didn't even need summons.

And again the loot from his chest is nothing special...

Seems they toned down loot drops with the latest patch...

People say I'm crazy..but the voices in my head say I'm just fine.
journeyman
journeyman
fighting him is in the maxos temple did you complete any other quest in broken valley???? if not then it might be wise to do that first;)

I'm not God, but I'm close

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard