Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#432697 23/12/10 01:19 AM
Rewmac Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
First of let me say this, I play this on the 360. Seriously guys this is one of the best games I played with in the last 5-6 years, actually I think it's the most complex action RPG. The topic and story is like amazing even if I drop the story for side-quests and then continue I still know what's going on and there are a lot to do besides the story. I love the abilities and the weapons which are very important to me in a game. My only problem is there aren't really waypoints to show where I have to go on a side-quest or where to acquire one and sometimes I feel lost, but that's just a little. I haven't played the original Divinity 2, but seriously thumbs up, more games like this should be made. It seems to me that European developer teams have more creative ideas and better games then the US devs. Mostly because the US produces FPS games which are more than straight forward easy stuff, but it I think even that this generation of gaming isn't really for RPG (meaning the mainstream players) good games still come out. With this kind of huge amount of content and amped graphics this should be GOTY. Framrate never actually drops a huge amount to the normal and that seems unique, most RPG have serious framrate issues, I'm not saying DSK is perfect, but it runs very good. I really hope that this keeps up and you guys keep bringing DLCs and/or new games. I just wanted to tell you behind the game, that I'm really glad I could get this game before X-Mas (my country isn't selling it) it's a new feeling, I love it.

old hand
old hand
Thank you Rewmac - the game is coming to the US early next year so I hope more gamers will feel like you do.

Rewmac Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm not from the US smile But Divinity should really strike in the market. It would be time to show that games aren't just FPS or car racing games, Divinity should be a more hyped title in the future. What I think is that most hyped games now days are generic and games which are unique don't get hyped (Divinity) I wish you all success for the future.

B
B
I was pleasantly surprised with this game as well. I downloaded, then bought it, after I read a review on www.somethingawful.com. It's a satirical, humorous site that usually likes to bash everything, but this was quite a positive review. This is the link:

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/video-game-article/dragon-knight-saga.php

Overall a great experience. One thing I took issue with is the lack of a sizeable town in the first part (Ego Draconis), it's always cool to have an urban setting where you can just walk around, talk and trade. Another thing is that some of the quests were quite frustrating in that you often had no idea what you were supposed to do or where you were supposed to go, so I often had to look up hints on the internet. Other than these minor issues, a wonderful game. Kudos to the voice acting in particular, which was consistently superb. I was surprised when I found out that this game was not only developed by a relatively minor company, it was made in Flanders as well. Made my day, being Flemish myself. smile

Last edited by Bittereinder; 24/12/10 03:59 AM.
stranger
stranger
Yeah I got this at a bonus with a 60% discount (hard copy) of Divinity II Ego when I bought other games from an online store.

Had it for about a month not thinking it was going to be all that great, well opened it up installed and played it for about 12 hours, and then saw that they had an expansion, and also the full knight Saga had both and also improved engine.

Hmmm, get the add on or the full version, not a hard choice.

Needless to say I went back online bought the Knight Saga, and going to send the Dviinity II Ego (HC) to a friend to have.

The game is really fantastic.

good thing i only played one of each class to about level 10 or so.

i7 Extreme 965 bloomfield 3.20GHz
Asus rampage Ii Extreme
12Gb of Corsair ram CM3X2G1600C8D
nvidia Geforce GTX 285 (soon to be upgraded)
win 7 64 bit

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard