Print Thread
#433438 29/12/10 06:44 PM
O
OmYcroN Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
I can't finish the quest "Hearttaker" (it never finishes ?!). If i take the Battle Tower the quest fails. Will there be a patch to resolve this problem ? But for now is there any chance that i can finish it ?

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I'm not sure "Hearttaker" can actually be finished. I remember getting a proper quest reward when I turned in my first goblin heart, but after that I just got a small chunk of XP and gold for each new heart. So I assumed that the quest was basically 'complete' after the first turn-in, but it stayed in your log in case you found other hearts.

It's possible that I missed some Goblins, and if I'd found them the quest might have been officially 'complete', but I wouldn't worry - the XP and gold from extra hearts wasn't much anyway.

Trippy #433452 29/12/10 10:45 PM
O
OmYcroN Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
It's not that. This is an bug from original Ego Draconis and this is The Saga. Nobody has repaired this bug ? It is a bug because the quest can't be finished and it fails when the quest giver dies. I hope that PATCH#3 will resolve it. It's an ignored bug groovy ?

O
apprentice
apprentice
O
It may be a bug..but it's not that big of deal.

Get bored returning Goblin hearts for 50 gold when I have 40k already and nothing to spend it on.
And I'm sure if it ever did complete the reward would be next to useless..

Unless it was a + 10 Vorpal Sword of Smiting or something.

This is one bug they can keep...

Personally I can't wait until Richard is whacked just so the quest goes away...

People say I'm crazy..but the voices in my head say I'm just fine.
enthusiast
enthusiast
That quest is an ongoing quest and cannot be finished. The quest was completed and you received your reward when you turned in your very first heart.
It pays to mindread him before you turn in that first heart. The quest pays off the mindreading cost and from then on, you get triple gold and exp for each heart you turn in.

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
journeyman
journeyman
its an ongoing mission. dont kill richard.

hQ62 #433602 31/12/10 06:28 PM
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by hQ62
its an ongoing mission. dont kill richard.

Does this mean you can kill Richard if you want to? I thought he could only be killed by "natural" causes? (assuming poisonous gas is "natural").

Trippy #433604 31/12/10 06:38 PM
journeyman
journeyman
well yeah. its an option. whether you want to side with the seekers or with richard.(quest is theres a famine in rivertown) see what items richard drop. then you are to be blamed after killing richard in the flames of vengence when i think you rescue anne from general luxurious. haha

but i think you already know, isnt it??

hQ62 #433609 31/12/10 08:09 PM
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T

I wish I did know, but so far I've only played the game through once, so I'm still just an ameteur. I keep posting on these forums because I think it's a great community (and I enjoy helping where I can), but if you really want intelligent answers then you should be relying on more experienced members (like Shaver).

I'll definitely try it out next time I play it. I'm sure this game deserves a second play-through, even though I haven't replayed an RPG since "Knights of the Old Republic".

Trippy #433842 02/01/11 02:25 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Wow, thank you for the kind words Trippy <blushes>
I'm rather new also and not all that experienced. Perhaps I may be a bit more observant than some, that's all. I love this community and that's why I try to lend a helping hand when I can... just like you smile

I'd like to close by quoting Bellegar's famous last rhyme:

"Cursed be the mother that bred thee!
The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!"
hQ62 #433867 02/01/11 05:37 PM
apprentice
apprentice
well yeah. its an option. whether you want to side with the seekers or with richard.(quest is theres a famine in rivertown) see what items richard drop. then you are to be blamed after killing richard in the flames of vengence when i think you rescue anne from general luxurious. haha

In fact I killed Richard (I got an instant dislike of the character and it was a pleasure to slit his throat) and never heard a word about it in FOV. Even when speaking with Anne (I convinced her to broke up with her lover, I'm that gentle).

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard