Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I quite like it zooming out when looking down: saves the RSI-inducing scroll wheel! I've played a few other games that do the same thing, though typically now that the subject has come up I can't remember which ones specifically. Bummer.

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Vometia
I quite like it zooming out when looking down: saves the RSI-inducing scroll wheel! I've played a few other games that do the same thing, though typically now that the subject has come up I can't remember which ones specifically. Bummer.

As far as I remember, Titan Quest do the same.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
A simple switchable first / third person camera would keep everyone happy, me included as the zooming out when looking down drives me nuts.

Come on Larian, you've already made most other game studio's look like a bunch of beginners, surely you can knock out a switchable camera.

Can ya, huh, please ?

P
stranger
stranger
P
I was put off by the camera in ED... I not bought DKS and are dissappointed to find the camera has not improved... Why is the console versions camera fine?

Has anyone tried it with a XBOX 360 controller for Windows?

I have not installed the game yet as I just bought it today.

G

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
The camera is adjustable if you install patch 2

Reality is but a shadow of one's imagination, is it not?
P
stranger
stranger
P
ok thanks I will try that. I bought it via Steam. My understanding is that the patch is not yet released for the Steam version.

Last edited by Phantomworks; 31/12/10 01:03 PM.
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
ah, well it has been released for steam according to this, I was very pleased with Larian over this game, I had only one glitch and they corrected it with a save game I sent, everything worked great afterward. To show my support for Larian I just bought Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity laugh Haven't tried them out yet, but they look pretty good as well laugh

P
Paulcz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
lazuranthas: what do you mean ? How is it adjustable? I have patch with Impulse version and the camera zooms out/in as always. There is menu option "enable free camera" or something, but it does nothing (a bug?).

Have you seen the screens I posted on previous page? Does it not zoom out like that on your PC?

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
no, mine doesn't adjust overhead like that. I believe I played with the camera when I first began the game and moved it around but it stayed at what I set it, that may be what free camera does. I'm thinking I just hold the right mouse button down and move the mouse and the camera moves to however I want it. I'll have to load up and check, I'll let you know.

P
Paulcz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
ok please do, that sounds interesting. I wonder what the deal is here : ).

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard