#46019 25/03/03 11:30 PM
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran

Last edited by lynn; 02/10/03 08:06 AM.
stranger
stranger
Is there any fix for the Sword in the Stone?You know, when you take it and go far the ghost kills everyone in the Elven Village.To get them back alive.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Glad I read this! I was tempted, but gut reaction was to leave it, since the Holy Grail thing gave me a real headache - assuming that is why the Gates aren't working any more.
Seems to me that these 'legends' things are a bit like monkeys paw wishes...

Off the cuff - will 'banish' work, to send it back?

Support
Support

True Divine One;
No essential NPCs are killed by the ghost. If you don't have a save before taking the sword that you can reload (or if that was too long ago), there is a way to get specific NPCs back. It is a manual procedure, so I would probably just use it for the bow merchant and the elf by the well.

Reviving dead NPCs

If the NPCs for the elven village are all listed together in the character section of the data.000 file, it should be possible to replace all their character data at once from an appropriates save, and get them all back. Care would have to be taken not effect the elven council member (and possibly the quest status for the elf by the well).

Mykeytwo;
Banish will not work. The only way to get rid of the ghost for good is to place the sword back in the stone.

Sword from the Stone screenshot (56KB) - Fake Excalibur

If you want to keep the sword you can either cheat and duplicate it before putting it back, or wait until you have done all the quests in the Dark Forest before removing it.
To copy an item
quick save the game, then drag an item out of your inventory, but not somewhere there is a red X. Without dropping first, quick load the game, then release the mouse button when it starts to load. This will produce a copy of the item on the ground, with the original still in your inventory.

There is a much easier method for items which can be stacked;
Drag a stack out of (or into) your inventory (or container) and hold down the control key before dropping. This will bring up the split stack pane; type in a negative number and hit enter (the checkmark will be greyed out). This can also be done in the trade window.

Welcome to the forum. wave

stranger
stranger
The reason for this post was that i found some "item retrivers" posted of from Larian Studios.Also found that there is a copy of every NPC in the game.A friend of mine use a hex editor to change his location after geting stuck but teleported to the so called back up room.Thats why i wanted to see if the NPC can be revived.And I've returned the sword after I read a guide for Divine Divinity quests.The NPC were brought back by my frien.
Thank you anyway.

K
Kyp Offline
stranger
stranger
K
Is there a way to modify the behavior of a NPC using a hex editor on data.000 ?

More precisely, I want to make a precise option appear in a dialogue (I want to tell Mardaneus I found George's killer).

Support
Support

It is possible to replace the character data with the corresponding data from another game. I don't know if that would effect the dialog options, though. However, the dialog file itself can be temporarily replaced with one from an appropriate working save: see FIX for broken Imp Council Member quest.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Sorry, it seems that I am playing this game like 5 years too late.
I am stuck at the letter that Cybu dropped, I can't pick it up. is there a fix for that?
thanx

Support
Support

If you can not click and drag the letter (try hitting Alt, as well), you may be able to get it using the Telekinesis skill. If not, some file swapping in the save folder can get a replacement; see the topic Lost Items - guide and directory of inventory files.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard