Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Never changed??? confused
So if you go in the catacombs beneath aleroth, the music also do not change?
hug

I hope someone can solve this very strange thing !!

And if more people discover this problem, don't hesitate to write it down in this topic ! wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
stranger
stranger
Sorry, should've been more specific. It does change when I go underground, but the tracks never change when I'm running around on the surface. That is all.

Support
Support

Your sound.cmp CRC32 value matches that of the disk version of the game (ie it wasn't changed for the download version), so there is nothing wrong with the file itself.

There is a Divine Divinity Music Extractor (72KB) by BrainBox, though it was designed for the disk version of the game, so you will presumably need to move/copy the file to the expected path under the DD folder. Alternately, the soundtrack (and more) can be downloaded from the composer's website in mp3 format. See DD music.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks for the help Raze wink

But since the download version (from GOG) HAS also the DD soundtracks inclusive, I have no need for a Music Extractor !
And it's almost impossible to play (and find) the right soundtrack (on my CD player) AND play that sound on the SAME moment when I'm walking in and out (for example) the Blue Boar Inn etc ...
That will been stupid interactions that destroy the gameplay even more ... :hihi:

The most strange thing is:
by me it only happens (so far) on 3 places (Blue Boar Inn, Dwarven Bread Inn and if I go to the Farmlands). All the other places seems so far okay, BUT mostly the "changing" comes moments "later" !! wink The music from the Ducall Inn in Verdistis is okay !

Lucky I've much patient and play DD on a very slowly way (take my time).
And fortunately the music plays well if I go to the Council of Seven Hall, because I love the beautiful sound on that place !! smile

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
apprentice
apprentice
Did anyone ever get a resolution for this? I think that the GOG version is just a ripoff that has big parts of the soundtrack removed. Either that, or it's broken. I just watched a "Let's Play" of the game on youtube and the entire above-ground area has nothing but the same two tracks playing in every single area. Has anyone confirmed that the game ever works correctly for anyone? I doubt that this is a technical issue.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Like I said before: my GOG version work fine, except :
Music don't change if I go:
1) in the Blue Boar Inn
2) in the Dwarven Bread Inn
3) If I go over the bridge (where you the first time help soldiers fighting 2 Trolls) coming from Aleroth and going to the Farmlands, the music don't change, never.

Sometimes (or more often) if I go to the Dark Forest or Verdistis ... the music changed slower than by my disk version!
After going to the Wastelands all the music is okay, and that, makes me very happy ! smile

A
stranger
stranger
A
I just got the GOG version a few days ago and am having this problem as well. Above ground all I get are ambient sounds and sometimes Aleroth music.
Tried reinstalling, admin, comparability etc, none of it's helping.

Really disappointing to me especially after hearing some of the soundtrack elsewhere, It feels like a whole part of the game is missing.

addict
addict
Just adding my voice to those that have this problem. The remastered version of DD really should have had some more quality testing done. It's a shame that Larian lost the remastered version as well. Fix this please Larian!!!

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hey there folks. Just bumping this thread to share some findings. After struggling with crashes, other things and whatnot with the retail copy I finally caved in to get the Steam version. And it does seem to have that same 1.005A disappearing music bug. "A Wind Of Aleroth" and "Relentless Wandering" seem to be playing over and over without any other tracks playing according to change in areas. So I ended up playing around with different files. What I found is that replacing (i backed up the originals of course) the 1.0061 exe with the retail .exe patched to 1.034 + Osiris.dll (1.00061 has OsirisDLL.dll instead) + DivDialogSystem.dll seem to take the game back to 1.034 and the music is restored to normal. Osiris.dll didn't change that on its own. So it's quite clear to me that this latest compilation of the .exe seems to have that bug in there. Since it does seem to be much easier to update stuff on Steam maybe there's a chance for a proper fix this time. Besides this music bug the game seems to be running very well so far.

Support
Support

Thanks for the info. I have not noticed a problem yet with the music in the latest version, but have mostly just been checking specific issues / places, rather than playing and exploring normally. Some people have reported music problems as severe as yours, while others only have an issue with a couple locations.

BTW, one person reported crashes after going to Verdistis in the disk version, in a save started in the Steam version of the game (which I was able to replicate). If you kept the disk version files in your Steam install folder, you may potentially run into similar conflicts.

Welcome to the forum. wave

addict
addict
Nooooooo! I bought the Steam version in hope of fixed music, specifically to play Divinity this month as I've got the time, finally. But the music bug is a game breaker for me, and I don't want to go back to 1.034...

All I hear is "Roads Shaded by Green Eaves" in Aleroth and beyond. I ran all the way to the Cursed Abey -- just after the piece had ended. After a bit of silence "Relentless Wandering" started playing.

Larian, please fix: my life depends on it! wink

Last edited by Arhu; 31/07/12 04:32 PM.

Do You Like Dreams?
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ausername
I just got the GOG version a few days ago and am having this problem as well. Above ground all I get are ambient sounds and sometimes Aleroth music.
Tried reinstalling, admin, comparability etc, none of it's helping.

Really disappointing to me especially after hearing some of the soundtrack elsewhere, It feels like a whole part of the game is missing.

Just to note, I have the same problem with my GOG version. Sometimes quitting and reloading the game fixes it but mostly I get no music. Running it on Win7 x64 (admin mode) 8Gb RAM, AMD quad core 3.4Ghz and sounblaster live audio. Also tried it on the board's built in realtek audio.

EDIT:
Just had a thought; my PC has two sound cards (as I use it for DJ'ing) and I just switch sound cards by changing the default sound device. I have three; the two soundcards and HDMI audio out. Does anyone here with this problem have more than one sound card fitted or have a graphics card with HDMI output? A long shot but maybe something to do with that?

Last edited by Arokh; 01/08/12 12:44 PM.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

B
stranger
stranger
B
I'm running XP with a crappy on-board ADI SoundMax card. It has to be an issue with the 1.0005-1.0006 .exe as the original 1.034 .exe seems to be playing the music just fine.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by Arhu
Nooooooo! I bought the Steam version in hope of fixed music, specifically to play Divinity this month as I've got the time, finally. But the music bug is a game breaker for me, and I don't want to go back to 1.034...

Larian, please fix: my life depends on it! wink

What?! Really? Then I shall clarify the facts for you. The Steam release of the game (1.0061) [as well as GoG release (1.005A)] still does not contain any fixes introduced by official game patches 1.33/1.34. Despite so-called 'HD Widescreen' fixes, sound and other problems, the Steam and GoG releases are close to 1.0029A unpatched CD version. If you don't want to run into assorted gameplay and sound problems you should use original RETAIL 3CD game release with latest official patch installed (i prefer even 1.0033A but this version have copy protection and you should start new game in 1.0033A because of some incompatibilities with savegames made by other game versions).

Support
Support

does not contain any fixes introduced by official game patches 1.33/1.34.

That is incorrect. See what are the problems with gog's Divine Divinity? and List of known bug(s) in the Steam Version.

the Steam and GoG releases are close to 1.0029A unpatched CD version.

Doing a file comparison of the install folders and getting lots of matches doesn't mean they are close. The 1.34 disk patch was only 10MB, so by that same method the patched disk version is close to the unpatched disk version, as well.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Doing a file comparison of the install folders and getting lots of matches doesn't mean they are close. The 1.34 disk patch was only 10MB, so by that same method the patched disk version is close to the unpatched disk version, as well.

I mean that both Steam/GoG game releases contain the same files (global.cmp/treasure.cmp, region.00n files, dlg and startup folders and few main files) as in 1.0029A unpatched disk version of the game. I saw your md5 file from Steam release and has verified manually with the disk version of game. In official game patches 1.33/1.34 all these files have been updated, but not in GoG and Steam releases.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It's not a game breaker for me but it would be nice if it worked properly. If I figure anything out what is causing it Ill post back as it seems to work sometimes. Won`t be for a while though as I won't be able to play any games for the next 2 weeks.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Support
Support

This problem has been fixed, and the Steam version updated already. For now the GOG and Anthology DVD version can be manually patched. I'm not sure if or when GOG is planning on an official patch, but it will eventually be packaged so the anthology auto-patcher can install it.

The updated files (div.exe, DivDialogSystem.dll, OsirisDLL.dll) can be downloaded from this Dropbox page [EDIT link broken/expired] and placed in the 'Divine Divinity' install folder. You can click on each of the files to download them individually, or there is a button at the top of the page to download them as a zip file, or add to your own Dropbox account (if applicable).

Here is an alternate download, in a 7-Zip .7z archive (915KB).
If you don't have an archive manager installed that can handle the .7z format (7-Zip or other), simply rename the download with an .exe extension. It is a self extracting archive, but my ISP blocks executable files, so I had to rename it.

Last edited by Raze; 17/07/13 07:11 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Wow It works!!!!!!!Despite music doesn`t change quickly but I don`t care!

Last edited by James 540; 20/04/13 03:06 AM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
addict
addict
What, what, WHAAAAT?!

This is the biggest news for me since the start of the Original Sin Kickstarter! Finally!

Thanks so much @ everyone involved!

Do You Like Dreams?
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard